Police officer who gave conflicting accounts of Ferrari speed claims he miscalculated

rooster59

8 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

To have hit a scooter at that speed I'd expect a lot more damage...any pics of the scoot ?

‘Pol Col Thanasit Taengjan, a scientist attached the Office of Police Forensic Science, told the police panel investigating the handing of the case, that Vorayuth drove the super car at 177kph, as he originally stated’

In the eternal words of Queen Elsa, “Let it go”. 

36 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Is there any wonder why people have such contempt, lack of trust and sheer hatred from the very people who are supposedly serving and protecting the people. They are a complete embarrassment.

The feeling is mutual!  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

‘Mr. Suthon maintained that Vorayuth’s car speed was 177kph, while Mr. Saiprasit maintained that the speed was about 79kph’

How can two ‘forensic scientists’ be so far apart in their calculations. It’s as if one of them base theirs on science and the other one on a large pile of cash. 

Mr Saiprasit had his software set the "knots" not "kph", 177 kph is about 95 knots much nearer the 79 "units" he noted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This article is very confusing.

Pol Col Thanasit Taengjan, first states 177 Kph, then retracts to 79 Kph, and now changes back to 177 Kph.

The investigation panel now asks 2 independent forensic experts,  Mr. Suthon Vijarnwannalak of Chulalongkorn University and of Mr. Saiprasit Kerdniyom of King Mongkut Institute of Technology, and one claims 177 Kph while the other agrees on 79 Kph.

Do they still not know how to use a calculator/ 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, djayz said:

Yawn... 

So what?! Nobody cares about this story any more because we all know it's a load of crock. From beginning to end.

I for one, would be much happier if Boss came back to the Land of Shams and life went back to normal. 

On an almost daily basis there's a new "development" in the case: from secret eyewitnesses, who years later turn up, to them dead a few days later. Now coppers admitting that they may have miscalculated the speed. 

Nobody buys this cr@p any more. 

Nobody is that stupid to believe any of this. 

It's a lot better than most soaps, so will get good ratings for a long time.  I am one of those hoping that somehow that good triumphs over evil.

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

just call the US and get some true traffic accident reconstructionists who can lay it all out. I am sure the UK as well as Australia and NZ also have folks who could do it.   Stop the games.

I expect Ferrari have crashed a few of theirs... in the presence of experts

Edited by eddie61

I think that it'd be *most* informative if Pol Col Thanasit Taengjan, and the other Experts, actually published the *details* of their [old and new] calculations, in order for others to see exactly how they actually arrived at their respective estimated speeds.