New York sues to break up NRA, accuses it of corruption

webfact

33 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

LOL, you seem to think that those are valid arguments for the present gun laws. You're wrong.

"You seem to think that people can't get hold of guns heroin against the law. You're wrong."

Still a valid argument?

Of course it's still a valid argument.

I'm a libertarian and view the current drug laws as in dire need of reform. 

The fact that despite a blanket ban heroin is still a major problem proves very clearly that the over-restrictive laws some mental midgets want to put in place for guns would not make guns disappear, just as the blanket drugs ban has not made drugs disappear.

Just look at Portugal who handles the issue very sensibly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Logosone said:

You are wrong as always. He did:

"Oh, I see.  You mean the NRA is like a shell corporation laundering money."

Is what he wrote. Now the NRA is not laundering money. And it certainly is not a corporation.

Maybe read the thread before you post nonsense.

7 minutes ago, Logosone said:

I have of course done no such thing, I have merely asked people if they have evidence of the NRA's supposed money laundering. I note not a single poster, not one, could adduce any credible evidence the NRA engaged in money laundering. Not one.

I have never said such evidence does not exist, but asked if anyone had evidence of NRA money laundering. Nobody did.

So, given that the NRA has not been convincted of any crime of money laundering so far and no evidence has been adduced so far, the position seems clear.

So when you said "the NRA is not laundering money" you didn't claim the NRA didn't launder' money. All clear.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, RANGER55 said:

One think for sure, she is sticking to her election promise which was only one, GET TRUMP.

She can’t be to bright, even the democrats are saying this was absolutely a stupid move months before the election. All those democrats and independents in those swing states that own guns. She may please NY but its not in play. Keep it up, You morons are going to get Trump reelected yet!

She needs to worry about NY, murders, car jacking, robbery's, needles on the street. Some crimes up 200%. Looks like she needs to work on that. Then the governor Cuomo would not have to make a commercial literally bagging the millionaires to come back to NY. Last week, commercial (come-on back, let me buy you a cup of coffee or lunch, come back to NY!!!!!!

Out of her!

"You morons are going to get [45] elected"

Lets face it - people who will vote for 45 will not be dissuaded, regardless of evidence provided to them.

As well, people who will vote against 45 cannot be dissuaded by any means.

So the target audience to sway one way or the other is those on the fence. If it is shown that supporters of 45 are criminal in their intent, they may be persuaded to vote their conscience. 

• Haha 2

On 8/7/2020 at 8:43 PM, Logosone said:

The NRA is not a company.

And of course that's completely false. When Carlos Ghosn was accused of misappropriating funds it was him personally that was indicted, not Nissan.

You're right (but nitpicking): using charity assets for personal gain in any way is, if anything, even worse and the decisive factor is whether the organisation knew and approved whatever is cited as misuse. 

• Haha 1