BANGKOK
webfact

100 billion baht rescue package for Thai tourism mooted - foreign tourists wanted before year's end

Unfortunately, it's all doomed for Thailand now.

After promoting a zero tolerance policy, and Prayut apologising for ONE Egyptian, how on Earth will they twist this into a manageable risk policy?

Look at Germany as an example, they had no testing required until yesterday, now, because of an increase in cases, they will require either a prior covid test within 72 hours OR testing at the airport FOR FREE.

No silly quarantine either if any of the two conditions above are met.

21 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Seriously I would not trust being tested in Thailand, I think there would be a few passengers ‘rushed’ to hospital after the some of tests.

Very good point.

Can you imagine, say they open up. They won't, because they are deluded. But let's just assume for this example they do.

I do my covid test back home, not necessarily because they require me to (let's assume no requirement to enter Thailand), but for my peace of mind to make sure I am negative upon departure, because I am a tourist going to a holiday and I would not want 14 days of quarantine in my 20 day vacation, so I am trying to reduce my risk to the minimum.

And then, after flying for 10 hours, they find me positive in Thailand. Because they want to scam me before the taxi drivers in front of Suvarnabhumi.

Imagine that.

Luckily, Thais are not travelling to Europe, even though we have opened up for them, because they do not wish to quarantine upon return to Thailand.

If they did, we would know how covid free Thailand really is.

On 8/7/2020 at 5:17 PM, Anna Rak said:

British Home office remove quarantine restrictions for Malaysia and Brunei.

Malaysia's border is closed to foreign tourists, and will likely remain so at least as long as Thailand's. Seriously, I don't get the "threats" of many posters here to "take their business elsewhere" when basically all of Asia remains closed indefinitely.

Canada has done a good nob in dealing with and controlling the virus. The premiers and their medical staff along with their virus experts and the co operation of the citizen's now have the virus down to double digits daily for the whole country.We all still follow the rules wash hands wear masks and social distancing plus number control.The country is all in stage three which is as close is to normal as possible.The USA is still reporting close to a thousand death's some day's.We should be on that list of being allowed into Thailand if and when the time comes.

• Like 2

I'm sure they're right and just thousands of tourists are panting to arrive and quarantine in Thailand.

Funny though, my picture of one of Phukets famous beaches yesterday (Aug 07) seems a little different than the pristine beach in the article.

image.thumb.png.8f9c366c27c04374d72f666d9e184bfb.png

• Thanks 2

On 8/7/2020 at 5:52 PM, sambum said:

So looking at the latest figures, would you call having 6090 new cases in one day "within manageable limits" and an  acceptable level for your healthcare resources?

Would you call a total of more than 5,000,000 (5 million) "within manageable limits" and an acceptable level for your healthcare resources?

And just to wander slightly off topic, from the BBC News:-

"The postponement of tens of thousands of hospital procedures is putting the lives of people with long-term heart conditions at risk, according to the British Heart Foundation. The coronavirus pandemic has created a backlog which would only get larger as patients waited for care, it said."

(The UK has had 308,413 cases, and 46,413 deaths, which is why I say that similarly to the USA, it IS NOT under control, it IS NOT "within manageable limits" and IS NOT "within an acceptable level for their health resources", hence the number of operations/procedures that have been put "on the back burner" as a result.)

I m sorry my friend, but if you go to Croatia to holidays people are relaxed, they follow the protocols and yes the Pandemic is so far under control, the same situation is in Slovenia, same they guy above said under control means you dont break hospital capacity. What is happening in India, Brazil, USA i dont know but i dont believe China numbers either, most of football leagues in Europe they managed to bring to an end, sport, economy, resumed which is most important. 

This government has to realise that 2 weeks in quarantine in Thailand plus 2 weeks in quarantine when

going back home, that's a month in holiday time wasted! I know a Thai person who lives I Australian and

who would want to come to Thailand to visit a family member who's not well, she says she would have

to be in quarantine in Thailand and in quarantine on her way back to Australia. She said it was not worth it.

• Like 2

On 8/7/2020 at 10:45 AM, darksidedog said:

And they actually think that tourists in their droves are going to put up with that? Replace this idiot with an intellectually superior  packet of peanuts and lets all move forward with reality.

Quite true.

Tourists from the selected origins are allowed in.

But they are going to be treated like prisoners on their arrival.

Who ever wants to come to Thailand to stay in the detention center without guild?

And even worse, TAT Selected Countries like US& Europe are  new pandemic centers themselves.

Her brain could be as small as crocodile's.

Or might be even smaller.

• Like 1

Nowdays, Thai government's  tourism  statements are so funny that they might get any Thai comedians out of jobs.

If it happens, they might be called another  casualties of the pandemic.

The Thai Government have convinced the majority of their people that tourists are ‘dirty’ and the country can live without them.