Trump to try going it alone on coronavirus aid after talks with Congress break down

rooster59

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So many haters. Does it matter who is at the helm. No one can manage such a country when even each States Governments, like California have failed as well as Florida. It has not mattered if its a Republican or a Democrat at the helm.  Pelosi and her group are no different. It has always been whats in it for them. 

It is what it is.

1 hour ago, Cryingdick said:

If Trump is actually able to sign some good relief efforts this could blow up in the dems faces. I would love a tax payroll cut.

The payroll tax funds that Trump wants to reduce...

a. support Social Security and Medicare, and

b. will do nothing to assist the millions left unemployed by Trump's CV failures.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

b. will do nothing to assist the millions left unemployed by Trump's CV failures.

Bloomberg's opinion on this, https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-versus-democrats-republicans-economists-223422962.html

15 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

This isn't about fixing the country, this is about the election. It's that way on both sides of the aisle. Nancy and Chuck thought they could play Santa Claus if they played hard ball. Now big Daddy Donald is going to hand out Trump bucks to every working person in the USA. Well he is going to stop stealing our money for a period of time. Much more cost effective to not move the money in the first place.

Just heard somebody saying he should announce he plans to forgive the tax debt if re-elected. Brilliant move. What can Biden reply with? He is going to need claw it back and will raise taxes more? It's in many ways the perfect juxtaposition that could be made between the two candidates. 

The government can not continue to be the economy so it makes no sense to continue huge amounts of unemployment benefits. Get a job now and you get rewarded. You also need to keep in mind there are only a few things Trump can do with the EO now that both houses have failed. Some experts are saying cutting taxes in an emergency falls under this.

The house and senate will have to come back after their vacations and try to cobble together something for people on entitlements when they feel they have the time. Trump is going to sign in whatever he can that is immediately actionable on his part.

I like it more than $1,200 checks it rewards the front line workers, the people in the amazon warehouse, the fed ex driver everybody who kept this thing going in the first place. 

Depending on what you earn it is a much bigger chunk of money as well. Sounds like he is going to announce his orders in a couple of hours.

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Yinn said:

They stupid. Money not control covid. 

Behavior control covid.

Wear mask, wash hands, social distance, stay home, tracing app. 

Control about 5 weeks same thailand.

444653A3-6F2D-47BB-97BE-91DCB6C4D732.thumb.jpeg.b2a5954ff71af8fc31898dd74222eacf.jpeg9623FCA8-382B-46CA-89E9-89C6E6D1D2F6.thumb.jpeg.0d588da63d799d769d9c5ea6a37151d9.jpeg

But anti masker, riot and protests, covid party, anti vaxxer, refuse the app= not control, terrible economy, trillion++ waste money. 

Listen what doctor say, not politics loon.

i boring this idiots. Selfish. 

A558B65E-37D5-4B1B-8B7C-5AD0F7766B0E.thumb.jpeg.d9b3ddc8a09aa45ee17b2630f6bf9bfa.jpeg77877AE5-29C9-4CA8-A2C7-5F9BCD531AFE.thumb.jpeg.fb3cf056ce75646f2e12528d3ede0433.jpeg

Here we go again same old rubbish again I have tell you I live in Western Australia 

(look it up on the map) we had not a local transmission since April 11 and again

nobody wears a mask.

10 minutes ago, stevenl said:

To wit re Trump and his payroll tax reduction idea:

For starters, the payroll tax holiday is a sure short-run loser. Democrats will continue to call it a giveaway to big corporations that does nothing for the unemployed and threatens the solvency of Social Security. And Republicans don’t like it either; Senate Finance Committee Chair Chuck Grassley already reacted on Thursday by blasting the idea. Oh, and most economists don’t like it either. There’s a name for policies which unite both parties and neutral experts against them: Political poison. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

Here we go again same old rubbish again I have tell you I live in Western Australia 

(look it up on the map) we had not a local transmission since April 11 and again

nobody wears a mask.

Ya, I think that's because sheep haven't been proven to transmit the virus... :tongue:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

In addition to what I just said you know if the $3.5 trillion passed the next thing the dems would say is the debt is out of control under trump. LOL It isn't like they would ever have a positive spin on anything. 

Ahhh it has been since he (took) office that’s not a partisan thing it’s just a simple stand alone fact.imo this whole relief brouhaha is a Republican set up to try to make trump look good it’s just political theater 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Tug said:

Ahhh it has been since he (took) office that’s not a partisan thing it’s just a simple stand alone fact.imo this whole relief brouhaha is a Republican set up to try to make trump look good it’s just political theater 

"stand alone fact. imo" You don't seem sure if it is a fact or opinion. It's all political theatre on both sides. That's what I don't get. I know Trump is shady I know exactly when he lies. You seem to think the dems never do wrong and your poop doesn't stink. 

Anyway let's see what Trump is about to announce.. This could be the ultimate miscue for the dems. This could be the pivotal moment.

52 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Wow he totally shut down the jack ass media afterwards. Like a boss. 

He cut and ran, again.

He doesn’t like being called out for his lies.

Here’s a problem for Trump and his supporters, calling out Trump for his lies is the new ratings engine.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

Well Trump announced his orders. The response should be comical. That was shock and awe.  Nice victory for the working man.

You got it in a nut shell this is still a democracy not a dictatorship (yet) just so you know I’m more of a Lincoln project kinda guy with Democratic tendencies lol this whole charade is imo is a ploy to make trump look good the republicans know full well it’s illegal but they will wail and moan and say the democrats won’t let it fly when in reality it’s the senate with McConnell in charge sirking their duty again oh I know it’s fact trump exploded the deficit during good economic times 

Edited by Tug

6 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

In addition to what I just said you know if the $3.5 trillion passed the next thing the dems would say is the debt is out of control under trump. LOL It isn't like they would ever have a positive spin on anything. 

No, that is a republican thing. They cry, wail and gnash their teeth, then blather about the debt, the weight on the economy. They get all weepy talking about the blighted younger generation who will have to deal with it. Horse patoot. The dems want an aid package like the ones that have been approved before. Yes they would like to cut out the graft for the wealthy, like the payroll tax cut, but they really want 600$  unemployment benefits and freeze on evictions.

Frankly I'm enjoying the Republicans and Trumps delima. This will directly affect the base that votes for Trump. Sure way to lose the election is a Republican spending package. Yes likely lost already, but just another stake to drive in.  Have fun Mitch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

No, that is a republican thing. They cry, wail and gnash their teeth, then blather about the debt, the weight on the economy. They get all weepy talking about the blighted younger generation who will have to deal with it. Horse patoot. The dems want an aid package like the ones that have been approved before. Yes they would like to cut out the graft for the wealthy, like the payroll tax cut, but they really want 600$  unemployment benefits and freeze on evictions.

Frankly I'm enjoying the Republicans and Trumps delima. This will directly affect the base that votes for Trump. Sure way to lose the election is a Republican spending package. Yes likely lost already, but just another stake to drive in.  Have fun Mitch.

The $600 unemployment was completely untenable and unrealistic. Anyway be grateful that Trump intervened and that anybody will get any at all now. Nothing is stopping Pelosi and crew from coming back and going to work to pass something.

She tried to play hardball and it didn't work. You can not pay somebody laid off from being a dishwasher $600 a week not counting state benefits. That's completely absurd. 

Love that he didn't make it so checks get sent out to retirees in Thailand, Acapulco etc. Trump has concentrated any benefits or rewards to those that are productive.

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Trump signed orders for $400. mo extra and stopped evictions.

Thank you Mr President.

https://www.lockportjournal.com/news/trump-extends-unemployment-benefits-now-at-400-a-week/article_37f86d22-d9bb-11ea-8138-d75bc6626cbf.html

That's the thing, what Trump did in no way prevents congress from doing something. Trump is the emergency mechanism for a break down.

Although the $400 has to be covered by the states for 25%. Still it is a better deal than what would have been had Trump not intervened.

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tug said:

You got it in a nut shell this is still a democracy not a dictatorship (yet) just so you know I’m more of a Lincoln project kinda guy with Democratic tendencies lol this whole charade is imo is a ploy to make trump look good the republicans know full well it’s illegal but they will wail and moan and say the democrats won’t let it fly when in reality it’s the senate with McConnell in charge sirking their duty again oh I know it’s fact trump exploded the deficit during good economic times 

Dreams are made of these moves by the President, and movies will be made. The Dem's had there chance but like always they decided to riddle their version filled with pork for there own projects and left leaning ideologies. Its not hard to see that unless the Dems like the person in the Whitehouse or for that matter Republicans, nothing ever truly gets accomplished for the people, because of the big egos politicians have or because of there own agenda's.  No one goes into politics anymore with the ideals to help the people anywhere in the world. If they do, and with that thought originally as there premise, they are soon beat down or demoralized or pushed out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Dreams are made of these moves by the President, and movies will be made. The Dem's had there chance but like always they decided to riddle their version filled with pork for there own projects and left leaning ideologies. Its not hard to see that unless the Dems like the person in the Whitehouse or for that matter Republicans, nothing ever truly gets accomplished for the people, because of the big egos politicians have or because of there own agenda's.  No one goes into politics anymore with the ideals to help the people anywhere in the world. If they do, and with that thought originally as there premise, they are soon beat down or demoralized or pushed out.

This is why we can't have nice things. LOL Donald took the toys away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cryingdick said:

He didn't linger too long like he did in the past. There is no point mixing words with a media that is openly hostile and playing gotcha games all day. It shows he is listening to his advisors. 

Journalists calling out Trump’s lies, we can’t have that can we?!

Trump listens to his advisors telling him what he wants to hear, those armed with science and facts get short shrift.

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Journalists calling out Trump’s lies, we can’t have that can we?!

Trump listens to his advisors telling him what he wants to hear, those armed with science and facts get short shrift.

My entire argument was based upon current policies. Trump provided the emergency mechanism for a system that broke. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

My entire argument was based upon current policies. Trump provided the emergency mechanism for a system that broke. 

Your argument was based on 'it is about the election'. See your post #64, nothing to do with fixing anything.

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

It's pretty obvious to me that both sides are attempting to buy votes. Some will even mail you two ballots without asking.

So you post 'based upon policies', when called to your earlier post 'all about the election' you come with an off topic deflection.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stevenl said:

So you post 'based upon policies', when called to your earlier post 'all about the election' you come with an off topic deflection.

Trump just shoved emergency measures down Pelosi's throat. That's all I am saying. It is going to be very difficult to go to court to revoke benefits that are widely available.

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Cryingdick said:

Trump just shoved emergency measures down Pelosi's throat. That's all I am saying.

'all', sure, besides ' it is all about the election' 'all based on policy' 'fixing the economy'.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Well just ask old Clawback Biden about it. Let's raise taxes. 

Yes yes, president Biden is destroying the country.  I want mah country baaak.  Oh wait, he's not president.....yet.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1