and i've left it at home,

and does anyone know the cost,as i said i haven't done a visa in Thailand

before so i don't know the price,

Chris.m.s

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, chris.m.s said:

Have i missed anything i don't want to get there and be told i need this

and i've left it at home,

It's alway good to get the wife to ring them, say on Monday, however the usual guys will be along to give you what advice you need.

• Sad 1

Not clear what you are attempting to get.  A 60 day extension of stay to visit wife?  That will be the normal TM.7 and 1,900 baht fee.  If you wish a one year extension of stay financials will be required.  Or are you asking about conversion to non immigrant O 90 day entry?  That would also require financials.

• Thanks 1

From what you write I presume you are referring to an application for reason of visiting your thai wife.

Here are the requirements:

When you apply for the 60-day extension of stay for reason of visiting your Thai wife, she will have to be with you when you apply and has to bring her ID-card and a copy of it.  You will also need to bring the house-book (as well as a copy of it) from the place where you and your Thai wife are staying.

To prove you are still married, you need to bring the original Kor Ror 3 (Thai marriage certificate) as well as a copy of it. And most offices will also want a recent printout (not older than 1 week) of your Kor Ror 2 (certificate of Thai marriage registration), which can be requested at any Amphoe and will be issued on the spot (cost between 5 and 20 THB).

You will also need a completed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached, as well as copies of your passport photo page, Visa sticker, entry stamp (with permission to stay date) and your TM6 departure card.

In case you want to apply for a 1-year extension of stay based on your ME Non Imm Visa for reason of marriage, there are additional requirements.  Including proof that you meet the financial requirements by having seasoned funds two months BEFORE your application.

4 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Not clear what you are attempting to get.  A 60 day extension of stay to visit wife?  That will be the normal TM.7 and 1,900 baht fee.  If you wish a one year extension of stay financials will be required.  Or are you asking about conversion to non immigrant O 90 day entry?  That would also require financials.

The 60 family visit visa on staying with my wife,are the docs i put down the correct one's to take Lopburi3

10 minutes ago, chris.m.s said:

The 60 family visit visa on staying with my wife,are the docs i put down the correct one's to take Lopburi3

Believe you may need a current KR2 to prove marriage still valid but have never done so others can be of more help.

37 minutes ago, chris.m.s said:

It's not a Visa but an application for an extension of stay of the permission to stay your received when entering on a Visa.  The cost as for every extension of stay (be it 30 days, 60 days or 1-year) is 1.900 THB.

Requirements for this 60-day extension of stay are addressed in my earlier post #4.

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

Requirements for this 60-day extension of stay are addressed in my earlier post #4.

This one is not correct.

6 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

You will also need to bring the house-book (as well as a copy of it) from the place where you and your Thai wife are staying.

It would have to be a copy of his wife's house book registry. They do not ask for the original since not everybody has access to the original.

Proof of residence would be needed unless living where his wife's house book is for. That could be a copy of the rental agreement with a signed copies of the owners house book and ID card signed by them.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

This one is not correct.

It would have to be a copy of his wife's house book registry. They do not ask for the original since not everybody has access to the original.

Proof of residence would be needed unless living where his wife's house book is for. That could be a copy of the rental agreement with a signed copies of the owners house book and ID card signed by them.

Thanks, will rephrase that text more clearly (addressing both the rental and owner options).

11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

This one is not correct.

Is the house book registry the blue book or is it something else i need to take 

4 hours ago, tonray said:

Yes...the blue book is the House Book

OK thanks i think i have everything i need apart from the letter saying we are still married

but i will find out on tuesday at KK immigration and whatever the result i will post on here 

so if antone else is in the same situation it will help them.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chris.m.s said:

OK thanks i think i have everything i need apart from the letter saying we are still married

but i will find out on tuesday at KK immigration and whatever the result i will post on here 

so if antone else is in the same situation it will help them.

With her Thai ID-card and a copy of your Kor Ror 3 (original thai marriage certificate) your wife can go to any local amphoe for a print-out of the Kor Ror 2 (certifate of thai marriage registration).  That Kor Ror 2 will be issued on the spot for 5 to 20 THB.

Probably worth doing that quick visit before going to your Khon Kaen IO (which most likely will require that updated Kor Ror 2 copy to handle your application for an extension of stay).