Living Here Gets Better for Some and Worse for Others - Why

Pilotman

2 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

As you are from Scotland, you have that advantage over us English 

Spending a couple of years living in England is part of the reason its on the list of worse places I've been.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ianf said:

I'm one of those unhappy here. I feel trapped because I have an expensive house that I cannot sell. That leaves me depressed because I am ready to move on, and in my case that means back to the UK. Why?

Well as I get older here I have more health needs. Although I am quite fit and healthy, I cannot get health insurance at a price that I can afford. Secondly after a couple of false starts I met my wife 9 years ago. As time moves on it turns out that she lies and scams but presents herself as a little miss wonderful who never does anything wrong. She's currently travelling again - Covid doesn't stop anything for her - and she is in Germany staying with her friend (female) whom I know is a sexual partner though she denies it. At the same time she scams money from men - particularly one in Alesund Norway and he pays for her flights and other support. But off course I have loved her very much and at one time we had a great time together. So I'm stuck in a beautiful large house that I can't sell, in a country where I have friends but no family and unable to visit my kids and grandkids in UK because of lockdown. I have hobbies - centred around cycling - which uses my energy and half my day. I don't do bars or suchlike so that leaves me wondering and wandering for the rest of the day. Yes. Unhappy here but at least in the UK its familiar and I can get more involved in things which I can't here.

well the first step is to ditch her. You will feel tons better immediately.  Then look around you at what you have got that is permanent and solid.  A nice house, in a tropical country, sunshine, nice people (generally) nice food and lots of other stunning females that would fall over themselves to have a kind caring man to look after them. I know for a fact that there is nothing in the UK to compare with those advantages. The present difficulties with lock down and travel to see your kids will pass, eventually. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Then look around you at what you have got that is permanent and solid.  A nice house,

stunning females that would fall over themselves to have a kind caring man to look after them.

Probably HER nice house.

Pretty much no woman wants a nice or caring man. They like scumbags.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's only heaven for those with 10,000 baht to throw away. Being in there and only looking would be hell, IMO.

I get agogo quality young ladies for 1000-1200 baht several times a week now. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Silent Number said:

Mine doesn’t. She doesn’t even love to have it with me.But I am very ugly that’s my real profile pic up there.

As far as you know!

I always thought my Brit wife didn't like sex, truth was she liked it just fine, just with the gardener and not me.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ianf said:

I'm one of those unhappy here. I feel trapped because I have an expensive house that I cannot sell. That leaves me depressed because I am ready to move on, and in my case that means back to the UK. Why?

Well as I get older here I have more health needs. Although I am quite fit and healthy, I cannot get health insurance at a price that I can afford. Secondly after a couple of false starts I met my wife 9 years ago. As time moves on it turns out that she lies and scams but presents herself as a little miss wonderful who never does anything wrong. She's currently travelling again - Covid doesn't stop anything for her - and she is in Germany staying with her friend (female) whom I know is a sexual partner though she denies it. At the same time she scams money from men - particularly one in Alesund Norway and he pays for her flights and other support. But off course I have loved her very much and at one time we had a great time together. So I'm stuck in a beautiful large house that I can't sell, in a country where I have friends but no family and unable to visit my kids and grandkids in UK because of lockdown. I have hobbies - centred around cycling - which uses my energy and half my day. I don't do bars or suchlike so that leaves me wondering and wandering for the rest of the day. Yes. Unhappy here but at least in the UK its familiar and I can get more involved in things which I can't here.

Get rid of her , if you are aware of her lies and scams. they will probably be some lies and scams that you are unaware of .

Why not go somewhere else in Thailand for a holiday/break/change of scenery ?

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

As far as you know!

I always thought my Brit wife didn't like sex, truth was she liked it just fine, just with the gardener and not me.

Fair enough, you dont like sex with your Thai Wife, so you use prostitutes , same same , cannot criticize her  for doing something that you are doing as well

50 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Probably HER nice house.

Pretty much no woman wants a nice or caring man. They like scumbags.

I agree with you, but only when they are young. When they get older, and one hopes wiser,  and they have been royally screwed ( in ever way) by the worst males that life can thrown their way, they start to see that a loving caring man is a way better bet for a long term relationship. This is true for all females, world wide.  

Edited by Pilotman
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

I agree with you, but only when they are young. When they get older, and one hopes wiser,  and they have been royally screwed ( in ever way) by the worst males that life can thrown their way, they start to see that a loving caring man is a way better bet for a long term relationship. This is true for all females, world wide.  

I would say the opposite.

As they get older and find their totally unrealistic dreams are pooh, they blame everything on the nearest adult male and become unbearable to live with ..... and no sex either.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I would say the opposite.

As they get older and find their totally unrealistic dreams are pooh, they blame everything on the nearest adult male and become unbearable to live with ..... and no sex either.

well I guess that we all have our own personal experiences, that colour our view of the female of the species. Fortunately for me, most of my experiences with females have been positive; not all of course, but most. 

Edited by Pilotman
  • Sad 1

Some people would be miserable wherever they are.

Some people come to Thailand on holiday and expect it to be like that while living here.

Some people turn to drink, and this leads to gloomy thoughts. (Connected with point 2).

Some...keep themselves pleasantly occupied, and enjoy their days.

Some have found a woman they are happy to be with.

Others find a woman on an hourly/daily basis they are happy to be with...

Being happy where you live is a matter of finding cheerful ways to fill the day.

If you don't, miserableness will set in.

Hang around in bars too much, and this misery will certainly find company....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pilotman said:
2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And then they screw that loving caring man...

oh, bitter or what? What happened to you then? 

It didn't happen to me. I am not a fan of old women - mostly because many of them have a lot of baggage.

It seems many guys think that the older women, maybe after a long career in the nightlife, want to settle down and live a quiet life. I am sure some of them exist. But I think it's a bad idea to think that many think so.

Many older women have just more experience and more patience how to extract lots of money from guys.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Thujone said:

Hang around in bars too much, and this misery will certainly find company....

Or hang around in bars and have a lot of fun - and even find farang friends.

I know lots of guys through afternoon beers in Soi Cowboy. Some are my friends, some are business clients, and obviously some I avoid.

But in general I don't think there is a rule that most guys in bars are bad company.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Or hang around in bars and have a lot of fun - and even find farang friends.

I know lots of guys through afternoon beers in Soi Cowboy. Some are my friends, some are business clients, and obviously some I avoid.

But in general I don't think there is a rule that most guys in bars are bad company.

Hand on heart, I can honestly say that I have not yet met one person in a Thai bar that I could stand being around for more than one drink, sometimes not even that long a time. They probably felt the same about me, but I can live with that disappointment. I don't  go to bars anymore, thank goodness.     

Edited by Pilotman
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It didn't happen to me. I am not a fan of old women - mostly because many of them have a lot of baggage.

It seems many guys think that the older women, maybe after a long career in the nightlife, want to settle down and live a quiet life. I am sure some of them exist. But I think it's a bad idea to think that many think so.

Many older women have just more experience and more patience how to extract lots of money from guys.

Mine was 17 years younger than me when we got married  we been married so long I’m not sure how much younger she is now.

• Haha 2

On 8/7/2020 at 6:21 PM, CorpusChristie said:

He was talking about real proper long term  relationships , NOT two hour relationships in short time hotels ????

They both can be satisfying. In different ways. But, when I was single for a very long time, I forgot how satisfying it was to be with a great woman and how fulfilling the relationship can be. The one night stands get old. Fun, but not fulfilling for me. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

They both can be satisfying. In different ways. But, when I was single for a very long time, I forgot how satisfying it was to be with a great woman and how fulfilling the relationship can be. The one night stands get old. Fun, but not fulfilling for me. 

I've never been single.

One slightly mad one in my house, and one completely insane younger on the side works for me.

It's one area the Thai guys have much better sorted than us.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I've never been single.

One slightly mad one in my house, and one completely insane younger on the side works for me.

It's one area the Thai guys have much better sorted than us.

True that. One on the side is considered an enormous scandal, in the heavily emasculated nations. 

• Like 2

@Pilotman

Those who are happy usually stick in their own circle of foreign friends, they don't really mix with Thai people.

Those who are unhappy usually mix a lot with Thai people and know that what foreigners usually say about Thai people being nice, polite, honest all these are NOT true at all. There are lots of rude, unreasonable Thai people around. They like to scam foreigners.

I guess it is the language barrier for the first group who stick with their circle of foreigners.

Edited by warcy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Thingamabob said:

First came to Thailand in 1962, loved it, worked here from 1983 to 1987, retired here in 1994. Still love it.

Are you able to speak intermediate Thai after so many years? Or just limited to ordering 'fried rice' and 'tom yam kung'?

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, The Theory said:

Ha    Ha     Ha     Ha 

Help is at hand .

Look for another forum ...

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, warcy said:

Are you able to speak intermediate Thai after so many years? Or just limited to ordering 'fried rice' and 'tom yam kung'?

Prawns , just love them ...

Edited by elliss