Elderly drivers with driving licenses for life to undergo fit to drive tests

rooster59

On 8/8/2020 at 9:23 AM, colinneil said:

Not just the elderly drivers need to under go fitness to drive tests, every driver here should have to do the same, as a very large percentage of drivers are not fit to be on the road.

Some years ago I was renewing my Thai licence at DLT and there were quite a number of older drivers who failed the reaction time, depth perception and eyesight tests. They got told to go to another area. Later after watching the safety video I saw them also being issued new licences. I was amazed how their eyesight and reaction times had improved dramatically in one hour! 

• Like 1

On 8/8/2020 at 9:23 AM, colinneil said:

Not just the elderly drivers need to under go fitness to drive tests, every driver here should have to do the same, as a very large percentage of drivers are not fit to be on the road.

are yu including me.....lankie lad??

I bin drivin for 48 yrs.....so consider myself velly velly competant....!!! havin dun a few miles all over the world....!!!

Edited by essox essox
wrong spelling
  • Haha 1

On 8/8/2020 at 9:59 AM, 2 is 1 said:

Their hearing and eyesight might not be as good as they were when they obtained the license. Yeah normaly get much better when you get older!!!!! Real rocket scientist!

so if some one is DEAF then they can not DRIVE???!!!

6 hours ago, essox essox said:

so if some one is DEAF then they can not DRIVE???!!!

Perhaps they can, but they will not be allowed to because their driving license will be withdrawn.

Edited by Puccini