Bangkok Midnight Marathon 2020 bans foreigners

webfact

45 minutes ago, Heppinger said:

you should join the army, run out some of that anger 

you missed some point. I never said Thailand is racist, i said that some places regroup many racist thinking (due to some reasons, for sure). I have no problem with local authority and everybody, but i don't stay in hot places, i never go to bar, i not drink alcohol, i'm very linked with Thai local families there, only good friends, and i not do politic.

I was engage in paratrouper army in my own country, but i don't compare anything around, i don't feel myself aggressive or violent, around me, no one also think i am.

I respect everybody there and they respect me the same, but same than other Thai people, i'm not happy when xenophobia show his face, much more when they try to make us thinking all the Thailand is like this (because it is wrong).

Everybody in Thailand recognize what is xenophobic acts is and are sad with that too... And also, not everybody has a Facebook account (i don't too), they prefer to use Line account instead (but only young people use that, old people don't... so a lot of people don't care these virtual stories trash places who seems to propagate something bad). I don't trust propaganda around all of this, but the authority seems to change a bit nowadays, it will not be there on this point for long.

So i think you miss understand me, sure because i didn't explain good, my fault, sorry for that, hope it is clear now. Is it ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Knowing the way they think they dont want any foreigners taking all the honors Thais no where in site, maybe they have some hidden agenda "Thai Only"

come on... who ?

you know that all of us in our countries have this kind of little group of seek people who want to dirty a country. Do you really think that this little group is representative of Thailand population ? You don't know Thailand then...

1 hour ago, fraggleRock said:

Your right, ... I have travelled the world *** TWICE *** And by far Thailand is the most xeno country on the planet! .. I have suffered it for 15 years... no more ... even my well to do educated Thai wife has suffered due to marrying me, this country is a cesspool of hatred and loathing, up there own butt people with tiny brains... 

sad to read this. I will not deny your own experience, but i'm very surprise as i don't have the same experience. I really want to know (and understand) where did you stay in Thailand ?

If you travel a lot, i'm sure you are a good person and not the one to be pedant, so i think racism exist every where, but maybe more on some places in each countries ? Can you tell us more about your experience and why do you thinking this way ? It should also help people there (Thai or other) to understand better and to not stay some places you were to not comfort them to be like this.

Please, share your experience, i think this is the best way to go up.

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I could imagine anybody marrying you would suffer

come on... we don't know him and his life. Maybe some places are better than other also ? Let him a chance to explain us his story, why do we start be deny his experience ? I love Thailand too... but i know some places are terrible also. Not only in Thailand, but every where around the world there is little places with bad smell... it can change also, but not by this way to trash people without understand there life and education.

i mean, maybe he was living in some special place in Thailand were tourism occupation and economy show the baddest foreigner ever all around the world (some people do a lot of money with them... you know that). Or maybe he feel like superior with any of them (they don't like, but who like this ?), or maybe he doesn't know the code of behavior there and don't understand something, or what ever... we actually don't know as long as he doesn't explain more.

Give us a chance to let us know better.

Edited by jerolamo

2 hours ago, joe jadore said:

There has been zero cov19 for months, black, white, brown, polka dotted, ZERO, I don't even know why we are all still waring masks???

no test, no virus... easy. to much easy to be a fact of no virus real presence.

On 8/7/2020 at 11:33 AM, Boomer6969 said:

Guess that most of us have Facebook accounts, so we all must share that Thailand is now deeply racist, and that any tourist who comes here is wasting his time and money.

Then why you don’t leave the country? Adapt or stop complaining...I guess girls are more difficult to find elsewhere right? ... pervert 

If Thai government would really care about foreigners and tourists, they would fine 100000 thb anybody having such policy for any even or at any business.

Then it would be big news that Thailand likes and cares about foreigners.

Yes ! i'm dreaming...

• Like 1

Just a point, but there is a difference between Xenophobia and Racism.

Racism is a hatred of people from different races, usually manifested by refusing to accept that they are somehow equivalent, as human beings, often (inevitably) regarding them as inferior intellectually, physically and culturally to the racial group to which you belong. Essentially a racist regards other races as inferior, somehow less human. 

Xenophobia is a dislike of (maybe hostility to) foreigners, perhaps based on envy of their education and wealth (and maybe in this case an ability to run faster and further than the physically smaller Thais). It is often manifested in some form of blanket dismissal of them as "dirty". "rude", "untrustworthy" or perhaps less cultured. Not the same thing. 

Their is an undertone of xenophobia amongst some ( mainly higher class) elements of Thai society. It is also present, in bucketloads, in much of the commentary on matters Thai in this forum!

• Like 2

On 8/7/2020 at 5:31 AM, from the home of CC said:

don't blame them a bit -  when you look at the irresponsible actions and predictable outcomes of dealing with the virus in other countries foreigners have Thais concerned and if other nations hadn't of acted so stupid there would probably be reduced fear..  

Really, name just one other marathon anywhere that ban's anyone. More Thai logic idiocy. 

9 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Do you have any idea? Foreigners wont be entering Thailand to compete, in case you have'nt noticed, most international flights are suspended, the foreigners who are being discriminated against are  already in the country!

And have been here for 4-5 months to 30 years or so. If any have Covid it was Contracted locally.This post has been made by someone with no medical knowledge only limited common sense.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Heppinger said:

Skiing in the Swiss Alps doesn't count as travelling the world

The swiss alps is for tourists, I learnt to ski as the commanding officer of my platoon, serving as a Royal Marine Commando Officer in Northern Scandanavia whilst carrying 90 pounds of kit on my back for weeks on end... have some respect you absolute maggot...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, fraggleRock said:

The swiss alps is for tourists, I learnt to ski as the commanding officer of my platoon, serving as a Royal Marine Commando Officer in Northern Scandanavia whilst carrying 90 pounds of kit on my back for weeks on end... have some respect you absolute maggot...

Yeah? was that just before you and Sergeant Schultz tricked Colonial Klink into allowing you free wifi at Stalag 13?

Thais don't want foreigners to run in the marathon? But the Thais want foreigners so badly to come back to Thailand and spend money, otherwise thousands and thousands of the same Thais have no more income, cannot fleece the foreigners anymore.

This doesn't add up.

Farang are only banned from entering the run.  They are not banned from attending the run and breathing all over everyone else.  Of course you could always just show up at the event and "bandit" the race, i.e. just run the race without registering.  One or two people, they might attempt to pull them off the course.  A couple hundred "bandits" and they won't be able to do anything.