Khon Kaen City Bus

Speedo1968

Does anyone know when the city bus will start a full schedule again ?

The last time I was in KK it was only running twice per day.
I use the train to get to KK so easy to walk from the station to the bus stop near Central.
Yes, I have used songtel.

6 hours ago, Jack Hna said:

Covid 19 buses not clean. You not allowed on anyway. Thigh only.

I was told that they only ran twice per day now, early morning and late evening.

Not allowed on, Thai only - is that a govt. regulation ?
Not sure about them "City bus" not being clean, perhaps difficult to clean whereas with the songthaew they can just hose out the back, of course you still sit side by side.

I don't want to use the over packed inter city buses or minibus from where I live to KK so I take the train ( 8 baht against inter city bus / minibus 35+ baht ). ( 35 minutes against 60 mins ) + a nicer journey with windows open.

The train station is just 10 mins walk from Central from where I can get various forms of transport if needed, other than the norm of using my legs.

5 minutes ago, ChakaKhan said:

The songtaews used to run great and 10 baht in KK...all the colors and for different locations

Probably one of the pluses I recall spending a month living there.....nice town..cute gals....nong khai too

I live 50km away from KK, that's a long time in an overcrowded intercity bus, standing sitting on the floor things haven't changed that much and at well past 70 I'm getting a bit passed standing or sitting on a bus floor.
Now a 3rd class fan carriage on a train with fresh air coming in the wide open windows, that's enjoyable.

From where I live to Korat takes 3 hours by train, more by bus.   Fare is 30 baht train around 90 baht by bus.  On the train the food sellers are always there and if the need arises no need to sit "crosslegged" until the next bus stop.
Yes train times are limited but there are suitable times for most journeys, even day returns.

21 minutes ago, Speedo1968 said:

I live 50km away from KK, that's a long time in an overcrowded intercity bus, standing sitting on the floor things haven't changed that much and at well past 70 I'm getting a bit passed standing or sitting on a bus floor.
Now a 3rd class fan carriage on a train with fresh air coming in the wide open windows, that's enjoyable.

From where I live to Korat takes 3 hours by train, more by bus.   Fare is 30 baht train around 90 baht by bus.  On the train the food sellers are always there and if the need arises no need to sit "crosslegged" until the next bus stop.
Yes train times are limited but there are suitable times for most journeys, even day returns.

Yep took 3rd class train for KK to NK  but my folding bike on there and windows down..chugging along..:)