Trump says coronavirus vaccine possible before Nov. 3

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Donald Trump said on Thursday it was possible the United States would have a coronavirus vaccine before the Nov. 3

Wonder if he also saw pink elefants climbing the walls of Empire State Building? There just must be too much snorting for this guy.

• Like 2

Wait until the price of the vaccine is made public. Big Pharma, using the dollars for research the the government gave them, will make a financial killing. And somewhere along the line tRump will have his hands in it so he can make money. He's got 160,000 dead, did little to help anyone and ignored, then lied to deny and deflect. Why oh why is he not stricken with it yet? Can't wait to hear that! Without a cheapl or free vaccine this will continue indefinitely jeopardizing the health of the world, the world economy, and the future of the USA. What a POS!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Saint Nick said:

Even if- how would that help him?

Because the relatives of the 160.000 dead will suddenly have amnesia?

All those slipping under the poverty line, due to his complete lack of leadership and sensible policies?

All those PEACEFUL protesters, that were brutalized by his secret police?

And HAVING a vaccine doesn't mean having it AVAILABLE for everybody!

He is just full of ...it!

The 160k dead I would blame on China, as well unemployment and poverty. The protesters ( peaceful ?)

have nothing to do with the Chinese Virus. And yes, I hope US will be the 1st to have the vax ready - and not giving it to the commies

• Sad 3

Its overly optimistic but not impossible. The problem being it gives false hope and in reality its just not known yet but Oct is a possibility

The Oxford vaccine against coronavirus will not be ready to be rolled out until October, researchers have said.

There were hopes the vaccine could be in use by September if human trials continue to be successful, and drugs company AstraZeneca is ready to quickly produce 30 million vaccines.

But Professor Adrian Hill, the director of the Jenner Institute at the University of Oxford, told a webinar of the Spanish Society of Rheumatology that the "best scenario" would see results from clinical trials in August and September and deliveries from October. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/06/22/best-scenario-will-see-oxford-coronavirus-vaccine-ready-roll/

The US operation warp speed has secured 300 million doses of this vaccine

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the top U.S. government infectious diseases official, offered a more conservative view in a Reuters interview on Wednesday, saying there might be an indication that at least one vaccine works and is safe by year end.

Thanks Doc for the forecast(might be a indication).:clap2: Really!

Edited by riclag
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ehs818 said:

Wait until the price of the vaccine is made public. Big Pharma, using the dollars for research the the government gave them, will make a financial killing. And somewhere along the line tRump will have his hands in it so he can make money. He's got 160,000 dead, did little to help anyone and ignored, then lied to deny and deflect. Why oh why is he not stricken with it yet? Can't wait to hear that! Without a cheapl or free vaccine this will continue indefinitely jeopardizing the health of the world, the world economy, and the future of the USA. What a POS!!!!

conspiracy theories run a muck 

Edited by riclag

1 hour ago, Deli said:

The 160k dead I would blame on China, as well unemployment and poverty. The protesters ( peaceful ?)

have nothing to do with the Chinese Virus. And yes, I hope US will be the 1st to have the vax ready - and not giving it to the commies

I think if a vaccine comes, people need to pay for it. If people can show they have no financial means ,they should get it free!

I'm not quite sure who decides what countries discovery is gonna take precedent ,but if the chinese want to distribute it free, as a humanitarian good gesture for their  lack of candor  I'd be willing to consider it!  

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

No. Flus are not Corona viruses. 

However, the common cold can be caused by coronaviruses (amongst others).  And is some languages there's no clear distinction between colds and 'flu.  For example, in English the common cold (in men) is known as man 'flu.

3 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

vaccines are being made now but as to if they work is not sure .or you end up with a missing arm or leg like thaidomide who knows

Which of course is key in making the decision as to whether one WANTS to be vaccinated.

We may well get to a point where, in order to travel, vaccination becomes mandatory (purely conjecture at present) but then what??? 

7 hours ago, darksidedog said:

It's just laughable isn't it? It's like he dreams up a best case scenario every time and then blurts it out as if it were actually true. Sadly, millions get sucked in every time. Given no vaccine has been made that worked on any of the previous corona viruses, this is an awfully optimistic statement.

I know the guy got a big mouth and lies but there isn't one politician who isn't doing the same stuff just look at all the ThaiVisa articles each day that you and I respond are basically full of smoke.

Sooner or later when you throw out enough bait you are going to catch something from everything I'm reading about vaccines two companies are in the final stage of testing although there are others creating other types of vaccines to address Covid -19, but these two final test on monkey's created an immune protection currently that vaccine is already being tested on human population in Brazil, Africa, and another 30,000 in the U.S. I spoke to my cousin who is Chief at one of the largest Veterans hospital in U.S. and said this vaccine is very promising and has shown no side affects so far?

Meantime the U.S. has pour in billions to already produce this or these vaccine prior to the final results yes it is all a gamble what else do we got but just rolling out the dice? For once I hope he is right or close to it having it would pretty much make him a shoe in for his 2nd terms. Yea I know many don't care of like him I didn't vote for him but never have been scare of him the U.S. Constitution not perfect will and have contain him. I never like him and I'm a Democrat now Independent seeing Biden in office now that is scary it is like attending one of those Expat meeting in Pattaya? ????

Give the guy a chance sooner or later lets hope sooner!

2 minutes ago, Oxx said:

However, the common cold can be caused by coronaviruses (amongst others).  And is some languages there's no clear distinction between colds and 'flu.  For example, in English the common cold (in men) is known as man 'flu.

No...... "man flu" is just a slang term often used by women to disparage men (sometimes jokingly).

The  term "common cold" is used by doctors and scientists - somewhat different. 

Edited by VBF

8 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Given no vaccine has been made that worked on any of the previous corona viruses, this is an awfully optimistic statement.

Probably better not to post if you don't know what you're talking about.  There are vaccines against porcine respiratory CoV, avian infectious bronchitis CoV and SARS-CoV-1.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

I know the guy got a big mouth and lies but there isn't one politician who isn't doing the same stuff just look at all the ThaiVisa articles each day that you and I respond are basically full of smoke.

Sooner or later when you throw out enough bait you are going to catch something from everything I'm reading about vaccines two companies are in the final stage of testing although there are others creating other types of vaccines to address Covid -19, but these two final test on monkey's created an immune protection currently that vaccine is already being tested on human population in Brazil, Africa, and another 30,000 in the U.S. I spoke to my cousin who is Chief at one of the largest Veterans hospital in U.S. and said this vaccine is very promising and has shown no side affects so far?

Meantime the U.S. has pour in billions to already produce this or these vaccine prior to the final results yes it is all a gamble what else do we got but just rolling out the dice? For once I hope he is right or close to it having it would pretty much make him a shoe in for his 2nd terms. Yea I know many don't care of like him I didn't vote for him but never have been scare of him the U.S. Constitution not perfect will and have contain him. I never like him and I'm a Democrat now Independent seeing Biden in office now that is scary it is like attending one of those Expat meeting in Pattaya? ????

Give the guy a chance sooner or later lets hope sooner!

I get that, but his "random nonsense" isn't very Presidential is it?

Government by Twitter....pullleeezzzeee!!!!!!!

Our own dear Boris (!) has been known to be very un-statesmanlike on numerous occasions too, but I think I trust him to undertake at least some research before yapping!

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Oxx said:

Probably better not to post if you don't know what you're talking about.  There are vaccines against porcine respiratory CoV, avian infectious bronchitis CoV and SARS-CoV-1.

SARS-CoV-2 now adds to the list of coronavirus diseases that have threatened global health, along with the SARS (severe acute respiratory syndrome) and MERS (Middle East respiratory syndrome) coronaviruses that emerged in 2002/2003 and 2012, respectively. As of April 2020, no vaccine is commercially available for these coronavirus strains.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7177048/

That's the US National library Of Medicine National Institutes of Health, so a fairly respectable establishment.

• Thanks 1