New laptop computer needed

My 10 year old Fujitsu laptop finally threw in the towel and I am having to shop for a replacement.  I don't live in Pattaya but will be visiting in a few days and would like to know if any expats living in Pattaya have had good, or bad,  experiences shopping at Tukcom.  I'm not into gaming so all I would need is a moderate, up to date notebook or laptop.

I have checked out Lazada, PowerBuy, etc. but thought it might be worth visiting Tukcom since I will be in town.  Thanks for any help offered.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

+1 Their prices are very competitive and they will make the computer to your specifications so you only get what you need, not redundant stuff that's bundled in with the models from the big manuf

What part of "could be obsolete" do you not understand ? And I'm so glad to know that because you had a successful experience, that automatically means everyone else will obviously enjoy the same s

JIB seem to be a store with a good reputation.  They are in Tukcom - maybe in Central also but not sure about that.    

Posted Images

i usually buy my laptops at tuk com since i cant order from lazada without a computer,

but now with lazada phone app i believe i could get it cheaper on lazada,

its just that there might be a time constraint, such as in need of a computer to transfer my pension in a timely manner, in which case i would still go to tuk com

I usually deal with JIB (https://www.jib.co.th/web/) in TukCom as well. They usually have a pretty good selection of laptops and a whack of aftermarket upgrades as well. I bought my last gaming computer (ASUS Republic of Gamers) from them and when it had a battery problem they fixed it (under warranty) no problem (though they did have to send it to Bangkok and it took a couple of weeks).

There are a couple other retailers on the same floor and you could also check out what PowerBuy (one floor down) has to offer if you want to do some comparison shopping.

There are some small shops on the same floor as JIB with used laptops as well if you want something cheap and don't need a high end rig.

Edited by Kerryd

In the past I bought a couple of laptops from Pattaya2you. Excellent service. They have a shop in TukCom and also a shop behind tukCom (but this one is rather difficult to find).

They are having their own engineers and repairs can be done on the spot.

Edited by Halfaboy
Adding.
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, everyone, for your responses.  It appears I will have several options for comparing prices and products while in Pattaya.  I also did some web checking and there is a JIB store in Phetchaburi, about 35 km from my house.  One in Hua Hin as well.  85 km.

38 minutes ago, patekatek said:

Thanks, everyone, for your responses.  It appears I will have several options for comparing prices and products while in Pattaya.  I also did some web checking and there is a JIB store in Phetchaburi, about 35 km from my house.  One in Hua Hin as well.  85 km.

Do not buy any laptop that does not utilise Solid State Drive for storage, unless you know how to upgrade from HDD to SSD by yourself. The old style spinning discs (HDD) are just too slow and fragile.

• Like 1

If you go to Tukcom, there is also IT City on the top floor.. I bought the laptop I am using now there, in February of 2007. Yes, 2007 and still working perfectly.

2 hours ago, scammed said:

i usually buy my laptops at tuk com since i cant order from lazada without a computer,

but now with lazada phone app i believe i could get it cheaper on lazada,

its just that there might be a time constraint, such as in need of a computer to transfer my pension in a timely manner, in which case i would still go to tuk com

Does your bank or transfer company not have a phone app or a site available via your browser?

57 minutes ago, patekatek said:

invade IT is also in Hua Hin, and they are very helpful.

If it works in the shop the chances it will work at home.  Just try out everything.

If it's second hand the battery is usually be broken.

Edited by johnray
2 minutes ago, johnray said:

If it works in the shop the chances it will work at home.  Just try out everything.

If it's second hand the battery is usually be broken.

What? Really?

I bought a HP Pavillion from Amazon US and changed the 1TB hard drive for a 500GB solid state one.  Forget what they are called.  Was cheaper than here and the new HD makes it very fast etc. Backlit keys etc.. Like it a lot.  I will look up more details re model number and price if you want.  Cheers B 

1 hour ago, stouricks said:

Does your bank or transfer company not have a phone app or a site available via your browser?

it probably has, but i just hate trying to accomplish anything on something that tiny,

if i were forced to, i would possibly try to do it on the inbuilt laptop monitor

since its so important, but my preference is definitely a really big external monitor,

external keyboard, and external mouse, for ergonomics, convenience,

and peace of mind

• Like 1