Thai Driving Licence Renewal

I have Thai driving licences for both car and motorcycle. When I obtained the car licence in 2005 I had no need to get the motorcycle licence. I obtained the motorcycle licence a few years ago and both are now on 5 year renewals. My issue and question is related to the fact that each expires 2/3 years apart meaning that I have to go to DLT (and also must obtain residence certificate from immigration) twice every 5 years to renew the licences. Is it possible to align the licences so that they both expire on the same date/year every 5 years? 

Also; I now have yellow book and pink ID card. Will that negate the need to get residence certificates from immigration?

First bit I cant answer suggest you ask at your local DLT. But if you have a yellow book that's conformation of address so no need to get anything else. Just need passport and old licence. Some require a doctors note some don't. Oh + the usual forms. N/B My wife requires a new licence by the 12th, she has had to make an appointment to get it. All things seem to be delayed due to this Rat Flue 19.  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Also; I now have yellow book and pink ID card. Will that negate the need to get residence certificates from immigration?

There still seem to be DLT offices that insist on residence cert.

I am lucky that my office accepts yellow book (pink card).

Which office is yours?

I am not aware about a proper method to align the renewal dates.

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

Which office is yours?

I had a problem last time I did my licence. The girl said that My yellow book wasn't proof of address. I just asked her to go ask the top man/lady. She didn't came back the top lady did, very apologetic and said yes it was fine. You just have to stand your ground.  

• Thanks 1

On 8/8/2020 at 12:02 PM, fredob43 said:

First bit I cant answer suggest you ask at your local DLT. But if you have a yellow book that's conformation of address so no need to get anything else. Just need passport and old licence. Some require a doctors note some don't. Oh + the usual forms. N/B My wife requires a new licence by the 12th, she has had to make an appointment to get it. All things seem to be delayed due to this Rat Flue 19.  

Thanks. I always get the doctor's letter on the day as he has an office right by the gates to DLT. I'll ask DLT on next renewal regarding alignment of licence expirys. 

On 8/8/2020 at 4:04 PM, KhunBENQ said:

Which office is yours?

Morchit, Bangkok.