Where to Guv?! London cabs coming to Bangkok - And the flag fall is only 60 baht!

rooster59

It all boils down to the fare. You can have whatever Cab you want. London or New York yellow cab if it is within your budget.

If you are walking around shopping mall wearing a pair of flip flop and 500 bahts in your pocket you wouldn't be taking any taxi.

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

If my memory serves me right this gimmick was tried 10 or so years ago and didn't catch on, i still see those london cabs chucked in some car yards gathering dust...

Yes, AOT taxis at swampy had them. Perhaps if they paint them green and yellow or pink this time it may catch on.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, anterian said:

The distinctive shape of the Hackney cab was to accommodate a man's top hat and women to mount without revealing too much leg. 

To Mount a women without showing to much leg? Have to try that one. 

Oh cr@p did i read that Wrong? 

Edited by digger70
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, ezzra said:

If my memory serves me right this gimmick was tried 10 or so years ago and didn't catch on, i still see those london cabs chucked in some car yards gathering dust...

If my memory serves, (and it has been known to be wrong!) I think that back then the "Black Cabs" were used for a sort of limo service - prebooked rather than hailed on the street or picked up at a rank. If ranks at "premium spots" such as the malls mentioned are reserved for them, then maybe it will be a money spinner. It will upset the conventional saloon car taxi blokes though - you know, the ones with the broken meters!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, asiacurious said:

Ugh.  Why is always "Chinese"?   Too much CDS (China Derangement Syndrome) in these forums.

American tourists go nuts for stuff like this, and I would wager they are more likely to recognize the style of the vehicle as being a London taxi than many Chinese.  And I bet quite a few British tourists would let out a sigh for home and perhaps a slight giggle at seeing these too, and want to take a ride in one and have a photo.

A bit sensitive there - where are you from, again? Back from a recent no baht tour, or just adding to the complaining that you're complaining about?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bluesofa said:

That Red Bull guy. Got out sharpish when I said I recognised 'is boat face.

Didn't 'e do some rozzer in a few years back, or is me memory that bad?

boat face.? 

Wonderful option. I would gladly use these vehicles as I dislike haggling with cab drivers who will not use the meter. I can see these popular with the Thai executive class, and the Japanese, and Chinese tourists.

Edited by geriatrickid