Jump to content
BANGKOK
rooster59

UK concerned by rise in small boats crossing from France, immigration official says

Recommended Posts

On 8/8/2020 at 2:58 PM, Bluespunk said:
On 8/8/2020 at 2:53 PM, CG1 Blue said:

So what percentage of the migrants crossing the channel to the UK are women? It would be nice if you could copy/paste the relevant bits to save everyone having to trawl though whole articles. 

 

No. 
 

It is enough to know it is false to claim most refugees are young men. 

The story is about migrants entering the UK illegally on boats (having passed through several safe countries already). So let's focus on that rather than your general point about global migration. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, CG1 Blue said:

The story is about migrants entering the UK illegally on boats (having passed through several safe countries already). So let's focus on that rather than your general point about global migration. 

No, I won’t.

 

The refugee crisis is a worldwide issue. 
 

The claim that young men form bulk of refugees is patently false. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

No, I won’t.

 

The refugee crisis is a worldwide issue. 
 

The claim that young men form bulk of refugees is patently false. 

What is the percentage of refugees in regards to gender ?

What is the percentage split between males and females ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CorpusChristie said:

What is the percentage of refugees in regards to gender ?

What is the percentage split between males and females ? 

Already posted links to this information on this thread. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

No, I won’t.

 

The refugee crisis is a worldwide issue. 
 

The claim that young men form bulk of refugees is patently false. 

The claims that they were "families fleeing war", that they were "Syrian" that they were "Doctors* and Engineers" (the odd Syrian Particle Physicist), that they were "unaccompanied children" was just deliberately misrepresentative propaganda.

 

*Of the 1.8m refugees processed in Germany, 47 were Doctors

Edited by mokwit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Already posted links to this information on this thread. 

"By October 2015, women comprised 18%, 12% and 15% of Syrian, Afghan and Iraqi asylum seekers respectively."

 

   This ^ ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mokwit said:

The claims that they were "families fleeing war", that they were "Syrian" that they were "Doctors and Engineers" (the odd Syrian Particle Physicist), that they were "unaccompanied children" was just unrepresentative propaganda.

 In the current refugee crisis the evidence and facts show that the claim that the bulk of refugees are young men is false

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bigots, xenophobes, racists, homophobes, transphobes and other isms and phobias look at these poor migrant children and have a brain.... i mean HEART.

child-refugees-689720.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

current refugee crisis

What refugee crisis? I just see economic migrants trying to get to UK.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mokwit said:

What refugee crisis? I just see economic migrants trying to get to UK.

Ah huh, well I disagree with what you choose to see. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Heppinger said:

Bigots, xenophobes, racists, homophobes, transphobes and other isms and phobias look at these poor migrant children and have a brain.... i mean HEART.

child-refugees-689720.jpg

The war and the arduous journey made them grow up fast. HTH

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

Oh dear, selective quoting again, you really think I don’t read through the links I post?

 

Would you care to quote what followed that...tell you what, let me save you the trouble

 

“Between 2000 and 2015, the number of international migrants has increased by 41 per cent to reach 244 million. Almost half of them are women”

what does "almost" mean?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...