Not 'Thigh-land': Thais amused at Trump's slip

snoop1130

15 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

How will that work then? The US and Europe have been exploiting cheap Chinese labour for over 30 years,, all in the name of profit. Manufacturing has crumbled to dust in the west. The USA does not have the resource, equipment, expertise or even private money to manufacture anymore. China make everything and you probably bought something made there without even knowing,, even things like packaging is being shipped from China, you need to realistic, it is too late for that. There is only 1 outcome if USA persist in a trade war with China, China 1, USA 0...

More than enough other countries around to move production to, if that means a slight price hike then so be it. I mean life is bit by bit getting more expensive anyway! And to be honest, China is getting favors still based on it having been a third world country, which it isn’t anymore, so all the trade deals so far have favored China. I hate Trump, but in this particular case he’s right and it’s China that doesn’t want to play ball because they think they can do whatever they want and letting them become Number One in the world is a very dangerous game to play! Hence, embargo! 

Edited by pacovl46
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Slight miss pronunciation , quickly corrected , quite funny really , no doubt the Anti Trumpers will make a big issue out of it 

Sure---just a fluke....guess the video of his OWN words is fake news too.......got any hydroxy I can buy????

Not even gonna mention how quick they jump on Biden for the same thing, but GOP=Hypocrites as always

11 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

Possibly just a Freudian slip, where the mouth comes out with what the brain is really thinking of.

I had it once, ordering a ticket at the train station to Tooting, and the girl had a lovely pair of knockers and I asked for a ticket to Titting.

Told my mate about about it who told me he had had one that morning too. Meant to say to the wife at breakfast, "please can you pass the milk."

Actually came out with, "You miserable <deleted> shrew! You have ruined my entire life!" :cheesy:

Fawlty Titties, as Basil said on a very hot afternoon in Torquay.

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

More than enough other countries around to move production to, if that means a slight price hike then so be it. I mean life is bit by bit getting more expensive anyway! And to be honest, China is getting favors still based on it having been a third world country, which it isn’t anymore, so all the trade deals so far have favored China. I hate Trump, but in this particular case he’s right and it’s China that doesn’t want to play ball because they think they can do whatever they want and letting them become Number One in the world is a very dangerous game to play! Hence, embargo! 

Look, you have to be smarter then that. USA is a consumer society now, they don't make anything,,, china make it in the East and USA sell it in the west. Outside the USA countries are doing trade deals with China,,, huge investment in Mexico, SE Asia, Africa. India is smarter they will only allow China to sell product in India if they invest in a factory there and build it locally.. That is the way to go because the USA cant rebuild manufacturing anymore.

China is saturated, its growth is slowing so it is looking for future growth by investing in other countries. The USA should find the right deal,, minimise the imports and allow them tax breaks to invest in factories back in the USA.. Bringing jobs, money, training etc... Soon the USA will regain it's manufacturing base and understanding using China to get there.. That is the smart move. The UK is out of Europe now and I already know of investment of Chinese factories in Wales where jobs are desperately needed. 

So China is doing deals everywhere, they have the money, they have the expertise now. If the USA doesn't get smart it won't be China going back to the stone age.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Slight miss pronunciation , quickly corrected , quite funny really , no doubt the Anti Trumpers will make a big issue out of it 

But not out of their own miss  pronouncements like water is pronounced wara  or warda!.

This,That,These,Those all pronounced with the phonetic sound of D when used in a word.

Dhis, dhat dhese dhose.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, YetAnother said:

multiple sides to this: yes he is an idiot, yes he used a mildly sexual descriptor , which is what most of the west thinks of thailand

I don't think Thais warrant picking up on a miss pronouncements as in general all their words beginning with an R or have a R in the word are pronounced with the sound of L when used in a word. The letter V is pronounced  with the phonetic sound of W when used in a word. Thai teacher's can't even  pronounce the phonetic sound of the alphabet letters when used in a word.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Other than Trump's awful pronunciation, there are 2 things that worry me in his statement:

- he likes the leaders very much - he said the same about Xi

- he talks about Thailand and Vietnam abusing US - tariffs on the way?

He is an idiot, the USA is not what it once was, yes it's a huge economy but it doesn't have the leverage that China does. Products made in Thailand are all either Chinese or using Chinese parts. Same in Vietnam, so directly, indirectly it's all the same to China.. Simple fact,, the Chinese are smarter then Trump and when all is said and done that have him by his orange coin purse (i assume its orange as well).

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Percy P said:

Perhaps it's teenage boys looking like teenage girls. 

Could be, not uncommon in Thailand. Some people on this forum don't seem to mind when it comes to "no pants action"...????

11 hours ago, tlandtday said:

Regardless of what you you think of Trump this is not a news article and the writer is surely not a real journalist.  This is junk journalism at its finest.  An opinion piece and not a very well written one at that.  The author better stick to writing accolades about Xi and his merry gang lol.

Pretty much all thinking human beings realize that Trump is an idiot. Any article that provides evidence of that is newsworthy and necessary until all the other idiots that voted for him realize their mistake.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1