Injured stray dog, what to do ? Who can we call ?

Not sure where you are located. 

If it is in pattaya maybe contact one of these: 

Hope for strays foundation

Soi dog foundation (dont think they are in pattaya, but they may be able to help)

The man that rescues dogs (This is just one guys operation but he helps dogs and is in chonburi)

Usually the dog rescues are quite full, so getting a new pet and healing it would be great karma.

On 8/8/2020 at 8:07 PM, AndyAndyAndy said:

Yep, nobody cares, he will be left to die.

Or you can take him. I toke one, he was so sick he couldn't stand up. I toke care of him and kept him. You can too. Or you can leave him to die.

123.jpg

235.jpg

356.jpg

Wonderful pics, thank you for posting them.   Have often been in the same boat ( the rescuer in different countries ).

We rescued a Border Collie in England many many years ago that was deemed "unfit" to work, yes it happens in UK too.

A daughter that lived here in Thailand took a dog and cat back to the UK, both animals originated in Ko Pha Ngan then spent time in Bangkok before flying to UK.    The animals were allowed to stay together during the 4 or 6 months quarantine in order to avoid mental stress.  Fortunately the quarantine station was only 50km away.     Unfortunately the cat did not survive long but the dog lived for 12 years, some of his ashes brought back to Thailand.

Another daughter "rescued" ( in a very roundabout way ) a dog from Turkish Cyprus that was due to be shot as he was deemed unsuitable for its purpose, it grew in to a wonderful and very large "water dog".
Our family have always had rescue dogs.

Here in Thailand a friend takes care of 3.    Earlier she had 2 dogs one, a female was killed by another "trained" to kill dog, a year later her friend a male Thai Alsatian died of DM.   

I noticed from your photo that one of the dogs looks like a male Thai Alsatian.    They are wonderful and caring dogs but often have a genetic fault that leads to DM ( Degenerative myelopathy ).    It can start when the dogs are about 5 - 14 years old.   The one my friend had was 7 years old when the condition first appeared.    Could I please ask you to read up on this as however fit your friend is the condition does take its toll.    My sincere wish is that he and all your friends have a long and happy life.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Speedo1968 said:

Wonderful pics, thank you for posting them.   Have often been in the same boat ( the rescuer in different countries ).

We rescued a Border Collie in England many many years ago that was deemed "unfit" to work, yes it happens in UK too.

A daughter that lived here in Thailand took a dog and cat back to the UK, both animals originated in Ko Pha Ngan then spent time in Bangkok before flying to UK.    The animals were allowed to stay together during the 4 or 6 months quarantine in order to avoid mental stress.  Fortunately the quarantine station was only 50km away.     Unfortunately the cat did not survive long but the dog lived for 12 years, some of his ashes brought back to Thailand.

Another daughter "rescued" ( in a very roundabout way ) a dog from Turkish Cyprus that was due to be shot as he was deemed unsuitable for its purpose, it grew in to a wonderful and very large "water dog".
Our family have always had rescue dogs.

Here in Thailand a friend takes care of 3.    Earlier she had 2 dogs one, a female was killed by another "trained" to kill dog, a year later her friend a male Thai Alsatian died of DM.   

I noticed from your photo that one of the dogs looks like a male Thai Alsatian.    They are wonderful and caring dogs but often have a genetic fault that leads to DM ( Degenerative myelopathy ).    It can start when the dogs are about 5 - 14 years old.   The one my friend had was 7 years old when the condition first appeared.    Could I please ask you to read up on this as however fit your friend is the condition does take its toll.    My sincere wish is that he and all your friends have a long and happy life.

They are also prone to Hip dysplasia and take local tick disease very badly... .

Now she is 3 years old and so far she is doing great. She's getting all he vaccines and actually her preventive vet visits cost me in last 3 years more than I spent for my own doctor in these 3 years. ???? She's definitivy taken good care of.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2020 at 10:06 AM, Grumpy one said:

Funny thing that

I guess the mutts are way smarter than us humans

All mammals are smart not just dogs. It's just that most people think that some animals (pigs, cows, goats) should be killed and be eaten but not others.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

What?!? Ha ha????

Where did they say they hate people?

I am sure they would help an injured person if they happened upon one..but in this instance it's a dog.

I found an orphaned bird the other month and hand reared it and released it. It's nice to help other living creatures. That does not mean I would not help a baby human ????

You support stray dogs but at the same time you don't support people suffering because of them. There is no other explanation. You care more about stray dogs than about people. There is sadly no "Ha ha". You ever saw a person bitten by them and the consequences? But you don't seem to feel anything for them. You care more about your stray dogs. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, lovelg10 said:

Interesting how this sad human seemingly equates helping dogs with ignoring people. How one reaches that conclusion basically defines a twisted mind. Since dogs innately respond in kind to circumstances, it would appear that this sad human got what he was due. Karma, my friend...

Many people get bitten by stray dogs every year and Rabies is a problem here in Thailand and people die from it. Stray dog lovers obviously don't care about such problems. But they should be aware that a tiny wound caused by an infected stray dog could mean their end without immediate treatment. But they should see it as Karma then. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, AndyAndyAndy said:

They are also prone to Hip dysplasia and take local tick disease very badly... .

Now she is 3 years old and so far she is doing great. She's getting all he vaccines and actually her preventive vet visits cost me in last 3 years more than I spent for my own doctor in these 3 years. ???? She's definitivy taken good care of.

Yes ticks seem very high this year, have buffalo and cows in local fields.     Round and heart worm can be high in rescue dogs.    Sorry for mistaking your Alsatian as male, it was the upright ears, the body shape is female, have seen a number of females locally with dropped ears.  
Your dogs look really happy, thank you.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ColeBOzbourne said:

You support people bitten by stray dogs, but not people bitten by sharks or rattlesnakes. In each of your replies you failed to mention them. There is no other explanation. You only care about dog-bitten people. You care nothing for humans bitten by other animals or that are injured in accidents or natural disasters. I am deeply disturbed by your lack of empathy for mankind.

You are right. I forgot the sharks and rattlesnakes. They always try to bite me when I am driving on my motorbike. And many people feed them too like they do with stray dogs. I begin to understand the stray dog lovers better now...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1