Police officer who gave conflicting accounts of Ferrari speed claims he miscalculated

rooster59

A well-informed source said that Pol Col Thanasit Taengjan, a scientist attached the Office of Police Forensic Science, told the police panel investigating the handing of the case, that Vorayuth drove the super car at 177kph, as he originally stated, instead of 79.23kph claimed in a subsequent statement given in 2016.

Huh? Maybe he did not have his calculator handy? 100 minus 10. I need my tools. That is a complex formula. 

The funny thing about liars here, is that they are rarely ever clever enough to explain their lies, when questioned. If you are going to make up a story, at least have the good sense to have a solid foundation for it. 

10 hours ago, colinneil said:

Here we go again, the BS IS STARTING ONCE MORE.

Confused my a++e, he has been ordered to say that.

"The police forensic expert who gave conflicting statements about the speed of the Ferrari, driven by Red Bull heir Vorayuth Yoovidhya and which was involved in the controversial hit-and-run case, has claimed that he was confused by the speed calculations and has reverted to his original statement."

What kind of forensic expert gets  "confused by the speed calculations"?

More probably confused by what he is, or is not supposed to say!

Edited by sambum
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, rooster59 said:

A well-informed source said that Pol Col Thanasit Taengjan, a scientist attached the Office of Police Forensic Science, told the police panel investigating the handing of the case, that Vorayuth drove the super car at 177kph, as he originally stated, instead of 79.23kph claimed in a subsequent statement given in 2016.

It brings into question all the other cases he's been involved with since joining the police.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PatOngo said:

This case has been a fiasco from day one, all involved in the lies, deception and cover up should hang their miserable lying heads in SHAME!

Money counter acts shame in the land of lies, manipulation and outright bull <deleted>. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, djayz said:

Yawn... 

So what?! Nobody cares about this story any more because we all know it's a load of crock. From beginning to end.

I for one, would be much happier if Boss came back to the Land of Shams and life went back to normal. 

On an almost daily basis there's a new "development" in the case: from secret eyewitnesses, who years later turn up, to them dead a few days later. Now coppers admitting that they may have miscalculated the speed. 

Nobody buys this cr@p any more. 

Nobody is that stupid to believe any of this. 

Seems some of the authorities believe they can convince the populous to believe it, but of course they (authorities) are that stupid. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

just call the US and get some true traffic accident reconstructionists who can lay it all out. I am sure the UK as well as Australia and NZ also have folks who could do it.   Stop the games.

I would suggest that the Uk would have closed the road for 12 hours or more, stopped everyman and his dog anywhere near the crime scene, taken every conceivable measurement possible, had the car taken to a place for detailed analysis, invited Ferrari to interrogate the "black box" engine management computer, downloaded all nearby cctv, taken witness statements, and if and only if the driver was guilty would have thrown the book at him, black white rich or poor, that is what they would have done.

Now for what they would not have done, everything that has happened in this case up to date.

Disgusting carry on that is getting worse and worse for all concerned and of course the PM will have some very difficult questions to answer in 2 weeks time, as for the Boss this will come back and bit him hard especially when the PM starts taking the flack.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

just call the US and get some true traffic accident reconstructionists who can lay it all out. I am sure the UK as well as Australia and NZ also have folks who could do it.   Stop the games.

Ahhh, they're not seeking the truth.  They are seeking to exonerate the teflon rich kid.

15 hours ago, djayz said:

Yawn... 

So what?! Nobody cares about this story any more because we all know it's a load of crock. From beginning to end.

I for one, would be much happier if Boss came back to the Land of Shams and life went back to normal. 

On an almost daily basis there's a new "development" in the case: from secret eyewitnesses, who years later turn up, to them dead a few days later. Now coppers admitting that they may have miscalculated the speed. 

I suggest you don't read anymore then. I think it needs to run it's course so the pressure for the truth prevails. The obvious corruption involved in this case is no joke and at the very least it needs to extremely uncomfortable for the lying swines. The boycott Red Bull is a good idea, don't put anymore money in their pockets which they use to pay corruption money to evade justice. It is growing, all people need to do is not buy Red Bull and tell their friends and family the same. I think and hope it is gaining very serious traction all over Asia and now in the USA,, I say comments starting from Kentucky and Minnesota yesterday... 

22 hours ago, darksidedog said:

His 2016 calculations were confused due to the extra 000's in his bank account weighing on his mind no doubt.

1  million per km/h reduction, at the  current  rate  he'll  have reversed over the  copper!

Edited by bodga
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, JusticeGB said:

Soon the story will change again. It is possible that the impact speed might have been 80 km per hour if the policemen had been driving at 90 km per hour and the other car at 170 km per hour. Any speed can be chosen from brown envelopes!

As it appears both the Ferrari and Motorbike were traveling in the same direction the impact speed might well have been 80kmh. I tend to agree with your supposition, because the damage to both vehicles appears to confirm this. As for the police handling of this case.... well, they are the best money can buy aren't they?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rgraham said:

Eventually they will prove that the collision was actually the policeman's fault.

It was, he drove his bike at high speed in reverse into the stationary Ferrari, thought that was already understood. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Artisi said:

It was, he drove his bike at high speed in reverse into the stationary Ferrari, thought that was already understood. 

Depends if new witness number two confirms what happen if/when he resurfaces 

On 8/8/2020 at 8:56 AM, rooster59 said:

The police forensic expert who gave conflicting statements about the speed of the Ferrari, driven by Red Bull heir Vorayuth Yoovidhya and which was involved in the controversial hit-and-run case, has claimed that he was confused by the speed calculations and has reverted to his original statement.

Expert in his bank balance, that's the only statement he was thinking about.

I'm no crash expert & I'm not taking sides here either...but judging from the front end damage to the vehicle in the photo, & unless a Ferrari is built like an armored tank, it appears to me to be about a 60 kph speed on impact!

• Like 1

On 8/8/2020 at 9:16 AM, djayz said:

Yawn... 

You’d be surprised...

15 hours ago, Almer said:

I would suggest that the Uk would have closed the road for 12 hours or more, stopped everyman and his dog anywhere near the crime scene, taken every conceivable measurement possible, had the car taken to a place for detailed analysis, invited Ferrari to interrogate the "black box" engine management computer, downloaded all nearby cctv, taken witness statements, and if and only if the driver was guilty would have thrown the book at him, black white rich or poor, that is what they would have done.

Now for what they would not have done, everything that has happened in this case up to date.

Disgusting carry on that is getting worse and worse for all concerned and of course the PM will have some very difficult questions to answer in 2 weeks time, as for the Boss this will come back and bit him hard especially when the PM starts taking the flack.

Friend of mine in Aus. was the third party in a fatal accident on  major highway, the highway was closed on that side and remained closed until all investigstion was fully analysised, recorded etc and the coroner who was helicopted into had finished his investigation, all this took about 10 hours although the cause was blatently obvious as to whose fault and the circumstances leading up to the accident. 

Of course all this would be have accomplished in 5 - 10 minutes in Thailand and closed off in another 10 minutes or so. 

I think the red bull dude deserves time in jail for his actions after the accident as well as the possibility of being under the affects of alcohol and possibly other substances. 

However, the damage to his car is consistent with a relatively low/medium speed accident. When a car collides at 180km it suffers severe damage - nothing like the damage of the Ferrari in the aftermath photos.