New York sues to break up NRA, accuses it of corruption

webfact

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

So if it’s not about crimes the court will reject the filing, there will be no evidence of crimes, there will be no guilty verdict and there will be no court orders, fines, imprisonments or asset seizures.

I suspect there are crimes and a very clear evidence trail.

However, Trump supporters will ignore the criminality because, as you so rightly state the NRA is a supporter of Trump’s the-election bid.

I do think the timing of the charges wasn't a particularly good move. It will provide trump and his supporters to indulge in the usual conspiracy rants which will influence some voters to vote against the Dems. There again to not call out the people at the NRA at this time due to political concerns would have been a dangerous political gamble - very tough call for the NY AG to launch a civil lawsuit. I would assume Bidden is not too pleased with the distraction.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Even Letitia James would not be stupid enough to make that allegation.

My humble apologies.  I didn't realise that as a stupid non-American I wasn't allowed to ask questions.  Do they have defamation laws in USA as well?  I'm shocked.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, simple1 said:

I would assume Bidden is not too pleased with the distraction.

The gun nuts are a core Trump constituency. They'd vote for him even he shot one of them on Fifth Ave.

I doubt the AG moved without substantial evidence. She doesn't want to look silly any more than anyone else. And I suspect if the charges look like they're going to damage the NRA, a lot of independents will be happy. And happy to vote for Biden to keep the momentum going.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, simple1 said:

I do think the timing of the charges wasn't a particularly good move. It will provide trump and his supporters to indulge in the usual conspiracy rants which will influence some voters to vote against the Dems. There again to not call out the people at the NRA at this time due to political concerns would have been a dangerous political gamble - very tough call for the NY AG to launch a civil lawsuit. I would assume Bidden is not too pleased with the distraction.

Terrible move by Letitia.

Not only does it illustrate the litigious backstabbing many AGs now engage in, politicising their office, but it also jolts all the millions of NRA members into action as they see their much beloved organisation being treated like, as was said here, Al Capone.

The political response by those in the NRA, many of whom are very high profile and very wealthy, will strengthen Trump's numbers come election time. However the legal action will drag on for years.

Bad move.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Why Me said:

Hey, dopey, you forgot the fifth one: NRA Fund to Rehabilitate Victims and Families of Gun Massacres.

You need to read the rules here,about comments toward other members

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, animalmagic said:

My humble apologies.  I didn't realise that as a stupid non-American I wasn't allowed to ask questions.  Do they have defamation laws in USA as well?  I'm shocked.

That's quite allright.

But, out of curiosity, why would the NRA launder money it receives from legitimate membership fees?

You do realise the NRA is not a drug distribution network? 

Seriously, what kind of question is this?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Logosone said:

That's quite allright.

But, out of curiosity, why would the NRA launder money it receives from legitimate membership fees?

You do realise the NRA is not a drug distribution network? 

Seriously, what kind of question is this?

Out of curiosity, does the NRA receive money other than legitimate membership fees?

You do realise that not only drug distributors launder money?

Kind of a valid question, but that's only my opinion as a stupid person.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, riclag said:
28 minutes ago, Why Me said:

Hey, dopey, you forgot the fifth one: NRA Fund to Rehabilitate Victims and Families of Gun Massacres.

You need to read the rules here,about comments toward other members

I am sorry but sometimes I find it hard to hide my contempt for stupid people. Oh, shoot, I did it again. I am out of here.

1 minute ago, animalmagic said:

Out of curiosity, does the NRA receive money other than legitimate membership fees?

Kind of a valid question, but that's only my opinion as a stupid person.

And perhaps you would like to disclose your evidence for your belief that the NRA launders money?

Because it wouldn't just be idle fanciful accusations without basis I'm sure.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Logosone said:

And perhaps you would like to disclose your evidence for your belief that the NRA launders money?

Because it wouldn't just be idle fanciful accusations without basis I'm sure.

My earlier post that you replied to - "Out of curiosity, does the NRA receive money other than legitimate membership fees?

Kind of a valid question, but that's only my opinion as a stupid person."

Please advise what part of my above post is an idle fanciful accusation without basis.  I'm sure the professional investigators in USA will disclose any proof they unearth on any criminal activity when the time is right.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, animalmagic said:

My earlier post that you replied to - "Out of curiosity, does the NRA receive money other than legitimate membership fees?

Kind of a valid question, but that's only my opinion as a stupid person."

Please advise what part of my above post is an idle fanciful accusation without basis.  I'm sure the professional investigators in USA will disclose any proof they unearth on any criminal activity when the time is right.

Okay, so you raised the notion that the NRA launders money-

even though you have no evidence of this accusation whatsoever.

Okay. Thanks for clarifying.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Phoenix Rising said:

No, he did not. The connection was made entirely and tellingly by you.

You are wrong as always. He did:

"Oh, I see.  You mean the NRA is like a shell corporation laundering money."

Is what he wrote. Now the NRA is not laundering money. And it certainly is not a corporation.

Maybe read the thread before you post nonsense.

• Confused 1

46 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You need to read the report from the Senate investigation into the NRA and it’s links to Russia.

It’s full of answers to your question re why the NRA would launder money.

It However raises the question why has the US AG refused to take action.

So maybe you could post the evidence of the NRA's supposed money laundering activities.

Anything?

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Logosone said:

You are wrong as always. He did:

"Oh, I see.  You mean the NRA is like a shell corporation laundering money."

Is what he wrote. Now the NRA is not laundering money. And it certainly is not a corporation.

Maybe read the thread before you post nonsense.

You ask others proof of the NRA laundering money, since you claim the NRA is not laundering money, I'm sure you have the proof for that to show here.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

He was asking a question, not making a claim.

You seem awfully confused today. Is everything OK?

Lol, he was clearly insinuating the NRA laundered money. Just like Chomper Higgot, who I'm sure will surely post the evidence that the NRA is laundering money.

Can't wait to see it.

Is it going to be long?