UK concerned by rise in small boats crossing from France, immigration official says

rooster59

2 hours ago, Surelynot said:

I understand your point, but the driving force is not "hotels and trips to Liverpool FC", it is the horrendous circumstances in which they find themselves in their own country....now that is a hugely complex problem to solve.

It is also worth noting that many of those who make it to the UK are the wealthy, well educated middle and upper class who will, within a few years, assimilate and be of benefit to the UK............many might not be and hence the requirement to screen and return.

This can not be the case, otherwise why are they not settling in even numbers across all of Europe? 

Something is attracting then to the UK above all other European countries. What is it?

My brother also works for a charity helping many of these immigrants and I can tell you first hand they get exploited in sweat shops and are basically slaves. 

I don't know how you can think many and wealth and a benefit to the UK. They are a benefit to illegal activities and unethical people and the authorities turn a blind eye. 

As their applications to get processes that takes years and they appeal when they are refused, and again takes more delays. All this time they are either being used as slaves or being houses, fed and given money and charity. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

It does fit the narrative exactly- instead of discouraging illegal immigrants who could be Isis, murderers or rapists they are actually encouraging it by providing days out, money and 4 star accommodation, how is that going to discourage thousands more? The tax payer might not have paid for the jolly day out but they do for the rest of it. These people have NO right to be in the UK and need to be booted out.

Nasty unwashed foreigners ? Bludgers with no travel insurance ?

So anyway what happens to the small boats?

• Like 1