Trump says coronavirus vaccine possible before Nov. 3

webfact

3 hours ago, earlinclaifornia said:

My reply for sure was going to get me in trouble. 

Whatever you want to say don't let me stop you just remember it takes two to tangle I'm old enough to defend whatever comes out of my mouth and if I can't I'm also old enough to admit you might have a good point and even apologize if necessary.  Whatever your response was going to be I'm sure my response back would also get me in trouble?  ????

11 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Translation: House Democrats are trying to push through legislation to delay the vaccine because delaying it will help them win the elections.

Evil. That's the only word that comes to mind.

You want an unsafe vaccine? 

Bizarre! 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Redline said:

And somehow he will take credit for it, even though he discredits science at all levels.

I think it is more blaming the world including scientists if the vaccine is not there before the 3rd.

After all everyone is against him.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, stevenl said:

I think it is more blaming the world including scientists if the vaccine is not there before the 3rd.

After all everyone is against him.

Conspiracy after conspiracy-the deep state is coming out of the earth’s core

@Oxx I did some checking about coronaviruses and vaccines.   Most of the information that is easy to find is about the 7 types of coronaviruses that affect humans.  There are a number that also affect animals.  

You are correct, that there have been vaccines developed for veterinary use, but they are considered to be largely ineffective.  Here's a quote on them:  Vaccines are available for IBV, TGEV, and Canine CoV, although their effectiveness is limited. In the case of outbreaks of highly contagious animal coronaviruses, such as PEDV, measures such as destruction of entire herds of pigs may be used to prevent transmission to other herds.

Of the 7 types of Coronavirus that affect humans, 4 are rather benign and are associated primarily with the common cold.   The other 3 are more serious and these are the ones that cause(d) SARS, MERS and now Covid-19.   None of these have had a successful vaccine.  

Because there wasn't a successful vaccine does not mean one is not possible.  As you noted, SARS went away and any major effort to develop a vaccine went with it.   MERS, I believe still has some working on a vaccine, but I am sure it is limited because MERS does not present a widespread threat.  

The 'cautiously optimistic' phrase being used is probably accurate.  The animal vaccine demonstrates it is possible, but it also shows effectiveness is harder to achieve. 

At any rate, Oxx, thanks for your input.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2020 at 3:57 PM, herwin1234 said:

Many usa citizens are even too anti science distrusting medical experts and politisizing just about everything that they even dont wear mask, so even if there is a vaccine, many usa citizens will find a glorious reason NOT to get vaccinated.

Possibly the same "intellectuals" who voted for Fart.......sorry....Trump 

• Like 1

On 8/7/2020 at 2:43 PM, Jingthing said:

No. Flus are not Corona viruses. 

I know some forms of the cold are cornoa viruses, as well as SARS - they have been working on a vaccine for that for a number of years, so they have done a lot of background work already

On 8/7/2020 at 9:09 AM, steven100 said:

Well done Mr Trump .....  please keep true to your word   !

quote from the op. "WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump said on Thursday it was possible the United States would have a coronavirus vaccine before the Nov. 3 election, a more optimistic forecast on timing than anything suggested by his own White House health experts."

What he appears to have said was actually "U.S. President Donald Trump said on Thursday it was possible the United States would have a coronavirus vaccine before the Nov. 3 election".

Not would have but possible. 2 opposing words. Would have is a strong positive statement, whereas possible is not that strong or that possible.

It is the same as me saying I will win the lottery as opposed to I possibly will win the lottery,

Did you notice that it may happen before the November 3rd election?

If it doesn't happen and I believe that this is another of Trump's 20,xxx lies he will blame everybody else as usual.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, billd766 said:

What he appears to have said was actually "U.S. President Donald Trump said on Thursday it was possible the United States would have a coronavirus vaccine before the Nov. 3 election".

Not would have but possible. 2 opposing words. Would have is a strong positive statement, whereas possible is not that strong or that possible.

Seems as part of the OP is invisible to you, so he CLEARLY said, around election time.

Would it make a lot of difference to you if it was November 2 or December 1?

Just wait for his lies about a vaccine to increase few days before the election

Asked on the Geraldo Rivera radio program when a vaccine might be ready, Trump said, "Sooner than the end of the year, could be much sooner."

"Sooner than November 3?" he was asked.

"I think in some cases, yes possible before, but right around that time," Trump said.

1 hour ago, Susco said:

Seems as part of the OP is invisible to you, so he CLEARLY said, around election time.

Would it make a lot of difference to you if it was November 2 or December 1?

Just wait for his lies about a vaccine to increase few days before the election

Asked on the Geraldo Rivera radio program when a vaccine might be ready, Trump said, "Sooner than the end of the year, could be much sooner."

"Sooner than November 3?" he was asked.

"I think in some cases, yes possible before, but right around that time," Trump said.

Strangely enough none of the OP was invisible to me as I read it then posted my response. You responded to my post so I read it again and nothing had changed in between times. Therefore my original post still stands without alteration.

It makes very little difference to me personally who wins the election, but I would hope that whoever wins is not a serial and compulsive liar, (At least 20,xxx in nearly 4 years) and actually does try to get the USA out of the pit that Trump has dug it into.

• Haha 2