UK concerned by rise in small boats crossing from France, immigration official says

rooster59

Yes, yes, since Emmanuel 1st proclaimed himself Emperor, there is a scent of dictatorship, but only for native French people, but not for those of "papers" or various, varied and damaged foreigners.
A little while longer, and he will rule the whole earth.
See LIBAN

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Well clearly the one we currently have is utterly incapable of managing this plus so many other crises - maybe try one fronted by a more competent leader? 

If you are referring to Keir Starmer, I cannot deny he seems quite popular but the same cannot be said about the Labour Party, Starmer is out polling his party, infact it's the same old Labour with a different leader. So really that puts the Labour Party out of the running and only leaves the Tories as the most credible party.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, loong said:

I live in Thailand, but I am not an immigrant. In fact I am sure that the vast majority of foreigners are not immigrants.

I am here on an extended visa which requires proof that I have the finances necessary to be allowed to stay here. I am not a burden on the country.

My visa is a NON-IMMIGRANT VISA, I guess just to make absolutely sure that I don't consider myself an immigrant.

No you dont have a visa.

You have an extension to stay.

Bit pedantic really but you did start it.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, loong said:

I live in Thailand, but I am not an immigrant. In fact I am sure that the vast majority of foreigners are not immigrants.

I am here on an extended visa which requires proof that I have the finances necessary to be allowed to stay here. I am not a burden on the country.

My visa is a NON-IMMIGRANT VISA, I guess just to make absolutely sure that I don't consider myself an immigrant.

Yes, I agree, most here are in the same boat, but you do not have a visa, they have extended your stay...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Shhhh, Bluespunk is watching (????????????

Let me guess. You were in the Special Army Soldiers and fought in every war since Gallipoli and once killed a Roman general using only your mess tin.

At least thats what you tell everyone in the bar eh?

Go on mate. How many years in the regulars did you serve?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, simple1 said:

You're misrepresenting facts. Good quality hotel accommodation is a temporary solution only if alternate facilities are unavailable. If an asylum seeker's application for refugee status is declined, they do get a degree of support until they can be removed from the country. Removal is very challenging due to the current lack of government to government agreements, resourcing and funding.

Overview of HMG welfare for asylum seekers at URL below. I would guess a number work illegally for cash in hand as the amount allocated for day to day living is a pittance.

https://www.gov.uk/asylum-support/what-youll-get 

You and others will likely accept MigrationWatch as they are a right-wing think tank. If they are correct it is very clear the issues of managing illegals and refused visa applicants lay squarely at the feet of government for lack of resourcing / funding.

https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/key-topics/illegal-immigration

Appreciated, but any misrepretation of something seen/heard in a livestream isn't down to the people that are viewing & I'm having none of that 'far right' baloney.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1