Muay Thai ED Visa - Legit or Scam?

5 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

Thanks. What red flags if any should I be looking out for to ensure that it is authentic and I am not getting scammed? 

It the visa is offered from a school or an agency , its quite likely to be genuine offer .

Go along to the immigration office when the application is made if you are concerned 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, audaciousnomad said:

Thanks. What red flags if any should I be looking out for to ensure that it is authentic and I am not getting scammed? 

Pick a well established school with a good reputation.  Read some reviews about it online.  No school is going to risk ruining their good reputation to scam you.

1 hour ago, CorpusChristie said:

Go along to the immigration office when the application is made if you are concerned 

Good advise

• Like 2

I have done Muay Thai boxing and Thai language one year courses and they are fine. Just need to go to immigration every 3 months for the extension and pay 1900 baht plus what ever the school charges for the paperwork which maybe zero or about the same.

Chiang Mai University told me I could apply for an ED visa without leaving the country. Didn't mention any extra cost. 

If you do study Thai langauge, some IO's may test your ability to speak Thai, though mine didn't.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, audaciousnomad said:

Thanks! I am also looking into Thai language courses. Haven't decided which way to go. 

Be aware that you need to start the application process soon.  Start talking to schools now and find out when is their deadline for applications.  I already saw one school that said today was the last day to apply to get everything done by sept 26.  

On 8/8/2020 at 12:50 PM, CorpusChristie said:

It the visa is offered from a school or an agency , its quite likely to be genuine offer .

Why would a visa offered by an agency "quite likely" be genuine? From a school, yes.