1178 Hotline - Chaeng Watthana

1 hour ago, fondue zoo said:

So would it still be worthwhile visiting CW in person and speaking to an IO ?

You could try the helpline and find out what they say. In some cases they contact the immigration you are asking about to get an answer.

Probably best though to go to CW to find out what they say.

We spoke to the 1178 help line about an hour ago, and it was a no from them.

With people here mentioning reports of some offices allowing it, but not specifying which offices, I'm hoping that CW might be adhering to the Ministry announcement.

Attached the link to a post by @edwinchester reporting about his enquiry at Kanchanaburi IO.

The IO confirmed that he could apply straight away for the 1-year extension of stay based on his ME Non Imm O marriage Visa with expired permission to stay.

Applicant hadn't used his 60-day extension of stay yet and it would NOT have been necessary, but then Immigration realized that he wouldn't have the time left to get the 400K seasoned for the required two months, so then he applied for the  60-day extension of stay.

Note: It's strange that they did not advise him to do two monthly-income transfers of +40K in months of August and September, and then apply for the 1-year extension of stay in the last week of the Amnesty. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, fondue zoo said:

It's off to CW I go then, any idea which day that food market is open?

Please do report the results of your enquiry on the Forum.

Note: Might be useful to enquire with different officers, as there are no clear-cut rules/regulations on how to handle applications during this unprecedented Amnesty period, and as a result different offices (and even different officers in same office) are making up the rules according to their understanding or time-of-day.