BANGKOK

Maybe this has been covered before. Will those on retirement visas be allowed to re enter Thailand without health insurance? Due to my age no insurance company will insure me. If it's mandatory, this will mean no more visits to see my family abroad.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

At this time you cannot enter the country.

Insurance on entry is only required if you have a valid OA long stay visa issued by an embassy.

If on an extension of stay issued by immigration or a non-o visa it is not required.

Thankyou. Just to make myself clear. My visa was issued here in Thailand and I was referring to going out and reentering.

7 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

Thankyou. Just to make myself clear. My visa was issued here in Thailand and I was referring to going out and reentering.

No, your O-A VISA was NOT issued here in Thailand, but maybe your extension of stay was...

Not the same thing..

glegolo

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

If it was issued in Thailand it would be non o . No insurance requirement.

If you exit Thailand it may be long time before you can enter. By then your extension and reentry permit may expire. 

What date is your current "admitted untill date" 

Do you mean that your visa was issued in Thailand or your extension was issued here.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

You apparently you have a extension of stay issued by immigration. It is not a visa.

No problem to leave and to re-enter the country at some later date when you would be allowed to enter the country.

• Like 2

OP, do mean a requirement for general health Insurance, or the special Covid 19 Insurance currently required to re-enter Thailand.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

OP, do mean a requirement for general health Insurance, or the special Covid 19 Insurance currently required to re-enter Thailand.

Covid 19

4 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

In the future I'm sure this requirement will be relaxed but for the time being if your in Thailand just renew your extension again for the time being.

There are many of us in the same position, concerned if we leave the Country, how would we re-enter in the current situation.

My retirement visa was issued in 1991 from a Marriage visa. My wife being a font of wisdom has said we will go to Immigration on Monday and get the information from the horses mouth? Maybe. Thanks all for the replies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

If it was necessary to leave the country and you are married to a Thai you could apply for a certificate of entry at this time. You would need covid 19 insurance, a covid test 72 hours before arrival, a paid for ticket on a repatriation flight and then spend 14 days in a organized quarantine at a authorized hotel you have to pay for after arrival. 

Does the covid 19 insurance need to cover a full year?  The length of time until the retirement extension expires?  Or three months?  Or ... ?  I am confused about that.