please dont Go Fund me

Harveyboy

28 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

i have insurance I'm here in hospital now with peace of mind i won't have to be putting on TVF a call to go fund me what im saying you never know when its going to happen to you don't ignore insurance for the price of a couple of daily beers

Well said, speedy recovery, at the moment it's 120,000 plus baht a year to keep the family covered or 328 baht a day, when I break it down for the 6 of us, it's 55 baht each, that's less than a beer at the local.

Let's not forget there are a fair few expats here that can't get coverage because of age, or their pre-existing conditions won't be included in the policy, age is one thing where they might not cover one, however if one can get covered regardless of pre-existing conditions, I believe one must cover oneself for that unexpected moment, like what happened to you.

When and if it gets too much for me as I age, I will look at self insuring, but will keep the family insured as it's a must for me.

Hope the dog is ok ????

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1

Just now, 4MyEgo said:

Well said, speedy recovery, at the moment it's 120,000 plus baht a year to keep the family covered or 328 baht a day, when I break it down for 6 of it's 55 baht per head, that's less than a beer at the local.

Let's not forget there are a fair few expats here that can't get coverage because of age, or their pre-existing conditions won't allow it, age is one thing where they might not cover one, however I believe one must cover oneself for that unexpected moment, like what happened to you.

When and if it gets too much for me as I age, I will look at self insuring, but will keep the family insured as it's a must for me.

Hope the dog is ok ????

not sure not seen the bike or the dog since don't think there is a lot of hope for either

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, bigupandchill said:

I had to claim on this policy https://www.axa.co.th/en/personal-accident-protection recently and found the whole process very easy and efficient. In fact the hospital did everything. I paid 6,300 per year for 250,000 coverage including motorcycles.

Depends what age you are,get to 65 plus  will cost,.............250 000 is hardly anything actually       India is my saviour,broken leg /arm  damned good and cheap

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, bigupandchill said:

I had to claim on this policy https://www.axa.co.th/en/personal-accident-protection recently and found the whole process very easy and efficient. In fact the hospital did everything. I paid 6,300 per year for 250,000 coverage including motorcycles.

I have the same coverage, which hospital did you go to? one on the list or another and claim back expenses?

1 minute ago, izod10 said:

Depends what age you are,get to 65 plus  will cost,.............250 000 is hardly anything actually       India is my saviour,broken leg /arm  damned good and cheap

You went to India after an accident with a broken leg\arm?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I have the same coverage, which hospital did you go to? one on the list or another and claim back expenses?

Bangkok hospital Nakhon Pathom. They were able to see on the computer at reception what coverage I had with which insurance company - 35,000 with the 600 baht compulsory - 250,000 with my axa policy and 50,000 on my big bike insurance. How they work out who actually pays the bill I don't know.

9 minutes ago, izod10 said:

Because it's accident insurance, not medical insurance I believe age is less of an issue.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bigupandchill said:

Bangkok hospital Nakhon Pathom. They were able to see on the computer at reception what coverage I had with which insurance company - 35,000 with the 600 baht compulsory - 250,000 with my axa policy and 50,000 on my big bike insurance. How they work out who actually pays the bill I don't know.

Good news that the hospital take care of the insurance side of it rather than someone having to do it with various injuries

27 minutes ago, bigupandchill said:

Good for accident coverage, what about a heart attack ? 

I believe the cost in a public is around 200k-300k for a stent ?

3 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

Really? What do they insure? I can't imagine you get much for that? 

The accident insurance I quoted paid for everything up to 250,000 baht. 6 days in hospital cost 85,000 baht which included multiple x rays and a ct scan. Add in the cover you get on your motor policy and compulsory should cover quite a serious accident.

8 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I believe the cost in a public is around 200k-300k for a stent ?

If it's not an emergency situation go to India. Costs are a fraction of here, top hospitals in the major cities have great docs and welcome foreigners and return airfare is a few thousand (well, not now obviously).

10 minutes ago, bigupandchill said:

I'm still in my 50's so not too worried about medical at the moment.

I had a heart attack at 47, heart attacks don't discriminate.

Was healthy, regular annual check ups, all blood reading were good, and then came along a clot, badda bing, badda bang, badda boom, since my heart attack I have heard of and know of some blokes going out at 35, 42, 50.

Fortunately for me it was back in Oz and the hospital was within a 3 minute drive from where I lived, and Medicare covered it as it was an emergency.

Don't think for one minute because you are young that your invisible, otherwise that might bring you unstuck.

8 minutes ago, Why Me said:

(well, not now obviously).

I think the purpose of having health insurance is as the poster said, "peace of mind", and especially in times like this, no need to travel to get treated for a pittance of the price.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

You went to India after an accident with a broken leg\arm?

No problem,initial strapping up,onto plane    its easier to go there,couple of hours away,actually it was knee damage,done in Spain too,back to BKK then onto India,brilliant

• Like 1