2 in1 Android/Windows Tablet

baansgr

I bought this one in March this year …. satisfied with it  Windows 10 as O.S. 8Gb memory 256 SSD ,M3Y800 processor , have backlight keyboard , including pen , 2Usb , 1Usb-C, 1 Micro Hdmi ,micro memory card slot

for 505 USD. 

https://www.chuwi.com/product/items/Chuwi-Ubook-Pro-8100Y.html

2020-08-09_211732.png

Edited by david555

On 8/9/2020 at 9:19 PM, david555 said:

I bought this one in March this year …. satisfied with it  Windows 10 as O.S. 8Gb memory 256 SSD ,M3Y800 processor , have backlight keyboard , including pen , 2Usb , 1Usb-C, 1 Micro Hdmi ,micro memory card slot

for 505 USD. 

https://www.chuwi.com/product/items/Chuwi-Ubook-Pro-8100Y.html

2020-08-09_211732.png

Chinese brands like Chuwi, Jumper, Teclast and maybe a dozen others on GEARBEST alone offer great value in terms of specs and surprisingly good build quality.  The problem with all of them is getting service...actually nearly impossible with some of them as a unit must be sent to China to even get an evaluation and warranty is almost always denied.  The shipping cost both ways can exceed the cost of the laptop.  They take a lot of manufacturing shortcuts which means many components can not be swapped out making local repair sometimes impossible.  I've had both a Jumper EZ Book 3 Pro which has been excellent and trouble free aside from never being able to control the audio volume and a T-Bao which has been one problem after another and baffles even the most experienced technicians.  They are essentially "throw-aways"

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dddave said:

Chinese brands like Chuwi, Jumper, Teclast and maybe a dozen others on GEARBEST alone offer great value in terms of specs and surprisingly good build quality.  The problem with all of them is getting service...actually nearly impossible with some of them as a unit must be sent to China to even get an evaluation and warranty is almost always denied.  The shipping cost both ways can exceed the cost of the laptop.  They take a lot of manufacturing shortcuts which means many components can not be swapped out making local repair sometimes impossible.  I've had both a Jumper EZ Book 3 Pro which has been excellent and trouble free aside from never being able to control the audio volume and a T-Bao which has been one problem after another and baffles even the most experienced technicians.  They are essentially "throw-aways"

Sure you are right about them in past ...but they improve drastic ....ssd are very simple to replace or even an extra slot availble with just unscrew a small cover on backside ... this for teclast...and the new Chuwi areobook 15 inch.

About shipping costs was almost zero from aliexpress and no additional customs to pay in full blown c19 time ( March) .And above all a westerm keyboard in contradiction with all those Brands in Thailand only Thai ones...Mine have keyboard with backlight ( i would never any other one who does not have it )

Service problem ...can be ...service abailble but must ship to China

...does Amazon come to pick it from your condo ?????????????

I paid 505 Usd. And up to now no problem ....but yes trow away maybe as batterys from which ones ever start fafing after 3 years normal use ...as my big Asus has now ...permanent used now on loader ...laptop became home base one...????..

Which laptops are not made in China lately ...there must be some ...i guess?

On aliexpress many spare parts to find as batery replacement or scteen and more but only for thosr who can handle solding ..

The times that elecyronics lasted 10 years are bygone long time ad software and hardwate evolve to quick ..

Best example are our andtoid phones ....few updates and they can only phone as apps update to often .

You are right it became a throw away society  ????

Edited by david555

39 minutes ago, dddave said:

this.

I had a chinese laptop once, never again.

I bought an I-works 10 windows/android tablet about five years ago and have been very happy with it. I use it on android for everyday use, reading newspapers, sports pages, skype, etc, plus the apps I would also use on my mobile. Plus I've used it regularly on windows. A bit slower than my laptop but more than adequate. Great for streaming live and catch up video, both on android and windows.

The main problem I have now thought is that android only has version 5 installed so new apps are sometimes not compatible