Ladyboy community suffering all over Thailand - appeals to government for help

rooster59

12 hours ago, Gene1960 said:

True.
My Suzuki mechanic is a ladyboy. The owner of two pharmacies in Khokloi is a ladyboy. The rubber tree nursery near my stepdaughter’s run by a ladyboy. I can add more examples. 

oh really Hey a blind date

• Haha 2

The global entertainment industry is going to be gutted. I'm not aware of any country supporting its performing artists. In several countries they don't qualify for pandemic relief because they are self employed. Governments everywhere need to make sure that every member of society is supported.

• Like 1

Just now, Yme said:

The global entertainment industry is going to be gutted. I'm not aware of any country supporting its performing artists. In several countries they don't qualify for pandemic relief because they are self employed. Governments everywhere need to make sure that every member of society is supported.

People  need to  support themselves and stop whinging they are "special"

• Like 2

10 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

they need lots of victims to buy all their phones and silicon boobys ,beach roads too quiet.i have met a few honest lbs in restrants servings tables but thats gone for now.proctomy is the only avenue open now

cant they go piling into the monkhood or the army for a tempory situation ?

Hey it seems you have experience big boy. Why you post? Shall I tell you because you like  a chick with a dick. Again 3Numbass do you understand Thai society. Or does your ATM card show you the way to heaven. Why react Straight  guys never do. They understansd. Only fools and horses.  doubt. It doesn't matter anymore Buddy Holly sang a long time ago. Little Richard wrote  how Buddy got oral sex. Tell me Numbas are you getting it. Jerry Lee Lewis admitted that in 1969 at the Toronto Peace festival. He deserves credit credit to that. You don't. Tell me why you post. That secret Freddy Mercury feeling. You know  once I met Stogie Bear a retarded British Teacher and Tony another son of Lord Nelson running Lb 69. The perfect world for you. Always the British. Again we Dutch sank your Armada. Rule Brittania  ha Ha Franklin got  you, Oh you Brits. Please visit Sweden  if you hate us Dutch. You owe usa lot. Imagine you talk Spanish or German. Written after drinking two bottles of wine (13%) . Can you do that 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Yme said:

Boring and no clue

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

I'm a straight, white male but I would just like to say one thing to all the bigots and homophobes on this thread. 

Thailand is not the place for you. 

almost. i am still a homophobe but if i kept getting bothered with getting it inspected

by everyone and her brother i would do nothing else, now i just shrug. TIT

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Ever heard of sarcasm and humour.

Yes I did whenever I see those pathetic Brits ripped off at our red light district in Amsterdam. Covid or not we are inj the know. Britain certainly ain't. Most British men dream to be Prince Andrew or Queen victoria. I think Scorecard you go for Quen Vicoria. I call Tom the Gardener your Personal Jesus. Sounds great. Come on baby make my day sissy boy

The only practical suggestion I can give the ldaybodys is for them to get onto 'Onlyfans' or some similar website like 'ManyVids' where they can sell photos and videos to 'fans' around the world. Sex workers in other countries started doing it months ago, so the Thais are a bit late but I'm sure they'll find a niche.

I started watching this American stripper who has become popular on youtube - 'Cristina Villegas' - she gives really informative info about how much she makes from stripping and onlyfans - some of her friends make more from onlyfans than from stripping. 
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdWha0UgFLkwtgwH-rM5PtQ
The ladyboys may encounter a language barrier but other than that it seems more of an option than expecting the government to help! 

1 hour ago, Don Mega said:

Why don't they grow a set and go get a real job ?

Why don't you put on a skirt and witness the prejudices they face every day trying to find a real job.

irrelevant of skills or qualifications as soon as they speak the application goes in the bin.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, warcy said:

I often see busloads of Chinese tourists going to ladyboy shows in the past.

In China, it's impossible to see ladyboys so they come to Thailand to see them. In western countries, they have drag queens so it's not really unusual.

It seems that ladyboys do rely on Chinese tourists then.

Not strictly true. Back in 2003 whan I lived in Wuhan we went to one of the many large live music theatres that have 3 hour live shows every night. One hour was the Ladyboys of Bangkok, the same ones that tour many countries. They went down a storm with one near the stage victim running full pelt out of the theatre in fear.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

I am aware of at least one transgender farmer up country not all are in the entertainment industry, I had a transgender mechanic for many years , bloody skilled

Bloody skilled, eh.

In more ways than you are willing to publish ?? :shock1:

22 hours ago, Blumpie said:
22 hours ago, bendejo said:

Next we'll hear about thieves in Latin America suing their countries' tourist departments for ruining their business, as there are no tourists for them to rob. 

Maybe you're on to something.  We can all sue each other in an endless circle and see what happens.  

More like with no cash infusion from foreigners the locals keep picking each other's pockets for the same little bit of currency. 

In some of these places the way newer computer technology reaches them is when it's stolen from the tourists.  Someone recently explained to me that in Ecuador they are quite good at dismantling and then salvaging stolen laptops, such that the newly assembled laptop will bear no resemblance to the one reported stolen.

21 hours ago, johnray said:

Their qualifications are irritating foul mouthed attention whores.  Start a youtube channel.  Do all the classics 'eating mama' 'go out and buy ice tea' 'get ready with me' 'what in my bag'.

You will make a small salary.

Reminds me of a lot of UK you tube vloggers !!

23 hours ago, Blumpie said:

Maybe the "high end" tourists will save the lady boys.  

Stay tuned to tomorrows episode of "As Thailand Burns".

Thais love to gather round the tv on the streets and watch a good soapie, tv soapie, not grandpa soapies!!!

21 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No need to be so negative. Katoeys also do ordinary jobs, and they are in many occupations.

Just because the most visible are those in night life does not mean they are a majority.

I understand that they get their boobs on credit, so perhaps they are worried that if they don't get some money the docs will be looking to get them back.

I'm not being negative, I'm just tired of those who want a free hand out all the time.

My rubber tree's dont bring in a good income any more = give me money

My cats pregnant and my dog left home = give me money

Get the drift of my first comment now

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kno77 said:

Nothing wrong with that. A++++++++++++++

I came to live in LOS 15 years ago and at that time I would say I was homophobic. This was because I was 'straight' and many of the LBGT people I met had over dramatized their new chosen sexuality. However, over time and with experience of Thai cultural traits I find I take very little notice nowadays when a male cashier in TescoLotus replies "ka'' and not "krap". I lived in Pattaya for 7 years and now have LBGT friends.

One question that always intrigues me is why is there seems to be so many LBGTs in SE Asia and Thailand in particular? The following extract of the earlier post made me think it's cultural : -

"On that note I'd like to conclude, it's tough being a man in a man's world. The expectations are very high. You've gotta be big, rough, tough. So what if you turn out to be on the smaller, slenderer side? What if you've got a softer, more feminine character and disposition? Do you fight that uphill battle, trying to be something that you aren't, and don't feel comfortable being? Or do you take the route that just makes more sense? That is what they do"

IMHO Buddhists/Thais prefer to avoid confrontation and have a tendency to take what appears to be the easy road, without considering possible future difficult consequences. Those slender types of meaker disposition might find the tough confrontational cut and thrust of a mans' world too much to handle and go down a route more suited to their character. No doubt there are other reasons I will soon be told about?

Ladyboys lip synching is hardly culture, nor does it require much skill. It is an insult to  lump them in the same category as the dancers and musicians who have studied and put in long hours training and continually learning. The folks who run places like Simon Cabaret  are not there for art's sake, but to turn a nice profit, which it has done over the years. A ticket to a 1 hour show is 1000 baht and I was told that the drink prices would cause many a TVFer to faint.  Where did the owners/operators put all of their profits over the past 30 years?

23 hours ago, Grumpy one said:

They could go back to their villages  and dare may I say do some manual work ????

Often they left their villages because they were bullied or there was little work for them. many come from families that do not own land.

22 hours ago, poloshirt said:

I may be wrong but I do believe that the Thai society encourage young kids to be ladyboys. Come on, selling your behind to tourists is not an honorable profession is it?

People will say that I am homophobic - hostile to ladyboys and so on.

What happen to ladyboys when they grow old? By the time they reach 25 they already look so old. What do they offer the society in term of profession? Do they contribute any skills in exchange for a day's hard work salary?

I have never been in a country that has so many ladyboys. Young kids can be encouraged to be ladyboys especially in an environment that says, "It's all right to be ladyboys, go ahead sell your behind, nobody will say anything bad"

I wish to apologize beforehand for my comment above if I am wrong . I am not saying we should persecute the ladyboys or make life difficult for them, on the other hand the society appears to encourage them which I think it's hideous.

It makes me sad to see young boys trying very hard to be ladylike, putting on makeup and behaving with exaggerate movements of hands and manners. 

No. For some it  is a  stage in their lives. For others, it is how they cope with who and what they are in a society that is often homophobic and misogynist. Thais do not age well as ladyboys and they often disappear once they are in their mid 30's.

2 hours ago, Yme said:

In countries with an advanced social safety net, performing artists have been treated like any other person in need of assistance. Canada, Norway, Finland, Denmark had public  assistance plans. Even in the USA, although the  government wasn't helping much, the private sector and artist support groups have offered grants and cash support.

Honestly, it wouldn't be such a bad thing if these  LB shows went away. It's like the old  circus freakshow where people would pay to look at JoJo the  dog faced boy, or the bearded lady or the fat lady or  the guy with no legs. Retrain the LBs as  hospital aides or  elder assistants in the provincial hospitals. they can play dress up after work or  on their days off. If they  want to go to work as LBs then they can do so in a dignified manner, not as clowns.

TAT should employ them as a travelling troupe of "performing artistes"....combine it with prison visit tourism and boost local domestic tourism also. Hell, they could even go and entertain the troops !