Living Here Gets Better for Some and Worse for Others - Why

Pilotman

18 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Big C and Foodland- living the dream ????

Big C Extra is the main reason i stay here...lol. Seriously, life gets better / worse for some here....yes because that is the nature of life...even back in our countries of birth it's the same. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

You should have moved to Thermae. That is where all the girls went after their short times.

I never liked Thermae. Too predatory. I never got why it was so popular, except no bar fines. It was a <deleted> hole of a bar.

I did hear that it used to be better before it moved.

20 hours ago, Pilotman said:

We all know a few Members on TVF that feel the same as my fiend and struggle with negative feelings. 

I never let the members of TVF affect me. I've accepted that there are haters and people who are going to potshot at others (I do it too, sadly). I've met one global moderator in person and he's a real gem.

I try to use TFV mostly for news and the 'real' intent of a forum, i.e. helping other foreigners with their questions and experiences.  Unfortunately, I read too many posters vile (many times untruthful) comments about people or events.  Normally, I move on. (Truth or the whole story is lacking here).

You cannot open the eyes of your friend or help him become happy. Happiness and satisfaction are something that each person must come to terms with on their own. My wife once told me, "I'm not happy". I told what my Mother use to say, "you can get happy in the same pants that you got unhappy in".  I have unhappy times even today, but I then count my blessings.   I accept others are blessed more, others are blessed less.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

I try to use TFV mostly for news and the 'real' intent of a forum, i.e. helping other foreigners with their questions and experiences.  Unfortunately, I read too many posters vile (many times untruthful) comments about people or events.  Normally, I move on. (Truth or the whole story is lacking here).

The help subforums are good for helping ie visas DIY travel etc.

Unfortunately, I read too many posters vile (many times untruthful) comments about people or events. 

The other subforums have, IMO, too many bored unhappy old men looking to snipe. Such is retirement without hobbies.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Not that sort of lottery- the lottery of life.

Ha! Happy ... but if you have any winning numbers for the financial lottery ... OK, you are correct, it would be icing on the cake!

7 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

You should have moved to Thermae. That is where all the girls went after their short times.

Poor girls...you should have tried harder with them instead of being trigger happy....calm down and take your time....:cheesy:

30 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

I didn’t know that you knew my sister and brother who both fit your description.

It has nothing to do with the past family life or our parents as both myself and older sister are both very happy people.

I suspect that part of the problem is that the two miseries don’t drink alcohol !!

Alcohol is a suppressant, not an anti depressent.

31 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If they didn't the rich guys wouldn't want to bang them. One doesn't pay thousands of bucks to bang a loser.

As Mr. Kipling wrote ........

"You never can say till you've tried 'em,

An' then you are like to be wrong."

He then goes on to write ........

"But the things you will learn from the Yellow an' Brown,

They'll 'elp you a lot with the White!"

Who would have thought the writer of "Jungle Book" was one of us?

Edited by BritManToo

17 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Big C Extra is the main reason i stay here...lol. Seriously, life gets better / worse for some here....yes because that is the nature of life...even back in our countries of birth it's the same. 

Can't beat queuing up at a 20 lane till service with only 4 actually open while most of the staff are hiding playing on the phone. In front of you will be people with cart loads full of cooking oil as it's 2 baht off with kids dressed in frozen dresses and spider man outfits. Tills maned by schoolgirls and students who are paid a pittance, but are actually better than the full time employees. Every other customer presents a problem and the red light has to be activated for the supervisor to eventually show up.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

Money.

Those who are most unhappy do not have money. Money makes life in Thailand so much easier.  Yes, one can be happy without it, but almost always, the people who are unhappy or who are in rough shape are poor. It makes a big difference in one's quality of life if one need not worry about income or how bills are to be paid.

I have been here in Chiang Mai 10 years, yes I have complaints but most are very minor and I do not dewell on them. If I was back in the states I would have compaints as well. When I decided to live here I knew the rules I could not buy and own land, Immigration rules and a few others I cannot think of now. Me and the wife how ups and downs but not anywere neer the ups and downs I had with my 1rst and 2nd exwifes back in the states. Life is what you make of it, if you bring your troubles to Thailand they will eventually show up.

53 minutes ago, petermik said:

So you checked her feet for muck beforehand.....:thumbsup:

No you look for the tell tale dum dum colour still there even after they take Their footwear off.or the distinctive pale gumboot impressions on the lower legs after they are removed .

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Like almost all the time since humans exist.

Only some crazy feminists started to question that principle in the last decades in some parts of this world.

Luckily not so much in Thailand. ???? 

Yes thankfully political correctness hasn’t reared it’s ugly head much in Thailand so far Not having a greens political party helps.

5 minutes ago, Silent Number said:

Yes thankfully political correctness hasn’t reared it’s ugly head much in Thailand so far Not having a greens political party helps.

I think most thai women know the can influence men a lot better the old fashioned way instead of trying the crazy feminist path.

triggered-feminist-216108.jpg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Talking to a friend today, as each year goes by he gets more down,

Some people  can make a Home easy anywhere in the World .Some people can't no matter how hard they try where they go/are.

It's up to each individual what they want/expect out of Life.

I'm one of those unhappy here. I feel trapped because I have an expensive house that I cannot sell. That leaves me depressed because I am ready to move on, and in my case that means back to the UK. Why?

Well as I get older here I have more health needs. Although I am quite fit and healthy, I cannot get health insurance at a price that I can afford. Secondly after a couple of false starts I met my wife 9 years ago. As time moves on it turns out that she lies and scams but presents herself as a little miss wonderful who never does anything wrong. She's currently travelling again - Covid doesn't stop anything for her - and she is in Germany staying with her friend (female) whom I know is a sexual partner though she denies it. At the same time she scams money from men - particularly one in Alesund Norway and he pays for her flights and other support. But off course I have loved her very much and at one time we had a great time together. So I'm stuck in a beautiful large house that I can't sell, in a country where I have friends but no family and unable to visit my kids and grandkids in UK because of lockdown. I have hobbies - centred around cycling - which uses my energy and half my day. I don't do bars or suchlike so that leaves me wondering and wandering for the rest of the day. Yes. Unhappy here but at least in the UK its familiar and I can get more involved in things which I can't here.

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ianf said:

I'm one of those unhappy here. I feel trapped because I have an expensive house that I cannot sell. That leaves me depressed because I am ready to move on, and in my case that means back to the UK. Why?

Well as I get older here I have more health needs. Although I am quite fit and healthy, I cannot get health insurance at a price that I can afford. Secondly after a couple of false starts I met my wife 9 years ago. As time moves on it turns out that she lies and scams but presents herself as a little miss wonderful who never does anything wrong. She's currently travelling again - Covid doesn't stop anything for her - and she is in Germany staying with her friend (female) whom I know is a sexual partner though she denies it. At the same time she scams money from men - particularly one in Alesund Norway and he pays for her flights and other support. But off course I have loved her very much and at one time we had a great time together. So I'm stuck in a beautiful large house that I can't sell, in a country where I have friends but no family and unable to visit my kids and grandkids in UK because of lockdown. I have hobbies - centred around cycling - which uses my energy and half my day. I don't do bars or suchlike so that leaves me wondering and wandering for the rest of the day. Yes. Unhappy here but at least in the UK its familiar and I can get more involved in things which I can't here.

Maybe invite some of those bar girls to your home and party - just to <deleted> off your wife. ???? 

18 minutes ago, ianf said:

because I have an expensive house that I cannot sell.

As time moves on it turns out that she lies and scams but presents herself as a little miss wonderful ...

and she is in Germany staying with her friend (female) whom I know is a sexual partner

Nobody to blame but yourself.

Everyone has posted for years, don't buy what you can't afford to walk away from.

But you knew better!

Again, we told you many times,

Thai women love to have sex with many different partners, you can't stop 'em, so you might as well join 'em.

Hardly any of them are different.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

So where is it so much better than Thailand?

Very relative, it is primordially a personal approach.

For me, the French Riviera, but with a least the double of my actual income.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ianf said:

Man go find a Thai farm girl get away from the bars and go find a genuine lady contrary to what many post on here ,they are out there looking for a better life.And most are appreciative of a chance to improve their lot.Bar girls are there to take your money,simple as that and most times that’s just what transpires money gone, lady gone . You are left disillusioned and bitter for the experience check under the hood kick the tyres before you make the down payment.