Unclaimed Cadaver what happen?

poloshirt

Sorry about the sick off-topic comments. Unfortunately a post like yours is a magnet for the worst of the worst on this board.

In any event, take a look at your embassy's website. For Americans, there's quite a lot of detail:

https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/death-of-a-u-s-citizen/

Or call and talk to someone at your embassy, since they will be ones in the front line handling this.

My general reaction is that bureaucracy plays a heavy role here, and you can't expect to leave in a quiet, no-bother fashion.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Better not to die sat at a bar in Pattaya........................it would be weeks before anyone noticed 

You think so ...? The 31 + celsius   degrees + some wind are still here....???? 

Edited by david555

OP: Re the do not resuscitate, what is the protocol for Thais? Sure they may have family members in attendance in case of a mishap but the wishes of the victim should be paramount. Have you talked to a Thai med person?

I understand being alone here. But how about where you live? Apartment building? If so, you might tell the management what to do because if you drop dead (lord forbid) they'll come into the picture pretty quickly.

It may be worth finding a lawyer who can hold a copy of a will on your behalf and putting an extra card into your wallet with details about who to contact in the event of your death.

You could then spell out your wishes and even leave funds or the details of a funeral plan in the document at the lawyers.

The rural elderly often pay into an insurance plan to pay for their cremations, there will be something similar available to you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sirocco said:

Since, in your last wishes, you ask not to joke about your message, I will therefore respect them.

Why not donate your body to a hospital.

so despite my best efforts a Thai woman might cut my penis off after all? 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Look up DNR bracelet. (Do Not Resuscitate.) idtagsonline.com

Sometimes they are called 'No Code Red'.

Probably go for one that will hold a small piece of paper (like a key tag) or get one engraved with some info on it.

I have one and I also have a donor card.

I would not leave money in the wallet - it will never get to the hospital. To give you a clue, when my wife died, the hospital suggested that I take off her wedding ring as someone would steal it. She never took it off when she was alive, I was not going to take it off when she was dead.

No man is an island?  there is got to be someone?  join an expat club or something and get some help? if would be better than leaving money in your wallet with instructions. I heard Cremation even for a local can run 40-50,000 baht are you carrying that in your wallet if so you are taking a big chance so big if you think about it you shouldn't worry one bit what is going to happen to you if you drop dead right now!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Neither the notes in your wallet nor a "DNR bracelet" will have any effect here.

You need to execute an Advance Directive ( "living will" ) in accordance with Thai law and make sure it is on file at any hospital you are treated. Since you can end up taken to a place unexpectedly and unconscious, you need to have someone reliable hold a copy of it and be prepared to advocate on your behalf if necessary.

If you have a hospital you usually go to, ask for their form for advanced directive and complete it (most hospitals have forms for this purpose). Likewise if hospitalized for any reason.

There really isn't a way to ensure what will happen to your body after death other than to convey your wishes to someone reliable.

If you really have absolutely no friends, try your acquaintances - maybe you can make a reciprocal arrangement with someone in the same situation.

Attached here is a Living Will from Bangkok Hospital in both English and Thai format. I'm sure it would be accepted at most any hospital. If you have a preferred hospital, take it there and have it put in your file for future use. 

living will form Eng and Thai.pdf

• Like 1

20 hours ago, AndyAndyAndy said:

So a bloodline ends with you? Millions of years of evolution for nothing, wasted... . Dead end. ????

Sounds like those many years of evolution weren't very successful in culminating in your comment, does it? Whatever happened to your natural selection?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, poloshirt said:

The embassy will think I am mad because nobody does that. May be they will say to me, "Go easy on that Chang Beer, ok?"

i JUST CAN'T IMAGINE........ having no living relatives at home who still love you enough and want to know about and help out when you die....... Personally I work hard at maintaing a 'LOVE' with my friends, family, children, and a couple of ex's......

YOU must have 'burned all the bridges behind you' and can't go back..... I know a number of farangs in Thailand who 'DON'T HAVE ANYBODY'............. Frikkin SAD...........  indicatative of a 'selfish' past.....

3 minutes ago, kensawadee said:

i JUST CAN'T IMAGINE........ having no living relatives at home who still love you enough and want to know about and help out when you die....... Personally I work hard at maintaing a 'LOVE' with my friends, family, children, and a couple of ex's......

YOU must have 'burned all the bridges behind you' and can't go back..... I know a number of farangs in Thailand who 'DON'T HAVE ANYBODY'............. Frikkin SAD...........  indicatative of a 'selfish' past.....

Not necessarily selfish. Maybe just poor social skills.

In any case, ss he is still alive, he can still build new bridges.  And that should be his priority.