Not 'Thigh-land': Thais amused at Trump's slip

12 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Slight miss pronunciation , quickly corrected , quite funny really , no doubt the Anti Trumpers will make a big issue out of it 

Closely followed by "Thailand and Vietnam two countries whose leaders I really like."  I want to know if he could name I either of them, (the leaders.)

• Like 1
  • Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Slight miss pronunciation , quickly corrected , quite funny really , no doubt the Anti Trumpers will make a big issue out of it 

I dunno!  He's not far off with his comment. 🙂

Not nice to poke fun at idiots!

Posted Images

I really don't like Trump and I think he is an idiot!

But if there is one nation on the face of this planet, that should not be laughing at other peoples pronounciations, it is Thigh- Land!

Appens, anyone?

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Niteowl45 said:

No dude, anti-trumpers, including myself, don't care about a minor mispronunciation (although funny)

we care about the fact that he's an incompetent crook who surrounded himself with incompetent crooks, a racist, a traitor, a fascist wannabe tyrant with no respect for the constitution, a hypocrite who constantly blamed Obama but in a time of crisis has now done a lot worse, and finally an all around scumbag that should be spending time in a jail instead of leading the US toward civil war and all around disaster

This thread is about the way he pronounced Thailand though

6 minutes ago, Niteowl45 said:

No dude, anti-trumpers, including myself, don't care about a minor mispronunciation (although funny)

we care about the fact that he's an incompetent crook who surrounded himself with incompetent crooks, a racist, a traitor, a fascist wannabe tyrant with no respect for the constitution, a hypocrite who constantly blamed Obama but in a time of crisis has now done a lot worse, and finally an all around scumbag that should be spending time in a jail instead of leading the US toward civil war and all around disaster

Man yOur a cunny funt!  Because I  think the Don is the best President ever I am having trouble accepting you seemingly irrational argument.  I think he is #1 with everything he has done. 

• Sad 3
11 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

Man yOur a cunny funt!  Because I  think the Don is the best President ever I am having trouble accepting you seemingly irrational argument.  I think he is #1 with everything he has done. 

Number one in destroying American democracy. 

Of course he still has loyalists but historians albeit prematurely are overwhelming already rating him the worst US president in history or at least among the worst. 

I reckon they're right and you're wrong. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/08/07/we-are-only-beginning-suffer-consequences-trumps-failures/

We are only beginning to suffer the consequences of Trump’s failures

“Elections have consequences.”

Republican leaders were enraged when President Barack Obama reminded them of this after his 2008 victory. But President Trump has given new and macabre meaning to the phrase. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

Is that sarcasm? Surely it is, right? he is declaring economic war with country that makes all your stuff. Despite what he thinks he cant buy it anywhere else like Thighland and Vietnam because the products made there are either Chinese or the components/ materials are. The Chinese are way smarter. I might not like everything they do but they are going to teach Trump a thing or two at the expense of the American economy. In short the man is a complete idiot and the Chinese are laughing.

Perhaps, as I have been saying to my Thai friends for the last 33 years, it's time for a wholesale revamp of Tie spelling of English which is nonsensical and causes an already demented US president and others who actually have a brain, to make mistakes like this

Tieland not Thailand 

Sukumvit, not Sukumvit (there is no "v" in Tie. 

Pooket no Phuket (no more fooket or <deleted>it) 

Suwannapoom, not Suvarnabhumi etc

Pattaya, not Phattaya, 

Forget the grammatical niceties, say it the way it is, phonetically. We should do the same with English too. 

• Confused 2