Retirement extension - latest from Phang Nga

9 minutes ago, auntyedna said:

Royal Thai Police Order 35/2562 section 2.22 item 6 refers only to O-A visas with regard to health insurance

The Royal Thai Police Order 35/2562 you referred to, dates from January 2019.

In an attachment to that order issued October 31, 2019 < see attached file > the mandatory thai IO-approved health-insurance requirement was introduced for 1-year extensions of stay based on a Non Imm O-A Visa for reason of retirement.

See Reason of Necessity (left side of page) - 2.22 In case of Retirement

It it is NOT applicable for 1-year extensions of stay for reason of Marriage (or any other reason), as the section pertaining to Marriage is section 2.18.

70389546_548-2562.changed327-2557(2019)Eng [english text only] [searchable].pdf

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

The Royal Thai Police Order 35/2562 you referred to, dates from January 2019.

In an attachment to that order issued October 31, 2019 < see attached file > the mandatory thai IO-approved health-insurance requirement was introduced for 1-year extensions of stay based on a Non Imm O-A Visa for reason of retirement.

100.74 kB · 0 downloads

Thank you.  The revised order you usefully provide still refers exclusively to Type O-A visas.  I am on retirement extensions of a plain vanilla Type O visa, so I hope I am exempt.

7 minutes ago, auntyedna said:

Thank you.  The revised order you usefully provide still refers exclusively to Type O-A visas.  I am on retirement extensions of a plain vanilla Type O visa, so I hope I am exempt.

The thai IO-approved health-insurance requirement is ONLY applicable for holders of an original Non Imm O-A Visa (even if dating from yesteryear) when applying for a 1-year extension of stay based on that original Non Imm O-A Visa AND only when doing so for reason of RETIREMENT.

> To answer your question > As a holder of a Non Imm O Visa that requirement is thus NOT applicable for you.

• Thanks 1