Non O visa extension

Hello. I entered Thailand with a Non Imm O visa based on being a parent of a Thai child. I’m not married to my partner. I understand that I can apply for a 60 day extension at the end of the 90 days. Can I later then apply for a one year extension at the end of the 60 day extension? Is it possible to apply for two extensions? Need some advice, as I’ve never done this before. 

I know what is needed for the 60 day extension. This will be my first time doing the one year extension. Can I know what are the requirements and documents needed for the one year extension? Thank you. 

You can apply for the 60 day extension and then near the end of it you can apply for a one year extension based upon being the parent of a Thai.

To apply for the one year extension you must be the legal parent of your child by way of marriage or legalization of your parenthood.

You will also need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only on the day you apply.

• Like 1

i dont know where you are living but you cannot apply for anything in khon kaen or nonthaburi if your visa is expired.

i tried both immigration. they told me they cannot and wont do anything because my visa is expired. im talking about expired visas 60 days extension. Not talking about 1 year extension. Khon kaen IO is ok with 1 year extension even though its expired but Nonthaburi IO still says no.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You will also need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only on the day you apply.

Thanks for your reply. Just to clarify, the 400k baht doesn’t need to be in my account for two months or more? I could just deposit 400k into my account the day before I submit my application?

So I would just need a copy of my bank book showing the 400k balance? What other documents do I need? Birth certificate copy. Copy of passport and visa. TM30. Copy of blue house book. Any other documents I left out?

My child will be 7 in two months time. I’ll legalise my parenthood then. Does my partner and child need to be together with me during application? 

39 minutes ago, TJ66 said:

So I would just need a copy of my bank book showing the 400k balance? What other documents do I need? Birth certificate copy. Copy of passport and visa. TM30. Copy of blue house book. Any other documents I left out?

You only need your bank book showing the 400k baht in the bank on the day you apply.

Proof of residence such a rental agreement.

Photos of you and your child in and around the house together. One must show the house book with both of you in it.

Some offices may want more document such a letter from their school and etc. Best to check with the office where you will be applying for ti to confirm what they want.

39 minutes ago, TJ66 said:

My child will be 7 in two months time. I’ll legalise my parenthood then. Does my partner and child need to be together with me during application? 

If they are almost 7 they might do it now. 

They need to be with you when the application is done.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, problemfarang said:

i dont know where you are living but you cannot apply for anything in khon kaen or nonthaburi if your visa is expired.

i tried both immigration. they told me they cannot and wont do anything because my visa is expired. im talking about expired visas 60 days extension. Not talking about 1 year extension. Khon kaen IO is ok with 1 year extension even though its expired but Nonthaburi IO still says no.

Khon Kaen also said to me that the 400k must be in your bank account for two months before applying.

7 minutes ago, JustinCredible said:

Khon Kaen also said to me that the 400k must be in your bank account for two months before applying.

That is the requirement for extensions based upon marriage. For one based upon being the parent of a Thai it is not required.

• Like 2

On 8/8/2020 at 9:34 AM, ubonjoe said:

That is the requirement for extensions based upon marriage. For one based upon being the parent of a Thai it is not required.

What if one has a Thai wife and a Thai child. Can you apply based on the Thai child and therefor skip the 60 days money in the bank rule?

10 hours ago, AndyPa said:

What if one has a Thai wife and a Thai child. Can you apply based on the Thai child and therefor skip the 60 days money in the bank rule?

Some offices will let you apply for an extension based upon being the parent of a Thai if you are married to your child's mother and only need the money in the bank on the day you apply instead of 2 months. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi ubonjoe. I’ve applied for the one year extension from Chiang Mai immigration  and received an under consideration stamp, which needs me to go back to the office on 18 Nov.

I’m planning to go for a vacation for the entire week as it’s my daughter’s school holidays. Can I go to the immigration office on Monday, 23 Nov instead? Has anyone tried going later than the under consideration date without any problem? Thanks. 

20 minutes ago, TJ66 said:

Can I go to the immigration office on Monday, 23 Nov instead? Has anyone tried going later than the under consideration date without any problem? Thanks. 

That would not be a problem at most offices.

My daughter went for me 4 days late this year and it was not a problem. My wife called them on the report back date to check if it was approved and told her could go in later than the Friday it was due.