would you move to Thailand?

Clive

13 hours ago, timendres said:

Short list Thailand and Vietnam. I would come check both to decide. There are many good choices in SEA, and starting out in one place does not lock you in. As long as you keep yourself from being tied down.

Tied down is one thing, how about being tied up?? My gal likes to walk all over my buddy ..his name is Matt

• Haha 2

I think it depends on your budget.

If you’re moving here because you have a limited budget & it was so cheap all those years ago then you’re in for a rude awakening as not only have prices increased but your home currency has almost certainly gone down a lot since you were last here.

Whilst money can”t buy you happiness I’d say that most people who have a comfortable budget are happy & content here, people who have been battered by FX rate changes & are struggling to meet the financial requirements for their visa are (in general) not.

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, swissie said:

Have been following Brit Man's advice concerning Thai-Ladies religiously. He puts a Farang/Thai relationship into a realistic frame work. Has kept me away from "pitfalls" and unrealistic expectations.

he puts relationships with women into a realistic frame work. 

there fixed that for you. 

• Haha 1

Do you like hot weather? Do you like spicy food? Do you have money? Visas aren't a problem at the moment, just use an agent; in two years, I don't know, maybe the whole system will come crashing down. Which illustrates the whole problem really, trying to plan two years ahead for a country like Thailand. Just keep it as an option and revisit the question in 2 years time.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

What if Swissie like ladyboys?

I have many Labyboy friends, a few gay guy pals too, doesnt mean I want to be sexual with them..

They are a trip and fun to hang and drink with, they have a zest for life and are outspoken-carefree

Is like the best of both worlds, nice to look at, the LBs and can shoot the Sh*t and get drunk..

I think I came to appreciate LBs as they gave me an ego boost and never asked me for money, of course

there were some that did, but I walked on.....I can just hang with them and never have money be the topic

I do recall my first LB discovery when I first came to LOS, but that is a story for another day I suppose...

The one that I became friends with kept my mbike when I had to leave for a year, she lived in Palm springs gated comm. by hang dong..had a honda city and a scoopy and a nice condo, all paid for....So Hiso!! 555

4 minutes ago, nausea said:

Do you like hot weather? Do you like spicy food? Do you have money? Visas aren't a problem at the moment, just use an agent; in two years, I don't know, maybe the whole system will come crashing down. Which illustrates the whole problem really, trying to plan two years ahead for a country like Thailand. Just keep it as an option and revisit the question in 2 years time.

I thought we were talking about Thighland?....Pardon my covfefe.....carry on

• Haha 1

i once lived there and i have been offered a free house plus the money needed in the bank by my thai friends to live there again but i find with a multiple entry visa that's enough for me. Get bored after a certain time there and go home ,then i get bored at home and come back. 555

29 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

33 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Nothin wrong with a good looking ladyboy ...when it’s late at night your pizzed and all the real things are taken....until daylight comes...

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, mr mr said:

not with that attitude you won't.

My observation is.If your looking for advice on life in Thailand or any thing on a personal note forget about it the absolute garbage that is posted in reply far outweighs the constructive comments.Therefore I agree with Pilotmans post.(attitude)

Edited by Silent Number
Having said that I do think it is a great asset for anyone wanting advice on visas and extensions.

5 minutes ago, RangerP703 said:

Every hole is a goal.

LOL  I focus on the lady Part--not the boy half......keep it kosher....only from the waist up!

Out if sight--out of mind ????    Just be midful of thai penal codes and all is well sabai sabai...