Girl, 4, bitten by snake in Bangkok condo toilet

snoop1130

I have trouble believing these ass biting snake stories. 

The snake has got to make its way up there, which I do find believable if it is maybe 2nd story or below. 

But then the toilet sitter has got to see nothing in the toilet upon sitting, which seems would be rare. 

But then, the snake has to get aggressive and attack when it obviously has a way out (the way it came).

2 hours ago, Tarteso said:

Long time ago a friend of mine sucked the venom in my foot when I was bitten by a emperor Scorpion in Africa... Thanks that he was at my side at the moment.. I’m alive and kicking!

You can't suck out venom with your mouth. At the moment someone's stung or bitten, it enters their bloodstream. You might get a tiny fraction out, but you only run the risk of swallowing or absorbing it into your own bloodstream if you've got a wound in your mouth. On top of that, the human mouth is very dirty, and you run the risk of infecting the sting/bite.

Ask any doctor and they'll tell you that you should never, ever try to suck venom from a wound. It simply doesn't work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Myran said:

You can't suck out venom with your mouth. At the moment someone's stung or bitten, it enters their bloodstream. You might get a tiny fraction out, but you only run the risk of swallowing or absorbing it into your own bloodstream if you've got a wound in your mouth. On top of that, the human mouth is very dirty, and you run the risk of infecting the sting/bite.

Ask any doctor and they'll tell you that you should never, ever try to suck venom from a wound. It simply doesn't work.

That is logical.  But I assure you that in a place away from civilization, as was my case, it is the fastest and safest solution.  Without a doubt

16 hours ago, Myran said:

Finally someone "gets it"

19 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I do have children, and a first aid certificate that states trying to suck out venom from a bit is useless.

It actually  causes  more  problems  and  that's what make the story HILARIOUS.

2 hours ago, Myran said:

But that's the whole point: it's not a solution. It doesn't do anything aside from increasing the risk of infection. A fraction of a second after the sting, the venom is already in the bloodstream and can't be sucked out – it doesn't stay in the wound, it spreads in your body immediately.

You were stung by an emperor scorpion, your friend sucked on your wound, and you didn't die, so now you believe that your friend saved your life by sucking out the venom. This is not the case. Do you know why? Because emperor scorpions are not dangerous to humans; it's pretty much like getting stung by a bee. But just to reiterate: if it had been a dangerous scorpion and you had been injected with a lethal dose of venom, trying to suck out the venom from your wound would not have saved you.

These kinds of stories are just the kind that perpetuates the myth of venom-sucking. It's like this scene from The Simpsons.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, just inform people that trying to suck venom from a wound is a dangerous myth. If you get stung or bitten, don't mess around with the wound by sucking on it, even if you're away from civilization – it will only make things worse. No one has ever been saved by wound-sucking.

But don't take my word for it. Ask doctors with knowledge of treating bites and stings. They'll tell you the exact same thing.

This story happened more than 30 years ago.  (1987) When I was working for an NGO in the Sahrawi refugee camps in Tindurf, Algeria.  A camp nurse told us that this poison would have been deadly if my partner had not acted.  In those years, we did not have the precise information and it remained as an anecdote of my life.  Some years later, together with my friend, we discussed the experience, remaining with the false certainty that the venom of that scorpion was deadly.  In time, this adventure was forgotten.  The only certainty is that in the face of the immense pain at the time of the itch, my friend bit my small wound and sucked some blood, spitting it out later.  Perhaps it was the pain, adrenaline and panic that fueled this belief. Finally,  I was been reading about this Scorpion... information that we can find 30 years later in One simple touch: My  Apologize... ????

E96AF463-8443-4D55-9933-8ED8BD5F6297.jpeg

Edited by Tarteso
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, JulesMad said:

Her bum was bitten, so why is her hand bandaged?

Maybe they inserted a drip, her hand would have been an obvious entry point, the bandage is there so she doesn't pull out the needle.

1 hour ago, Tarteso said:

This story happened more than 30 years ago.  (1987) When I was working for an NGO in the Sahrawi refugee camps in Tindurf, Algeria.  A camp nurse told us that this poison would have been deadly if my partner had not acted.  In those years, we did not have the precise information and it remained as an anecdote of my life.  Some years later, together with my friend, we discussed the experience, remaining with the false certainty that the venom of that scorpion was deadly.  In time, this adventure was forgotten.  The only certainty is that in the face of the immense pain at the time of the itch, my friend bit my small wound and sucked some blood, spitting it out later.  Perhaps it was the pain, adrenaline and panic that fueled this belief. Finally,  I was been reading about this Scorpion... information that we can find 30 years later in One simple touch: My  Apologize... ????

E96AF463-8443-4D55-9933-8ED8BD5F6297.jpeg

So the poster  commenting it was hilarious is correct, it was and remains a  waste of time to do this.

On 8/7/2020 at 7:08 PM, 2 is 1 said:

Good have septic tank and close system! Not any snake can get in. But in our farm house frog's come always in shower room to stare my d...i...c..k!

I hate that, we laugh but could easily be a snake coming up there.

On 8/7/2020 at 5:17 PM, Stadtler said:

It's not HILARIOUS.  Surely, you do not have children.

Hilarious because every nature show and expert says not to suck the venom for risk of dying yourself. So yeah... hilariously stupid of them... no matter if you have children or not. Mom and dad would have joined in the heavens soon after the little girl...

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, bodga said:

It actually  causes  more  problems  and  that's what make the story HILARIOUS.

I had a friend who received a snake bite on his John Thomas. His girlfriend tried to suck the venom out but sadly he died. But with a big smile on his face.???????? 

• Haha 1