Docs required to change address on Thai driving license

Mover1

Hi, I've tried doing a search but couldnt find the answer:

What documents do i need to change the address on my Thai driving licenses?

I've got a certificate of residence for each (Car and motorbike), but what else do i need? I'm renting the house where i live by the way, not an owner.

Thanks in advance for any help or pointers

17 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

You can change it at the local area DLT office if you want most people wait until the DL Is renewed. 

I know that mate, but what other documents do i need to take there?

I need them changed now for ID reasons, cant wait 4 years.

1 minute ago, Mover1 said:

as far as I know, it's the usual passport photo copies, visa, extension, TM6, all the usual stuff,  plus a Certificate of Residency showing the new address and a copy of the new TM30.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

as far as I know, it's the usual passport photo copies, visa, extension, TM6, all the usual stuff,  plus a Certificate of Residency showing the new address and a copy of the new TM30.  

Thanks Pilotman

9 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Never needed a TM30 when I renewed with a new address. Of course, every office is different.

I posted this on another 'Certificate of Residency ' thread yesterday.

For your address change question, make sure the 'C of R' has the correct new address. The validity of the licence will stay the same, and there will be a change charge.  At this time because of covit shutdown, they are running 2-3 months behind for new licences, so even though you do not need to do the video/tests, you may still have to wait for them to process the new licence so be prepared for that.

PS: I went yesterday with my extension application, and my appointment is at the end of October.

I WILL POST THE LISTS OF DOCUMENTS NEEDED FOR ABOVE:

1) Certificate of Residence

-Passport

-2 pix

-Passport copies of Face page, Visa/Extension page, last entry stamp

-Address proof (I used Yellow Housebook)

-Complete the application form (obtained from front desk)

-300 baht, and wait approx 45 minutes

2) Drivers Licence application for extension or new licence

-Passport

-Signed copies of Face page, Visa/extension page,

last entry stamp, TM6 entry

-Residence Certificate from Immigration

-Copy of current licence (both sides)

-A few papers to sign and write telephone nbr

Hope this helps you.

18 hours ago, Mover1 said:

Hope you are on extension with current stamp, otherwise, like me, you may not get through the door.

I have my Thai Driving License sitting in front of me as I type this.  It has my full name in capitol letters, the issue date, the expire date, my birth date, and my ID No. which is my passport number.  It DOES NOT have my address.  I have lived here for more than thirty years and had numerous Driving Licenses.  None of them have ever had my address.  My wife's license does not have our address either.  The only indication of where we live is the name of the province where our licenses were issued.  My wife's license has her Thai ID number instead of her passport number.  I asked my neighbor, a Thai, to look at his license and it does not have his address either.

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, Mover1 said:

Thanks Pilotman

Without sounding strange I believe they will say never mind.. They tell you to change it next time you renew your licenses.. They wont bother with making new ones. I understand you could need it yourself, but most likely you can show proof of residency by other means... to whatever you need it for.. By a copy of lease or maybe your TM30 if you have one.. 

I hope I am not duplicating information, but when changing an address on your Thai driving licence, in the very first instance go to your local Vehicle Center and get a letter from them requesting Immigration to provide a Certificate of Residence. You must provide documentary evidence to Immigration of your residence. The local Vehicle Center will not process any documentation until they possess the Certificate of Residence from Immigration. This also applies when selling your car as I experienced earlier this year - 2 round trips to my local immigration office (340 kms)!!

3 hours ago, CM Dad said:

I have my Thai Driving License sitting in front of me as I type this.  It has my full name in capitol letters, the issue date, the expire date, my birth date, and my ID No. which is my passport number.  It DOES NOT have my address.  I have lived here for more than thirty years and had numerous Driving Licenses.  None of them have ever had my address.  My wife's license does not have our address either.  The only indication of where we live is the name of the province where our licenses were issued.  My wife's license has her Thai ID number instead of her passport number.  I asked my neighbor, a Thai, to look at his license and it does not have his address either.

Try turning it arround, it has two sides, the address is on the back.

3 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

I hope I am not duplicating information, but when changing an address on your Thai driving licence, in the very first instance go to your local Vehicle Center and get a letter from them requesting Immigration to provide a Certificate of Residence. You must provide documentary evidence to Immigration of your residence. The local Vehicle Center will not process any documentation until they possess the Certificate of Residence from Immigration. This also applies when selling your car as I experienced earlier this year - 2 round trips to my local immigration office (340 kms)!!

This is only required in some provinces. In most provinces people don't need such a request letter, and also no certificate of residence when selling a vehicle.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

Try turning it arround, it has two sides, the address is on the back.

This is only required in some provinces. In most provinces people don't need such a request letter, and also no certificate of residence when selling a vehicle.

I was not aware of this so thank you. I lived in Khon Kaen Province where my local Vehicle Center in Chum Phae insisted on the letter from Immigration before processing paperwork and that was just about 6 months ago when I sold my car before leaving Thailand.

On 8/8/2020 at 1:34 AM, couchpotato said:

I posted this on another 'Certificate of Residency ' thread yesterday.

For your address change question, make sure the 'C of R' has the correct new address. The validity of the licence will stay the same, and there will be a change charge.  At this time because of covit shutdown, they are running 2-3 months behind for new licences, so even though you do not need to do the video/tests, you may still have to wait for them to process the new licence so be prepared for that.

PS: I went yesterday with my extension application, and my appointment is at the end of October.

I WILL POST THE LISTS OF DOCUMENTS NEEDED FOR ABOVE:

1) Certificate of Residence

-Passport

-2 pix

-Passport copies of Face page, Visa/Extension page, last entry stamp

-Address proof (I used Yellow Housebook)

-Complete the application form (obtained from front desk)

-300 baht, and wait approx 45 minutes

2) Drivers Licence application for extension or new licence

-Passport

-Signed copies of Face page, Visa/extension page,

last entry stamp, TM6 entry

-Residence Certificate from Immigration

-Copy of current licence (both sides)

-A few papers to sign and write telephone nbr

Hope this helps you.

On point 2 - i was told a Fit to drive Certificate from doctor is required- is that correct?

thanks