Jump to content
BANGKOK
rooster59

UK concerned by rise in small boats crossing from France, immigration official says

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Nope, I was highlighting the facts to expose false claims. 

What are the percentage figures for asylum seeks coming over from France in regards to gender .

(BTW , if you have already posted them, can you repost them again or just state the percentage rates)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

What are the percentage figures for asylum seeks coming over from France in regards to gender .

(BTW , if you have already posted them, can you repost them again or just state the percentage rates)

I will not repost anything. 
 

The current refugee crisis is a world wide one. 
 

However here is some interesting reading, particularly the observation on how stats regarding gender are collected. 
 

https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/politicsandpolicy/refugees-and-integration-in-the-uk-the-role-of-gender/

 

No info on percentage of refugee children in it though

Edited by Bluespunk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mokwit said:

The only trouble is that people who are sympathetic to genuine refugees have been lied to by propaganda from the pro immigration politicians and those who benefit from immigration, or are we to believe that they lied last time for their own benefit but are telling the truth this time?

I don’t subscribe to your theories on the current refugee crisis. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mokwit said:

I don't subscribe to your fantasies.

Ah huh...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I will not repost anything. 
 

The current refugee crisis is a world wide one. 
 

However here is some interesting reading, particularly the observation on how stats regarding gender are collected. 
 

https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/politicsandpolicy/refugees-and-integration-in-the-uk-the-role-of-gender/

 

No info on percentage of refugee children in it though

Could you just answer my question ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, simple1 said:

asylum seeker

This term is not meant to include those seeking to upgrade their country of residence.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Could you just answer my question ?

I’ve posted links to the current worldwide refugee crisis. 
 

Read them and you’ll see the figures and facts I’ve discussed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, simple1 said:

As has clearly been stated on this forum a number of times, including within this topic, an asylum seeker entering the UK via boat or any other means, no matter what you claim or some politicians, are not currently defined as 'illegals' under UK law or international Convention/s. If an asylum seeker is assessed as not a genuine refugee after arriving in the UK, it is only .at that time they can be subject to deportation proceeding. Whilst an asylum seeker is waiting to be assessed they are not permitted to work. Accordingly, an asylum seeker can receive welfare benefit.

If you are currently seeking asylum you have no right to claim benefits in the UK and you will also not be able to work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, simple1 said:

so a number of genuine refugees

It seems strange that if they were genuine refugees they would seek to enter Australia by boat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mokwit said:

This term is not meant to include those seeking to upgrade their country of residence.

Correct, if an asylum seeker is not assessed as a genuine refugee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...