chaengwattana waiting time

Planning on going to chaengwattana next Tuesday or Thursday to sort out my 90 day stuff and was just wondering if anyone has been there in the last week or so and what the waiting time was like. Was it crazy time or nice and quiet.

Not a biggie, it would be nice to know whether to take a short novel or War and Peace that's all. Cheers Y'all.

49 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you are doing a 90 day report you will have to go to the temporary office in Muang Thong Thai.

See this announcement on immigration website. http://bangkokimmigration.com/2020/07/03/ประชาสัมพันธ์ย้ายเคาน์/

A very big thanks Joe. I hadn't known about that so you just saved my bacon and a wasted day. Cheers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

According to an earlier Immigration Announcement < see attached below > , if you skipped doing your 90-day report during the Amnesty (it was and still is not required to do it during the Amnesty), you need to regularize your 90-day situation by doing it in person.

IO suggests that you do that in month of August, but if not convenient for you it should be no problem to do it in September before the end of the Amnesty.

90 days Notification.jpg

Thanks Peter. I do normally do it by post but my last one, not long before the amnesty kicked in, failed to be returned and so I don't have the slip that they send. The required action is to appear in person with proof of posting which I have.

As I said before, it is no biggie. The biggest pain is going to be actually finding this new place which looks to be about an hours drive from where I am.

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

you need to regularize your 90-day situation by doing it in person.

IO suggests that you do that in month of August, but if not convenient for you it should be no problem to do it in September before the end of the Amnesty.

Peter, does that mean I need do 90 report in person. I had planned to do it via mail soon. I skipped report during amnesty.

BTW will be my first ever report.

All day is the standard wait.  No one wants to let out the secret that they don't have a real job.  We moved to paperless offices and everything should have barcodes for computers to handle in seconds.  Enjoy the cold slimey food at the food court.

• Confused 1

42 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Peter, does that mean I need do 90 report in person. I had planned to do it via mail soon. I skipped report during amnesty.

BTW will be my first ever report.

Not 100% sure but the notification seems to imply you have to do it in person.

But no harm in doing it by mail, and if it is accepted that would avoid you having to make the trip to Muang Thong Thani. 

Since it is your first ever report, you cannot do it on-line (as your local IO won't have the documents to compare the data with that you input on-line).

• Thanks 2

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you are doing a 90 day report you will have to go to the temporary office in Muang Thong Thai.

See this announcement on immigration website. http://bangkokimmigration.com/2020/07/03/ประชาสัมพันธ์ย้ายเคาน์/

I did my 90 day report at the Muang Thong Thani office a couple of weeks ago. In and out within 20 minutes. Very well organised. 

It can be tricky to find as Google Maps Navigation (and Grab) directed us to go down an impassable lane on a building site. See here for Google Streetview: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@13.9187078,100.5456671,3a,75y,30.74h,70.29t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sk7k9jK90TKqTvSPQv5vWAw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

and there are now some signs to "Immigration". Turn right from this view and go under the Tollway bridge and keep going straight. 90 day reporting is a building on the left. You'll probably see taxis waiting opposite.

Edited by soi3eddie
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

According to an earlier Immigration Announcement < see attached below > , if you skipped doing your 90-day report during the Amnesty (it was and still is not required to do it during the Amnesty), you need to regularize your 90-day situation by doing it in person.

90 days Notification.jpg

Immigration doesn't "suggest" doing the 90 days report in August if you haven't done it during the amnesty.

They say "foreigners have to make the notification". That's a big difference.

I was there on Friday 6th (Muang Thong Thani) at 9.30am and it was very fast. Less than 10 minutes after I arrived it was done, as long as you bring form TM47 already filled up. And keep in mind that (at least in my case) they will count the 90 days from the day you go there.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Immigration doesn't "suggest" doing the 90 days report in August if you haven't done it during the amnesty.

They say "foreigners have to make the notification". That's a big difference.

That IO announcement contradicts the official Cabinet resolution by which the Amnesty was prolonged till 26 September WITHOUT any changes to conditions (i.e. no need to do your 90-day reports during the Amnesty period).

A messy situation... 

• Like 1