Ladyboy community suffering all over Thailand - appeals to government for help

rooster59

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

pretty much the same with everyone or group who were connected to the entertainment and hospitality business in this country and not much can be done about it and yeah, good luck to them getting any help from the government...

Yep but also a special fund for 5' 9" handsome boys, they're special too.

3 hours ago, andy72 said:

its just thailand being thailand and ladyboys are a part of that show and in a way plays a major role of acceptability globally of the trans community its a shame thailand does not recognise itself for what it is.
all down to keeping the public uneducated by a bullying gov 

but the cold hard reality thats global no matter how much of a democracy you think you came from in the west.

OK where are the real democracies then? 

And I am sure the West apologises for not being perfect. 

8 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Their colleagues in Bangkok, Pattaya, Chiang Mai and other tourist places in Thailand were in dire straits too.

I'm sure the government will bend over backwards to help out.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

I am aware of at least one transgender farmer up country not all are in the entertainment industry, I had a transgender mechanic for many years , bloody skilled

True.
My Suzuki mechanic is a ladyboy. The owner of two pharmacies in Khokloi is a ladyboy. The rubber tree nursery near my stepdaughter’s run by a ladyboy. I can add more examples. 

• Like 2

they need lots of victims to buy all their phones and silicon boobys ,beach roads too quiet.i have met a few honest lbs in restrants servings tables but thats gone for now.proctomy is the only avenue open now

cant they go piling into the monkhood or the army for a tempory situation ?

Edited by 3NUMBAS

I often see busloads of Chinese tourists going to ladyboy shows in the past.

In China, it's impossible to see ladyboys so they come to Thailand to see them. In western countries, they have drag queens so it's not really unusual.

It seems that ladyboys do rely on Chinese tourists then.

Edited by warcy
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, bendejo said:

Next we'll hear about thieves in Latin America suing their countries' tourist departments for ruining their business, as there are no tourists for them to rob.  Maybe someone like Bezos will buy Ecuador.

When Walking St is rebranded, Thais that wear gold jewellery should help.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, bendejo said:

Next we'll hear about thieves in Latin America suing their countries' tourist departments for ruining their business, as there are no tourists for them to rob.  Maybe someone like Bezos will buy Ecuador.

I get tired

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Drivel.

Sorry you have no clue. Did you ever met one. 25 years old. Ha ha ha. Not at all. I have experience. Thank god Holland is open minded. Heaven for them. Why you post. Please explain. Most men like

20 hours ago, bendejo said:

Please

18 hours ago, andy72 said:

being a ladyboy is more acceptable than gay

it is the third gender recognised by bhuddism

this particular ladyboy is in the entertainment biz 

and its classed as one of the star attractions to see in thailand by straightzville tourists
there is a group which travel internationally often seen at the edinburgh festival in the uk.

im sure all ladyboys who walk the streets and bars are hurting too.

but being a katoey is mainsteam in thailand as already stated many work in regular positions

thailand is fairly progressive but they are still not allowed to change id gender on passports and will end up in a male prison unless fully reassigned surgery has been performed

I saw a TV show where they get 'local' surgery and a new pair if silicons are not so expensive its a thai price same with all the other procures in the tv show one doc was particularly famous among the katoeys.

on the other side thailand reassignment surgery was one of the most progressive i guess its supply and demand the more you do the better you get.

ive been served in 7/11 boots starbuck air asia among others by ladyboys.

it is what it is its 2020 

i often wonder if its over publicized, as if its a thing thats too acceptable over just being gay.

but se asia also has many places that have male performers taking female roles especially indonesia.

as said if your in tourism your screwed and maybe the gov should have been looking at who is worst hit in this covid fiasco

of course thai gov has always said tourism is not important its only a small percentage of gdp
yeah 20% small 

from sex workers which also doesnt exist which relied heavily on tourism

elephant camps disbanded the most revered animal in thailand saw no funding either.

its just thailand being thailand and ladyboys are a part of that show and in a way plays a major role of acceptability globally of the trans community its a shame thailand does not recognise itself for what it is.
all down to keeping the public uneducated by a bullying gov 

but the cold hard reality thats global no matter how much of a democracy you think you came from in the west.

Did you ever meet one?

• Haha 1