Ekkamai Bus Depot Toilets

Wongkitlo

I always find Thai public toilets very clean and often go back to Australia  and am surprised by the dirty public  toilets. I am wondering though if the Ekkamai Bus station toilets are trying to win a dirtiest toilet in Thailand competition. Considering it is a major bus depot in the centre of town I am surprised the toilets are left in such disrepair and filth. The girls out front who are meant to clean them do a good job of sitting looking at their phones. 

9 minutes ago, Grumpy one said:

They probably venture inside once a day and hose it down

Keeping the toilets clean only encourages people to use and dirty them 

I don't think they can even hose them. They seem to be blocked and full of stiinling pools of <deleted> whenever I have gone there.  Maybe they block them deliberately as an anti-covid measure. 

7 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

I don't think they can even hose them. They seem to be blocked and full of stiinling pools of <deleted> whenever I have gone there.  Maybe they block them deliberately as an anti-covid measure. 

I walk to the far end of the bus park and find a wheel to take a piddle on.......:cheesy:

• Like 2

It never ceases to amaze me how human beings are totally incapable of toileting themselves.....how many cretins are there is existence? 

The people who can't but help foul up the toilets will be the same who think it is okay to litter. SCUM.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Surelynot said:

It never ceases to amaze me how human beings are totally incapable of toileting themselves.....how many cretins are there is existence? 

The people who can't but help foul up the toilets will be the same who think it is okay to litter. SCUM.

They really need repairs but regardless I can't  see much point paying 2 workers to to look at their phones.

19 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The Op should have been in LOS 30 years ago, then he'd really have something to complain about.

BTW, if he thinks those are bad, he'd better not use the toilets in the Butterworth railway station. They really were disgusting.

In my travels, i have found the public toilets in France worse than in the US. Thailand (especially in the Malls and big gas stations) is very good.

19 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The Op should have been in LOS 30 years ago, then he'd really have something to complain about.

BTW, if he thinks those are bad, he'd better not use the toilets in the Butterworth railway station. They really were disgusting.

I did preface that a lot of the ones in Australia are bad. I have travelled before and am not that fussy. They are trying hard to sanitize Bangkok. Closed down the stalls on Sukumvit Rd, redeveloped Khaosan Rd , regulated Chinatown but  they have a major bus depot in the middle of an international city, surrounded by malls etc and it is a slum.