Where to buy generic medicines in BKK

ezzra

If you are asking about medications not registered for sale in Thailand expect it would have to be done by mail.  Medications sold here, be they first name brands or legal copies should be available from any pharmacy (although they may try to sell the more expensive product harder).  

The row of pharmacies across from the Rajavithi Hospital near Victory Monument should have pretty much all the meds that you can find in Bkk. If you have a specific med in mind best to post in the Health and Med forum.

• Like 1

Generics here, are usually sold under the Thai GPO brand/label.  GPO:. Government Pharmaceutical Organization.  Whether, or not, they are the exclusive sellers of legal generics, I don't know, but that is what all the legit pharmacies sell.

I can't speak for Bangkok, but here in the East, so long as you know the generic name for the meds you are after (check this out on google) most of the smaller pharmacies around me ( not Boots or Watsons) stock generic brands and are much cheaper that the 'real stuff'. Good examples are pain medications, antibiotics (if you really need them)  and medications for inflammation and for gout (which I suffer from occasionally) . 

Edited by Pilotman