Ladyboy community suffering all over Thailand - appeals to government for help

rooster59

1 minute ago, bendejo said:

Next we'll hear about thieves in Latin America suing their countries' tourist departments for ruining their business, as there are no tourists for them to rob.  Maybe someone like Bezos will buy Ecuador.

Maybe you're on to something.  We can all sue each other in an endless circle and see what happens.  

Their qualifications are irritating foul mouthed attention whores.  Start a youtube channel.  Do all the classics 'eating mama' 'go out and buy ice tea' 'get ready with me' 'what in my bag'.

You will make a small salary.

Edited by johnray
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Grumpy one said:

They could go back to their villages  and dare may I say do some manual work ????

No need to be so negative. Katoeys also do ordinary jobs, and they are in many occupations.

Just because the most visible are those in night life does not mean they are a majority.

I understand that they get their boobs on credit, so perhaps they are worried that if they don't get some money the docs will be looking to get them back.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, johnray said:

Their qualifications are irritating foul mouthed attention whores.  Start a youtube channel.  Do all the classics 'eating mama' 'go out and buy ice tea' 'get ready with me' 'what in my bag'.

You will make a small salary.

...or they could learn the issan lyrics to the ice cream song

and adhere to instructions

• Haha 1

The parasitic men who made a wrong bet on a tourism-related prostitution. The last group of the population who will deserve my personal compassion.

P.S. We are talking here about those involved in the Pattaya and Phuket nightlife. Not about transgender scientists, highly skilled engineers and other Nobel prize winners.

Edited by Zikomat
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

58 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

It seems as though every 7-11 in Thailand employs at least ONE ladyboy. If they aren't too flamboyant, they can usually find some kind of work.  I hate to see anyone starved out of existence. Ironic that Thailand is doubling down on visa regulations to make it difficult for their farang "cash cows" to live here. It is always "ready, FIRE, aim". in Thailand. Absolutely NO thought given to the consequences of actions.

What visa regulations are they doubling down on, would be good to let us know.

2 hours ago, KhunFred said:

It seems as though every 7-11 in Thailand employs at least ONE ladyboy. If they aren't too flamboyant, they can usually find some kind of work.  I hate to see anyone starved out of existence. Ironic that Thailand is doubling down on visa regulations to make it difficult for their farang "cash cows" to live here. It is always "ready, FIRE, aim". in Thailand. Absolutely NO thought given to the consequences of actions.

There also seems to be a few of them in the hairdressing business, but one would of course have to attend the training to become qualified.