Video: Chiang Mai traffic cop run down - driver was late and looking at his watch

rooster59

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The motorist has been charged with negligent driving causing injury. 

This could be upgraded to a more serious charge depending on the exact nature of the policeman's injuries.

I hope the policeman isn't an amateur actor, just in case someone trying to encourage him shouts, "Break a leg!" and the motorist ends up in gallows.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

No! 99% of Thais should take driving licence away and put them back in driving school! That kind school what actualy teatch to drive! In Finland we drive atleast 10 houer in traffic whit driving teatcher. In Thailand you drive back in office parkin lot few turns and brake once! And park in screen! Last year Finland had 211 casualty's in traffic! Less than Thailand sometimes in one day (sogran). Ok here have more traffic but anyway!

In the Uk on average 5 people a day die on the roads with a similar population, road infrastructure in Los is a factor but some if the things you see like today a tuk tuk driving on the wrong side of the road to avoid a que at a junction which delayed an ambulance coming in the opposite direction and at the junction cut in front and delayed the traffic he had just got past, why do the Thai's put up with that ?

20 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

No! 99% of Thais should take driving licence away and put them back in driving school! That kind school what actualy teatch to drive! In Finland we drive atleast 10 houer in traffic whit driving teatcher. In Thailand you drive back in office parkin lot few turns and brake once! And park in screen! Last year Finland had 211 casualty's in traffic! Less than Thailand sometimes in one day (sogran). Ok here have more traffic but anyway!

Unfortunately teaching them how to drive well does not mean they will drive well. 

I believe many offensive drivers know they are dangerous but simply don't care. 

Poor driving is a cultural problem that will not change until the culture does. I'm not holding my breath for that to happen. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Pilotman said:

wandering about the road, no high viz, what did he expect. 

had the most obnoxious sound ever likely in his mouth--those whistles they get power hungry with-BLAST!

Wonder if I ever crossed paths with that cop.....I confess I too use a whistle while biking, against the chinese

22 hours ago, rooster59 said:

This could be upgraded to a more serious charge depending on the exact nature of the policeman's injuries.

I see that life-changing and career-ending injuries have not been quite ruled out then?

3 hours ago, brianthainess said:

I feel sorry for the cop but, from my point of view the cop was standing in the wrong place, and directing traffic to go around the back of him and no Hi-Viz vest. what could go wrong ?

And he didn't have the chin strap of his helmet clipped.  It flew off his head before he hit the ground.  He could have had a serious head injury, also.