PEA debacle - own transformer - domestic or industrial rate?

Susco

30 minutes ago, Susco said:

Dream on about that. There is an example right above, and another right below your post, which proof PEA will not pay for the maintenance and repairs regardless of you sign everything over to them.

There are also reports if you go back in the forums of the PEA doing maintenance, repairs and replacements of transformers purchased by private individuals.

So that the PEA, in the cases quoted, did not is not proof. It’s anecdotal information that TIT and little is ever definitive.

1 hour ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Is it his fault that you did not request a change once you actually had a house that was eligible? 

To me that sounds like an “I messed up but it cannot be my fault” for you and the others who did not change when the could. 

Ha Ha. You are a joker!

I did not blame anyone. I just accept the loss and get on with life. But maybe others can learn from my experience. Obviously not yourself because you are Mr. Perfect.

Our PEA Director's job is currently on sale for 5 million Baht. Perhaps you can apply? Guaranteed you get your money back within 3 years.

4 hours ago, Stevemercer said:

But maybe others can learn from my experience. Obviously not yourself because you are Mr. Perfect.

Thanks for bestowing that title. It’s not one that I can claim.

I do read the forum and another about building in Thailand  the switch to the regular tariff is talked about on both of those and on the PEA site (in English)

• 2 weeks later...

Just received my bill for August, and the code is still 1125.

Not sure what they have in mind, as I was waiting for this bill to contact a lawyer or OCPB.

I had the Thai owner of the meter with me, and she said the manager instructed them to change back to the previous code.

This is an interesting forum topic. I must be "lucky" with the PEA. I also own a 3 phase transformer in my name on my wife's land. I also paid for STEC concrete poles my licensed Buriram electrical contractor installed along a private street in Buriram Province. I paid for the "connection" to PEA power at the public road. I did not buy the transformer, poles, cable or equipment from the PEA.

The change from "temporary meter rate' to normal three phase 30/100 meter rate was quick and painless. The PEA in Satuk came to my home and checked for grounding, looked at the Schneider load centers and signed off. I also have paid to have a hornet next removed from my own power poles on a private street. PEA and local government were involved as they had to shut down power and restart the power in a safe manner. The OP was given some great sincere advice on this thread. I do see a real difference in "focus and attention" given to expats at the Buriram PEA main office building depending on who they are with and who is doing the translations. The OP may want to reconsider a lawyer and instead go with a Thai the PEA staff will take seriously. Being overcharged by a utility is not pleasant. It is worth it for the OP to see things made right.