Thai Language ED Visa WITHOUT leaving the country?

12 minutes ago, ANDREW999 said:

Money is not the biggest issue for me. Im just scared of being in the same situation after 3 months. I just need to get the d*mn non b and wp already ????

Since I couldn't get to Taiwan on March 18, I lost all my income for the year. I am trying to economize if possible. Wish you luck on your non-b WP

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

Since I couldn't get to Taiwan on March 18, I lost all my income for the year. I am trying to economize if possible. Wish you luck on your non-b WP

22 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

Since you go through an agent, I believe it doesn't need to be justified. For me my thai is ok, I just need a reasonably priced way to stay here while trying to get back to Taiwan. 3 months may work until end of Dec and edu would only give me until end of Jan. @DrJack54 You laughed at my post. Please enlighten me. I am trying to figure out a way to stay here that doesn't break the bank until Taiwan opens up. Any advice you may give would be hepful and you are a visa guru. Right now my life is a wreck and constructive input would be appreciated. If you think that option is bad for me please give me a better option.

Isnt Taiwan allowing residents to come back (im assuming you are one)? I'd go back to Taiwan today if Taiwan was waiting for me (i presume it's not your case, since you said you are stuck here). No joking around, looks like a great place to settle down.

I understand what you mean about economising. paying 20 or 30 doesnt make a big difference to me at the moment as it is still way cheaper than going back to the chaotic and expensive Barcelona, where I have nothing left. Here a college is waiting for me. There, just a bridge as best scenario.

Thanks for the good wishes! Same to you

Edited by ANDREW999
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, ANDREW999 said:

Isnt Taiwan allowing residents to come back (im assuming you are one)? I'd go back to Taiwan today if Taiwan was waiting for me (i presume it's not your case, since you said you are stuck here). No joking around, looks like a great place to settle down.

I understand what you mean about economising. paying 20 or 30 doesnt make a big difference to me at the moment as it is still way cheaper than going back to the chaotic and expensive Barcelona, where I have nothing left. Here a college is waiting for me. There, just a bridge as best scenario.

Thanks for the good wishes! Same to you

I am not an official resident. Was a 6 month nomad (bouncing back and forth between Thailand-4 months, Laos-1 month and there last month spent somewhere else)since I was not working. Was getting ready to restart my work. TECO so far is denying me an option to return. Am currently trying for a medical permit for hernia surgery, but probably will be denied since one person I spoke too said it was only being approved in case of life or death situations. I just contacted my hospital in Hsinchu about it. Let's see what they say. Even if I could get a work contract from someone they want it from home country, and no way do I go back to US to try that option. I am stuck. and it really sucks since I have a flat in Taiwan paid through Dec 2020 that i cannot use. Am about to pop a flare on fb to all my friends in Taiwan to see if anyone can help me somehow. Was in the process of leaving Thailand permanently on March 29 when the borders closed. Am sitting in a mostly empty flat now and paying double rent after losing a years income.

Edited by vermin on arrival
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Logosone said:

You mean an ED visa would be a bad option? Why is that?

I think he says that because they start from the date you entered, not from the date you apply.  So, if you entered pretty early in the year, example...January, and stayed in from extensions and amnesty, you're pretty much out of time by this Dec.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Logosone said:

You mean an ED visa would be a bad option? Why is that?

They start from the date of entry. Since I entered on Jan 30th I would only get 4 months on it, and have to pay both school and immigration fee and then maybe course fee. If I could get 1 year from Sept 27 that could work. Medical Extension might work better and allow me 3 more months to try and work something to get into Taiwan.

5 hours ago, ANDREW999 said:

I share you what i got from Pro Language school Pattaya and CM branches regarding to residence where you study.

These guys are absolute muppets. I contacted them and they want me to send a photo of every single page in my passport before they even tell me whether it's possible for them to get me a visa or not. I said just ask me the information you need and I'll tell you but they refused to do it that way. They really expect me to photograph all 40 or so pages even though the end result is probably they can't even get me a visa.

6 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

These guys are absolute muppets. I contacted them and they want me to send a photo of every single page in my passport before they even tell me whether it's possible for them to get me a visa or not. I said just ask me the information you need and I'll tell you but they refused to do it that way. They really expect me to photograph all 40 or so pages even though the end result is probably they can't even get me a visa.

So they want to look at your PP first before they waste your and their time starting the paperwork to apply for a ED Visa?

I don't see the problem with that? Just send what they ask for if you want the Visa

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

CM only asked for my entry stamp page. I took a photo and it was good enough and then replied to me with quotes outlining the process.  The main thing they strictly said was you cannot have any page with the OVERSTAYED stamp on it.  I replied I do not have that, and she then proceeded to draft up a quotation for me.

Edited by audaciousnomad
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ANDREW999 said:

If I had an arc, I could have left on schedule at the end of March. Instead I am dealing with all this bs in a country, city and flat I no longer wish to live in.

• Sad 2

13 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

If I had an arc, I could have left on schedule at the end of March. Instead I am dealing with all this bs in a country, city and flat I no longer wish to live in.

Or you could of tried to return to your own country, which you still can.

Or currently go deal with agent directly.

Simple really. 

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Simple really. 

Go back to the US? Not a chance, but thanks for the suggestion. Been out for 22 years and I hate it there. It is not an option I would actively pursue.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Simple really. 

It seems like the agent route is one I need to pursue. I am just trying to gather intel on it now. I am also trying to find if there is any way I can make it home to Taiwan. If Laos is allowing people to come in on work visas, I know some one with a connect to their state enterprises, which I may look into. It is just awkward as I must sort out all my valuables/possessions and what I leave here now must have a place to stay for a few years, and I probably won't have access to it for some while. I was in the process of putting all my things in storage when things blew up, so my situation is not so simple.

1 minute ago, vermin on arrival said:

Go back to the US? Not a chance, but thanks for the suggestion. Been out for 22 years and I hate it there. It is not an option I would actively pursue.

Think you mentioned that your 56. I might be completely wrong .

Has any agent that you have approached been able to brown envelope a retirement extension. 

Given that you don't have visa exempt entry or tourist visa entry, it would be expensive. However maybe possible.

Also there would be 2 prices. One for 90 day non o and extra for annual extension.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Think you mentioned that your 56. Might be completely wrong .

Has any agent been able to brown envelope a retirement extension. 

Given that you don't have visa exempt entry or tourist visa entry, it would be expensive. However maybe possible 

Yes, I am 56 and came in visa exempt and now on amnesty.

2 hours ago, vermin on arrival said:

They start from the date of entry. Since I entered on Jan 30th I would only get 4 months on it, and have to pay both school and immigration fee and then maybe course fee. If I could get 1 year from Sept 27 that could work. Medical Extension might work better and allow me 3 more months to try and work something to get into Taiwan.

It is annoying to pay for 4 months, however, can you not apply for another year of ED visa after the 4 months?

4 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

Yes, I am 56 and came in visa exempt and now on amnesty.

If you entered visa exempt an agent can arrange non o (retirement). Personally I would pay the extra for annual extension based on retirement. 

Won't be super cheap (since you don't have the financials) but it's a 12 month cover. 

Then concentrate of condo etc in Taiwan re let out or other options. 

FWIW personally I think post Sept 26 other options have to be available. 

Personally I have annual extension so simple. However I am from Melbourne/AU 

How could a Thai government force to return to Oz. Currently several state borders closed. AU PM announced that he hopes all borders open before end of year.

The borders he is referring to is internal Oz borders. International is a dream.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

If you entered visa exempt an agent can arrange non o (retirement). Personally I would pay the extra for annual extension based on retirement. 

Won't be super cheap (since you don't have the financials) but it's a 12 month cover. 

Then concentrate of condo etc in Taiwan re let out or other options. 

FWIW personally I think post Sept 26 other options have to be available. 

Personally I have annual extension so simple. However I am from Melbourne/AU 

How could a Thai government force to return to Oz. Currently several state borders closed. AU PM announced that he hopes all borders open before end of year.

The borders he is referring to is internal Oz borders. International is a dream.

It would be really great if post Sept 26 they gave us other options and let us know early. This 2 months plus let us sit and stress us out to use agents is agonizing. With the announcement today that visitors cannot enter Thailand probably until after Chinese New Year, it makes feel all of SE Asia will still have major restrictions for a long time.

Yeah, I know you Aussies have it tough back at home now. It's insane. Glad you are safe in a good situation here DrJack.

Guestimate on cost for retirement with no financials through agent? 25k?

13 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

I don't know. The people trying to renew edus in country are having problems.

Yes, I heard that. Some did not get it, others did.

On Sept 11 Bali opens for tourists, worst case scenario you could exit and apply there, they have a Thai consulate.

Worse places to wait for Thailand to reopen than Bali.

Edited by Logosone

1 hour ago, audaciousnomad said:

CM only asked for my entry stamp page. I took a photo and it was good enough and then replied to me with quotes outlining the process.  The main thing they strictly said was you cannot have any page with the OVERSTAYED stamp on it.  I replied I do not have that, and she then proceeded to draft up a quotation for me.

That's a far more sensible way of doing it. Pity the Pattaya branch didn't get the memo.

8 minutes ago, Logosone said:

On Sept 11 Bali opens for tourists, worst case scenario you could exit and apply there, they have a Thai consulate.

Before going that route though, join the #StayInBali group on FB.  Waiting it out in Bali has its own set of visa challenges if the posts on there are any indication.

• Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, Logosone said:

I am skeptical how things may go there, and I have issues in handling all my possessions and valuables here. When I go I know I want be back for a long time. Carrying anything of value and making sure everything else is put away safely in storage. That's why I am trying so hard to get back to Taiwan. I have a secure flat for all my valuable possessions and don't need to cart all my belongings with me. Living out of a suitcase long term is nothing I want to do. Thailand will be tough to enter for a long long time. With the restrictions, whatever I leave here I won't expect to have access to for at least 2 years.

38 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

Before going that route though, join the #StayInBali group on FB.  Waiting it out in Bali has its own set of visa challenges if the posts on there are any indication.

If you're on the free 30 day visa exempt yes there could be problems. With a paid visa (applied for before, but I think even possible to get on landing), you can keep extending for a long time without too much hassle (6 months, possibly more).

2 hours ago, audaciousnomad said:

Maybe the 6 month social visa would be long enough to see people through until the world started opening back up again.

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Think you mentioned that your 56. I might be completely wrong .

Has any agent that you have approached been able to brown envelope a retirement extension. 

Given that you don't have visa exempt entry or tourist visa entry, it would be expensive. However maybe possible.

Also there would be 2 prices. One for 90 day non o and extra for annual extension.

I think an agent who could arrange a retirement extension would do so directly (omitting the visa step). If someone is already here on a non immigrant entry, there is no 100% prohibition on doing that. A one-year extension on the basis of retirement is within the rules. However, I note this will be from a visa exempt plus automatic extension, so the visa would be required.

Edited by BritTim

9 hours ago, Logosone said:

It is annoying to pay for 4 months, however, can you not apply for another year of ED visa after the 4 months?

No.  Because the same rule applies—The maximum time you can stay is one year from your date of entry into Thailand.  Your only hope is the borders are open and you can apply for a new visa in a neighboring country.

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, BritTim said:

I think an agent who could arrange a retirement extension would do so directly (omitting the visa step). If someone is already here on a non immigrant entry, there is no 100% prohibition on doing that. A one-year extension on the basis of retirement is within the rules. However, I note this will be from a visa exempt plus automatic extension, so the visa would be required.

I am a little confused since I am not at your level of understanding. So I would need a 3 month and then a one year if I needed to stay that long? Or I could not do it? Any idea of the approximate costs involved using an agent and the date things would need to be started by?