Resident Certificate / Proof of Address - for Thai Drivers License

How to get a resident certificate or proof of address when applying for a Thai drivers license? I read that you need to go to Chaeng Wattana to do this, is that right?

How do you get this proof when you don't have a rental contract, but live with your gf who is renting that room from a family member?

We went to a local lawyer who drew up an affidavit, signed by my wife as the house master, confirming that I live in the house. We then attached a copy of her ID and copy of the Tabien Bann, showing her as the house master.  That has been enough to get a C of R from Immigration. Cost was 1,000 Baht. I dont see why your G/F can't do the same for you.  You do however need your TM 30 to show the same address, because they do check.  

Edited by Pilotman

Are you doing 90 day reports to Chaeng Wattana immigration. If not then you will not be able to apply for a certificate of residency there.

At this time the certificates are being done at the temporary office at Muang Thong Thani.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Are you doing 90 day reports to Chaeng Wattana immigration. If not then you will not be able to apply for a certificate of residency there.

At this time the certificates are being done at the temporary office at Muang Thong Thani.

No, I'm not as I'm on a METV.

Where can METV "tourists" get the certificate of residency then if not from the immigration office to satisfy the document requirements to apply for a drivers license?

Especially if they are also renting but don't have a written rental contract. Technically the gf is renting through an uncle/aunt, no contract?

Edited by bbi1

4 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Where can METV "tourists" get the certificate of residency then if not from the immigration office to satisfy the document requirements to apply for a drivers license?

At your embassy if they will do one is an option.

There are some immigration offices that will do one but not in Bangkok.

I went to Jomtien.  Since I do my 90 day report there they required no additional proof.  I had my Social Security statement, and 1040 tax return from online that shows my address in Thailand as well but they never asked for any additional proof. 

On 8/8/2020 at 12:32 PM, ubonjoe said:

At your embassy if they will do one is an option.

There are some immigration offices that will do one but not in Bangkok.

Australian embassy is absolutely useless. I sent them an email 4 days ago using their email adress on their site ([email protected]) to ask about a Residence Certificate, if they do it and what they need. So far no answer.

If BKK immigration won't do it and Aussie embassy won't do it, are there any other options out there?

9 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Australian embassy is absolutely useless. I sent them an email 4 days ago using their email adress on their site ([email protected]) to ask about a Residence Certificate, if they do it and what they need. So far no answer.

Form the embassy website. https://thailand.embassy.gov.au/bkok/Notarial_Services.html

image.png.2443decf5c933153e6519e8816a0e915.png

10 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

If BKK immigration won't do it and Aussie embassy won't do it, are there any other options out there?

Another immigration office if possible.