Ladyboy community suffering all over Thailand - appeals to government for help

rooster59

I only know one up here where I live, Not pretty and if it was not for the hairband ( gipsee ) would look like any other 20 - 30 yo.  He was kicked out by his mother when he was 14 yo . I met him when he worked in a bar , one night some lads were getting him drunk so I asked the boss if I could take him home. Yes !    Thing was I never knew where he lived at the time and he fell asleep in the car so I took him to my house , just as well the wife was visiting her folks.   He often fell off his bike when drunk , I visited him twice in hospital and said no more.

He finaly gave up Chang and during 2018 tried 7 jobs , several closed as lack of business. Not seen him for nearly a year but now works as a cleaner/chalet maid at Mae Fa Luang Uni.  I never met a nicer Thai chap.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, poloshirt said:

I may be wrong but I do believe that the Thai society encourage young kids to be ladyboys. Come on, selling your behind to tourists is not an honorable profession is it?

People will say that I am homophobic - hostile to ladyboys and so on.

What happen to ladyboys when they grow old? By the time they reach 25 they already look so old. What do they offer the society in term of profession? Do they contribute any skills in exchange for a day's hard work salary?

I have never been in a country that has so many ladyboys. Young kids can be encouraged to be ladyboys especially in an environment that says, "It's all right to be ladyboys, go ahead sell your behind, nobody will say anything bad"

I wish to apologize beforehand for my comment above if I am wrong . I am not saying we should persecute the ladyboys or make life difficult for them, on the other hand the society appears to encourage them which I think it's hideous.

It makes me sad to see young boys trying very hard to be ladylike, putting on makeup and behaving with exaggerate movements of hands and manners. 

Some do live in the villages from whence they came.  One of our local soup sellers is a reasonable pretty ladyboy in her 30's.   Always waves and blows me kisses...as I do in return.  How shocking am I to be doing such a thing!  In you world I  would imagine my fate would be one of penal servitude, maybe throw in a good trashing now and then and copious amounts of bible verses conveyed via loud speaker 24/7.  My thought is live and let live.  If they do me no harm we can be at peace with one another.  And there is work in the country if they don't mind getting their hands dirty!

23 hours ago, KhunFred said:

It seems as though every 7-11 in Thailand employs at least ONE ladyboy. If they aren't too flamboyant, they can usually find some kind of work.  I hate to see anyone starved out of existence. Ironic that Thailand is doubling down on visa regulations to make it difficult for their farang "cash cows" to live here. It is always "ready, FIRE, aim". in Thailand. Absolutely NO thought given to the consequences of actions.

Seems many also work in call centers AIS to name one.

4 hours ago, joebrown said:

I came to live in LOS 15 years ago and at that time I would say I was homophobic. This was because I was 'straight' and many of the LBGT people I met had over dramatized their new chosen sexuality.

Neither sexuality nor gender as in "transgender" are "chosen" .

They are inherent for the individual. 

Transgender know from an early age that their gender does fit their biological body.

Not all transgender are attracted to males, nor do most  consider themselves to be "gay".

I am glad you are accepting of people in all their complex diversity.

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Transgender know from an early age that their gender does fit their biological body.

Not all transgender are attracted to males, nor do most  consider themselves to be "gay".

I disagree that sexuality/gender are inherent simply because there are so many ugly ladyboys in LOS. You might think I'm being cruel by saying that, but maybe they didn't take a good look in the mirror at their masculine faces or rugby player's legs, before applying copious amounts of make-up?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RangerP703 said:

What an LBGT friend and why do you differentiate them from other friends.

Homophobia or ?

Lesbian ; Bi sexual ; Gay ; Transgender. You need to get up to speed! I have friends who happen to be so. I also have friends who are not so who one might call 'straight'.

What I don't like is having either religion or sexuality rammed down my throat, metaphorically speaking, of course!

Homophobic? I don't give a hoot if that's what you think.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, joebrown said:

I disagree that sexuality/gender are inherent simply because there are so many ugly ladyboys in LOS. You might think I'm being cruel by saying that, but maybe they didn't take a good look in the mirror at their masculine faces or rugby player's legs, before applying copious amounts of make-up?

Which supports that the gender(transgender/male/female: CIS gendered male /female)  identification is inherent in them as humans, the need to be a "female" is not "choice" it is inherent. irrespective of how others see them. 

There are also many "ugly" physical and psychological persons of all genders. 

Edited by RJRS1301

On 8/8/2020 at 12:07 PM, johnray said:

Their qualifications are irritating foul mouthed attention whores.  Start a youtube channel.  Do all the classics 'eating mama' 'go out and buy ice tea' 'get ready with me' 'what in my bag'.

You will make a small salary.

Totally agree.

Flapping aroung like theyre on a catwalk, prenning themselves in shop windows.

More of a freak show than anything else.

They're an embarrasment to the transgender community.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, joebrown said:

Did you not get it that way too many men jumped on the money train?

Plenty of men only put skirt and a wig on and some cheap perfume.

You can hardly call them ladyboys, more men wearing a skirt, innit? 

The ladyboys who believe that they were born in the wrong body is a different story. 

real situations expose fake people.jpg

12 hours ago, joebrown said:

You could be easily describing a UK or American woman there as well. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

14 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Which supports that the gender(transgender/male/female: CIS gendered male /female)  identification is inherent in them as humans, the need to be a "female" is not "choice" it is inherent. irrespective of how others see them. 

There are also many "ugly" physical and psychological persons of all genders. 

You say it's inherent. I've already disagreed saying it's cultural. Maybe it's a bit of both. Who knows for sure?

On 8/8/2020 at 12:20 PM, RJRS1301 said:

I am aware of at least one transgender farmer up country not all are in the entertainment industry, I had a transgender mechanic for many years , bloody skilled

Wow , me too .

Handraulics ,  was his/her speciality , in lower Issan .

You , know what i mean ....

Edited by elliss
  • Haha 1

On 8/8/2020 at 3:03 AM, digger70 said:

No need to Cry like a Girl for a Hand Out from the Government

Just tell them to be Normal and get a Job.

Get rid of that Sissy stuff.

Dress like a Man Walk like a Man Get a Job like a Man,   Be a Man. 

If not ,Get a Sex change and Work like a Women, on you Back if you like.

Yes, just be a man like  your mother was.

On 8/9/2020 at 8:48 AM, RJRS1301 said:

This is over simplified; a number of genetic and social factors influence both sexual preference, and gender identity. Words such as transgender and gay, being social constructs not scientific terms, do not help...

2 hours ago, Motoko said:

This is over simplified; a number of genetic and social factors influence both sexual preference, and gender identity. Words such as transgender and gay, being social constructs not scientific terms, do not help...

Oh you want a thesis on gender and sexuality? It possibly would go over the word limit for a post here.