Swampy To Jomtien Bus

Forza2002

Does anybody know if Roong Reung have resumed their bus service from Swampy airport to Jomtien? I'm coming down from Chiang Mai next week and in the past have always used this bus service as I stay at VT1. Their website says service stopped in April but Thais aren't very good at keeping websites up to date.

If bus not possible, can somebody recommend the name, price, phone no. of a reliable taxi driver.

Thanks for any assistance.

Edited by Forza2002

1 hour ago, johng said:

I'll try to get another look this afternoon but there where no busses at all at the "Foodmart carpark" last Sunday.

No need to bother, I can confirm the service is not in operation still. When it starts uo again I'll add it to this thread. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Forza2002 said:

If bus not possible, can somebody recommend the name, price, phone no. of a reliable taxi driver.

Tom Taxi Service

http://www.tomtaxiservice.com/

Suv. - Pat, Pat - Suv, 1000 Baht incl. toll.

Used them 4 times without a problem (June, July/August).

Confirmation within minutes.

Drivers waiting.

Comfortable limo or Fortuner.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, johng said:

I'll try to get another look this afternoon but there where no busses at all at the "Foodmart carpark" last Sunday.

Passed through Suv. multiple times.

Just not enough passengers to fill big buses to Jomtien.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Forza2002 said:

I just noticed that the bus service from Suvarnabhumi Airport is resuming on 22nd Aug. Limited service, just 3 buses a day going to North Pattaya... https://airportpattayabus.com/from-suvarnabhumi-airport/

Where will their passengers come from? Anyone on an incoming flight gets a chartered bus to their place of quarantine. 

5 hours ago, Forza2002 said:

I just noticed that the bus service from Suvarnabhumi Airport is resuming on 22nd Aug. Limited service, just 3 buses a day going to North Pattaya... https://airportpattayabus.com/from-suvarnabhumi-airport/

Interesting.  Looks like a hybrid of the Bell Travel Service to Pattaya Nua, and the "official" bus from Suvarnabhumi to Jomtien (Foodland parking lot.)

The online booking system looks like the old Bell Travel site.  It even has "Bell Travel Service" and the red bell logo in the title tab, and "Pattaya City" is the only option in the drop down menu.

However, if you continue through the booking process, from where the "Trip details" say "Departure from: Suvarnabhumi Airport To Pattaya City", on the next screen, the "Trip details" now say "Drop-off location:  Thappraya Bus Office" and the "Select hotel" button no longer lists the destinations of the Bell Travel minivans.  It only offers the Thappraya Bus Office.

Edited by wpcoe
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Domestic flights which will soon include Air Asia...

There are many fly to U Tapao, AA same aren't there?

I suppose there must be a demand for a Swampy bus or they would not be running them.

Edited by champers

1 hour ago, champers said:

I suppose there must be a demand for a Swampy bus or they would not be running them.

I don't think that there are any scheduled flights in or out of UTP at the mo 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, champers said:

There was some recent announcement about some AA domestic flights going from Swampy. DMG has always put me off AA.

On 8/20/2020 at 9:49 AM, wpcoe said:

Interesting.  Looks like a hybrid of the Bell Travel Service to Pattaya Nua, and the "official" bus from Suvarnabhumi to Jomtien (Foodland parking lot.)

The online booking system looks like the old Bell Travel site.  It even has "Bell Travel Service" and the red bell logo in the title tab, and "Pattaya City" is the only option in the drop down menu.

However, if you continue through the booking process, from where the "Trip details" say "Departure from: Suvarnabhumi Airport To Pattaya City", on the next screen, the "Trip details" now say "Drop-off location:  Thappraya Bus Office" and the "Select hotel" button no longer lists the destinations of the Bell Travel minivans.  It only offers the Thappraya Bus Office.

Bell used to offer a booking service for Roong Reuang coaches to Hua Hin and charged 25 baht for the service. This looks like a similar offering, but as you say, without the Bell Travel benefits.  Can probably book direct and avoid the booking fee if you trust space will be available.

4 hours ago, kinyara said:

Saw the bus sitting there just now at the office in the Foodnart car park so just asked for confirmation. 3 going to the airport daily, 9am, 12 mid-day and 4pm. Forgot to ask about return journey.

It's linked to in the post mentioning they've restarted, and the times are also 9am, 12 noon and 4pm.

• Like 1