please dont Go Fund me

Harveyboy

52 minutes ago, bigupandchill said:

I had to claim on this policy https://www.axa.co.th/en/personal-accident-protection recently and found the whole process very easy and efficient. In fact the hospital did everything. I paid 6,300 per year for 250,000 coverage including motorcycles.

Better than nothing, but, 250k is not enough to cover something serious, which is when you really need insurance.

1 hour ago, bigupandchill said:

I had to claim on this policy https://www.axa.co.th/en/personal-accident-protection recently and found the whole process very easy and efficient. In fact the hospital did everything. I paid 6,300 per year for 250,000 coverage including motorcycles.

Wait til you are over 70, AXA will not cover you. No medical needed..............for accident insurance?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

up to just means not more than... what is the not less than figure

The policy wording states up to, there is not less than, the only not less than is for it to be an emergency you must be in the hospital not less than 24 hours, otherwise it is not considered an emergency and therefore you have to pay that out of your pocket, as my policy is for emergencies and elective surgery only, outpatient option was not taken by myself as its cheap enough to pay myself, 2-4k, depending if x-rays needed etc etc, when I go for a visit, which is rare.

since my accidents are invariably inflicted by another trafficant, i dont have to worry,

its their insurance company that has to pay.

that said its painful like hell and unavoidable too, so i dont drive much

and when i do i drive slow to reduce pain level that is coming without fail

Just now, stouricks said:

Doesn't make sense to me, please explain. Elective surgery is something you personally want to have.

The policy is predominantly for an emergency, however if I need a hip replacement, I need to advise the insurer of the cost and the reason for the procedure (elective surgery).

Any outpatient costs are paid for by me.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, scammed said:

and when i do i drive slow to reduce pain level that is coming without fail

Many times it is SLOW drivers who cause accidents. Does your driving at 30 kph reduce the pain level when a Lambo hits you at 177 kph?   PML

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, izod10 said:

No problem,initial strapping up,onto plane    its easier to go there,couple of hours away,actually it was knee damage,done in Spain too,back to BKK then onto India,brilliant

Where do you go? Kolkata? wouldn't a govt hospital in Thailand been cheap enough?

13 minutes ago, stouricks said:

Many times it is SLOW drivers who cause accidents. Does your driving at 30 kph reduce the pain level when a Lambo hits you at 177 kph?   PML

even a lambo cant make it to 177 km/h on the small sois i voluntarily restrict

my driving to, and from my experience the accidents happen during lane cutting,

i am not the cause of someone else cutting my lane

regardless of my speed

Edited by scammed

40 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Better than nothing, but, 250k is not enough to cover something serious, which is when you really need insurance.

Depends there are other options, i wouldn't trust the hospitals here for cancer treatment so pointless paying insurance for it

30 minutes ago, faraday said:

Get well soon Harvey, eat properly, & have lots of rest.

How are the nurses & doctors treating you, are you getting sufficient pain relief?

ok mate got the job done not the gentlest I've had must admit bit severe ha but the nurses were good always loved uniforms lol ..more than enough to eat lack of pain killers had probs sleeping but that's minor I'm Lucky to be here mate 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

From memory it might only insure up to 65, worth double checking

I am 67 years old and have more than adequate worldwide accident insurance with AXA hospicare......Hope I never need it.

costs under 10,000 baht per year. Dont remember the exact amount.

11 hours ago, bartender100 said:

You don't have to send money to someone's go fund me, so why worry?

It creates problems for the expat community as a whole when expats are unable to pay their hospital bills. Hospitals complain - loudly - to the government and Immigration repsonds.

Ref the new mandatory insurance requirements for OA visa and currently for all entries into Thailand, and the limits on spending from retirement accounts ...and likely more restrictions to come if this sort of thing continues.

4 hours ago, laosnative said:

I am 67 years old and have more than adequate worldwide accident insurance with AXA hospicare......Hope I never need it.

While accident insurance is better than nothing, the maximum payouts tend to be quite low...too low to cover a catastrophic event

Also, accident is not all that can happen. heart attacks, strokes, cancer and other problems can strike even people who think they are very fit/invincible.

Good comprehensive expat health insurance costs more, of course. At age 67, about 90 - 100K baht annually.

• Like 2

Must admit, I don't currently have any and it does worry me as I ride a moped.

It's true that for a few quid a day it really is daft not to have it, but the vast majority of people I know don't have it, and the excuses are always different. The 'self insured' one comes up a lot then the other one is 'I can't get it' Erh, yes you can.

Always remember one time out having a beer the subject of this come up and one guy said if he couldn't afford insurance then how can he be out having a beer? Was a fair point.

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, laosnative said:

Accident insurance is rubbish, it's for tourists and kids..get your wallet out and cover yourself properly at your age.

15 minutes ago, Pottinger said:

Here we go again with the 'one risk profile fits all' approach to insurance. Why not just live and let live instead of bringing your Western notions of what is appropriate to a foreign country? Life has been full of risk since man's predecessors lived in trees, afraid to come down for fear of being eaten by wild animals. Yesterday, forty-seven people died at the scene of a road accident in Thailand, and forty-two of them were motorcyclists - almost 90%. If you're going to moralise about insurance and risk, quitting riding a motorcycle might increase your credibility.

It's true that he seems as proud as punch for having insurance, bless him. In bkk I never ride a moped but since spending a bit of time in Ubon I feel safe, although I avoid the main roads.

9 minutes ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

It's true that he seems as proud as punch for having insurance, bless him. In bkk I never ride a moped but since spending a bit of time in Ubon I feel safe, although I avoid the main roads.

I feel safer on my motorbike or moped in BKK then outside. Seriously outside BKK there is a lot of 2 way traffic with idiots comming on the wrong side of bends and so on. There are far more dangerous people outside BKK. I even hate driving my car outside of BKK because of how people drive. 

4 hours ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

Must admit, I don't currently have any and it does worry me as I ride a moped.

It's true that for a few quid a day it really is daft not to have it, but the vast majority of people I know don't have it, and the excuses are always different. The 'self insured' one comes up a lot then the other one is 'I can't get it' Erh, yes you can.

Always remember one time out having a beer the subject of this come up and one guy said if he couldn't afford insurance then how can he be out having a beer? Was a fair point.

i find that almost no one who says they are "self insured" here actually is. Some exceptions,. of course, but not many.

Some people seem to think having no insurance and no plan/ability to pay equals being self insured. It most definitely does not.

5 hours ago, laosnative said:

How much medical expenses cover per accident?