Bangkok Midnight Marathon 2020 bans foreigners

webfact

21 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

don't blame them a bit -  when you look at the irresponsible actions and predictable outcomes of dealing with the virus in other countries foreigners have Thais concerned and if other nations hadn't of acted so stupid there would probably be reduced fear..  

And that has precisely what relevance to banning Thai based expats ?

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, CapeTown said:

The Thai people are all the same and don't like foreigners. They have little experience of foreigners as real people, only customers.

Their education system leaves them deeply ignorant of the facts about the world they live in.

They are not able to think in a rational way, only deception and cunning and seeing foreigners as objects.

And the government, the institutions, the law and the entire history and culture of this people encourages a profound dislike of the foreigner.

And their country is a cheap Disneyland copy, compared with their neighbours.

They are a rubbish people.

The polished thoughts of a well-traveled individual.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

It’s an issue in that it reveals a bigoted,small minded ,racist mindset- notwithstanding the crass stupidity that allowed it to even be considered,nor the potential reputational damage to the image of a country so reliant on tourism. 

will there be a "safe space" at the marathon? 

Land of Smiles . Island of No Thinking.  Instead of a Foreign Ban how about this idea:

1) Foreigner must have been inside of Thailand for the last 90 or 180 Consecutive Days.

2) A negative COVID 19 test within 72 hours of the race at the runners expensive.

In the end race organizers could say “we offered foreign runners a chance to participate but they did not meet our conditions”.  I have run 5 marathons in my life(when my knees were younger) and this sends the wrong message to the world.  

The London Marathon has been downsized to a loop course and only the elite runners have been invited(of course this mean many are from Kenya).  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

I expect the original thinking was not to accept entries from foreigners living outside Thailand. As ever that thinking has become muddled up, and someone somewhere has thought that it applies to all non Thais. The decision won't be reversed, loss of face you see.

Whilst there is xenophobia present amongst some here, and it will certainly play its part in the "upper echelons" accepting these sorts of rulings, I don't think that this reflects deeply ingrained racism; more the inchoate nature of so much decision making here.

"I expect the original thinking was not to accept entries from foreigners living outside Thailand."

And exactly how were those foreigners living outside Thailand expected to get into the country to participate?

No, xenophobia it is, and all started off by Thailand's very own Anutin Charnvirakul who serves as Thailand's Deputy Prime Minister and the Minister of Public Health. I wonder how his comments are/were received by the boss of TAT?

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

And they wan't tourists to come back in their droves, yet continue with their xenophobic comments ?

unbelievable !

SCREW the Elite, what a terrible disgrace. I love Thailand and the people, but I am a ex profiler and body reader, so this is no surprise to me as I see it in the faces of thais everyday, good reactions and BAD. The good much outweigh the bad, which is why I persist in living here

Wake up you biggoted rich jackass's your money doesn't make you wonderful.

5 hours ago, TERMINATOR3AB said:

It is  very sad  and I  am married to a lovley  Thai lady

I have been to  6  Asian  countries   and Thailand by far is  the most Racist  to me as  an Auatralian

Strange  though   the  country  that  shows real  warmth  and no racism  was Thailands  neighbour   Cambodia

With  the Phillippiness  a  close  second

Why  is that?

Your right, ... I have travelled the world *** TWICE *** And by far Thailand is the most xeno country on the planet! .. I have suffered it for 15 years... no more ... even my well to do educated Thai wife has suffered due to marrying me, this country is a cesspool of hatred and loathing, up there own butt people with tiny brains... 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, fraggleRock said:

Your right, ... I have travelled the world *** TWICE *** And by far Thailand is the most xeno country on the planet! .. I have suffered it for 15 years... no more ... even my well to do educated Thai wife has suffered due to marrying me, this country is a cesspool of hatred and loathing, up there own butt people with tiny brains... 

Skiing in the Swiss Alps doesn't count as travelling the world

2 hours ago, CapeTown said:

The Thai people are all the same and don't like foreigners. They have little experience of foreigners as real people, only customers.

Their education system leaves them deeply ignorant of the facts about the world they live in.

They are not able to think in a rational way, only deception and cunning and seeing foreigners as objects.

And the government, the institutions, the law and the entire history and culture of this people encourages a profound dislike of the foreigner.

Oh come on now, don't be shy say what you really mean eh? Ha!

• Haha 1

Amazing, I am staggered by the interest in participation of the Bangkok Marathon by the fossils of Tvisa, leap forward guys the Ban is lifted. A misunderstanding

Be sure to drop us some photographs of your grand day out will make a good reading - enjoy

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 473geo said:

Amazing, I am staggered by the interest in participation of the Bangkok Marathon by the fossils of Tvisa, leap forward guys the Ban is lifted. A misunderstanding

Be sure to drop us some photographs of your grand day out will make a good reading - enjoy

If only victim-hood was a sport in Thailand then they would certainly excel 

stupid xenophobic mind thinking. Looks like we are 100 years ago.

A big shame for Thailand.

Obviously, everybody know that it is not the situation for the big majority of Thai population to think like that. We all hope freedom for Thailand as soon as possible, but we know how stupid authority can be violent and killer, history show this dark point already and not so long time ago.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jerolamo said:

stupid xenophobic mind thinking. Looks like we are 100 years ago.

A big shame for Thailand.

Obviously, everybody know that it is not the situation for the big majority of Thai population to think like that. We all hope freedom for Thailand as soon as possible, but we know how stupid authority can be violent and killer, history show this dark point already and not so long time ago.

you should join the army, run out some of that anger 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, CapeTown said:

It looks like you never go out of Bangkok hot places and Pataya or Phuket special places. In these place, sure, there is a lot... not only, but a lot.

I'm living in Thailand for 8 years, and i'm married with Thai wife. i never stay Bangkok or Pataya or Phuket, just transit, see and go, i don't like crooks places.

But what i see from north of Thailand (not Chiang Mai, i never go there) in deep country is not racism. I'm friend with everybody and they make me participate when some elected officials of the town hall came on the village, i do bring them with my tuk-tuk to show any places around, i was on the picture with everybody, sit wife people at the same place than the population, no difference between me and them, and i was very happy they want me to be as honorable as they are. When i help someone with any job ar when people seek, same as every other people, families come to bring me some food for my wife and me, and very pleasant and respectful people on the village.

Even when one of a ex King wife or a sister of the Kind came, they invite me, but sure, like every body, there is a distance (because King family in Thailand is very special and no one can be to much close to them, this is there culture i do respect as a guest and respectful foreigner).

Now everybody are sad that i can not come back. They don't like this non-Buddhist government decisions. They can not express themselves to much, it is dangerous for them, you should look at facts in other place, because what you saw is 2% of Thailand population concentrate in a big crooks place due to a kind of mafia very local economy, and it is far to be the representative reality of 98% of Thailand life people there.

But i totally understand why you are thinking like this... when this dark story time will be finish (and it will be finish one day, it can not be like this so dirty so long) you should go to see Thailand deeper to look at an other one more representative real fact of Thailand population to be one of the best and respectful population all over the world in deep country, because, i think, of Buddhist mind thinking there. and i can tell you that i you do something good to save someone or help (without any money, by acts), they will show you how happy they are you are with them. And if you do something wrong, same than Thai people, you will go in jail (perfect, in my own country, to much bad people stay unpunished for stole or crimes... and good people who are full respectful are ignored, i prefer Thailand deep culture, and i can make the difference between a small nest of crooks and the large population who is pretty nice).

By the time, everywhere in Thailand, if your behavior is disrespectful (you know or not what disrespect is there), sure, good people will stay far from you and crooks will come because you will be no more protected and became a target.

I know that because i'm very protected by local authority and population from some little local well known crooks in the very near city of the village (and i'm friend with a lot of families, policemen, elected people, and there is no money story linked with our relationship).

They explained me that when any one foreigner respect there tradition and speak good as i do, i will have only honor and good friends, they also tell me i am not the same ne than some falang they see on that place you are talking about, they tell me they are very happy i'm here with them and they want i stay all my life as long as i will be so respectful. they also explain that: when someone take distance with respect, good people run away from you (as a good Buddhist do to not become implicated in this kind of disrespect). So the difficulty a foreigners can have, is to not understand what is disrespectful or not and how deep can be the impact around (because they will probably not see, not understand).

You can read a popular book from Thailand translate by M. R. Pia Malakul "reflects of Thailand No6, - Quality Person", who is a translation of what is teaching officially at little school by teachers and was write by a King family long times ago about the respect behavior in Thailand culture and it is something everybody should know about, before to start to understand things around or pretend to be interested by Thailand (and Thai population, as it is very close linked together, translate also there national anthem, you will understand it).

There is any little thinks foreigner can do without thinking he do something wrong, but not adapted to Thailand relationship (easily). Also, everybody will smile, what ever you do, but as i told you, if you want to see the very best of Thailand, be respectful and don't stay on crooks places, don't drink to much, don't speak bad, but stay far from problems or silly people, smile, don't show your problems, do not say "no", but find an other one diplomatic way instead if you can not, and then, they will come to speak with you and you will be a good friend with all of theses one (the big majority of humble and honorable people there will then trust you and become close to you).

By the way, if you are linked with a good family at the very start (good doesn't mean rich at all), it should help, that is sure.