Attitude of immigration staff

11 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Ever had your old passport stamps transferred to your new one? No I didn't think so. 500 Baht is usually asked for, no receipt, when it's a free service.

Nonthaburi office - never. Never paid extra for anything. 

• Like 1

only had a couple of bad times at my office

First time was when they started the 800,00 seasoning. The paperwork stated 2 months, officer said 3 months, Come back next week, i fine you 2,000 baht then give extension . No discussion, refused to look at the official paperwork showing 2 months, just stating she is helping me get new extension

Last one was last week, when going for my 90 days. New lady, she looked at my passport, started jabbing her finger at it, threw it back to me, threw some papers to me and walked away

Went back today for 90 day, took my lady, she sat at the desk, 5 minutes and back out of the door, no problems

It just seems to be the odd newcomer who either does not know what to do, or is trying to show her superiority 

But its a real pain when the change the rules and demand more paperwork, that then necessitates another 100k trip to I.O 

Just wish everything could be done online, the less i go to the office, the better

• Like 1

Some of us must be very lucky, touch wood.

I have just done my fourth marriage extension and every year it has got easier, the first year required Witnesses, the second year. only copy of kor ror 22 which I forgot, all fixed within twenty minutes by quick trip to Amphur.  Last year was the proof of finances, Bank statement and copies of Transferwise receipts, all checked and accepted.

This year in at 8.30, I O wandered in with his coffee ten minutes later, handed over two sets of papers, and two not very flattering passport photos, he went through them and only asked a few questions but I had covered everything including source of Pensions, Bank letter and Statement only two days old, Transferwise receipts, all accepted . I then spent the next ten minutes signing every page, Wife only signed a couple of sheets he produced, signed another few forms and paid 2000baht, didn't bother about the 100 baht change.

Passport stamped for return 28 Aug for final stamp, out and off for breakfast at 9.50.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, worgeordie said:

There must be something wrong with me,after years of dealing

with immigration here,I have never experienced anything like the

OP has gone through.

My only complaint is actually getting to sit in front of an Immigration

Officer,in past years at Chiang Mai immigration it was getting up at

4.00 in the morning to get a place in the que,that was after they

cancelled the system of making an appointment,that made things

a lot easier.

Then Big Joke came along and things improved greatly,slipped back

again after he vanished, but the last 2 years have been very easy,

from getting letter at bank,driving to IO, and out the door with an

extension, 1.5 Hours,once a year not a problem.

regards worgeordie

Pattaya/Jomtien has it down to 10-20 mins...just depends how many are ahead of you. The last 3-4 years, I've literally been out in 10 minutes.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JWRC said:

Sounds like you use Kanchanaburi Immigration, because this is an accurate description of how they treat people.

I moved from Kanchanaburi for that reason. Trying to extend my marriage visa there was a nightmare. 2 years ago I was accused by the female IO if presenting forged British Embassy documents!  This was in front of a packed office of fellow ex Pats.  I just walked.

22 hours ago, GlobalCynic said:

I've had to use Thai Immigration for about 25 years and most of my annual trips for retirement visas have been a nightmare. I find Immigration staff are generally obnoxious, and frantically looking for fault, or just plain intimidating. Coupled with that, each year seems to bring a new surprise demand that is not required by law, and any information given is often suspect as being inaccurate, outdated or ambiguous. It really doesn't need to be like that. I wonder if this is a deliberate policy?

In my case, the nightmare, cavalier treatment received on my special day poisons my entire thinking about staying here.

Yes, I know what you are saying: "Then go somewhere else." I'm thinking about it.

It's called bureaucracy...exists in pretty much all government institutions....west, east, and in triplicate in Thailand.

• Like 2

I am about to re new my Retirement visa for the 18th year..every time i do so i make a point of going to the local Immigration office to ask what documents are needed,  due to forever changing rules.......i then make the copies of the necessary documents  and go back  to Immigration to obtain the visa, it is the i'm told you need one more of this, one more of that, etc..always have to be wrong

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, actonion said:

I am about to re new my Retirement visa for the 18th year..every time i do so i make a point of going to the local Immigration office to ask what documents are needed,  due to forever changing rules.......i then make the copies of the necessary documents  and go back  to Immigration to obtain the visa, it is the i'm told you need one more of this, one more of that, etc..always have to be wrong

Which immigration office do you use? I renew at Jomtien, and for people using the bank deposit method, the requirements haven't changed in years. The last one I recall was no longer needing a medical certificate, which was years ago, and made renewals easier, not harder.