BANGKOK
samtab

Injured stray dog, what to do ? Who can we call ?

hi, is there a number to call when we find a badly injured street dog ? What people usually do ? Let him die alone in the street ? Thanks.

take it to a pet vet if you want to pay for its recovery

If you can, bring the dog to a veterinarian clinic and leave the dog there.

Watch from a distance what happens and make a movie. 

Any normal vet would help an animal. If not, the vet should get some very good publicity online. 

• Confused 1

Call the Soi Dog Foundation. They are on the internet where you can get the number.

• Like 1

Not sure where you are located. 

If it is in pattaya maybe contact one of these: 

Hope for strays foundation

Soi dog foundation (dont think they are in pattaya, but they may be able to help)

The man that rescues dogs (This is just one guys operation but he helps dogs and is in chonburi)

Usually the dog rescues are quite full, so getting a new pet and healing it would be great karma.

In the time wasted on writing this post, you could have called a vet. If you really do want to help. Instead of virtue signaling.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/8/2020 at 8:07 PM, AndyAndyAndy said:

Yep, nobody cares, he will be left to die.

Or you can take him. I toke one, he was so sick he couldn't stand up. I toke care of him and kept him. You can too. Or you can leave him to die.

123.jpg

235.jpg

356.jpg

Wonderful pics, thank you for posting them.   Have often been in the same boat ( the rescuer in different countries ).

We rescued a Border Collie in England many many years ago that was deemed "unfit" to work, yes it happens in UK too.

A daughter that lived here in Thailand took a dog and cat back to the UK, both animals originated in Ko Pha Ngan then spent time in Bangkok before flying to UK.    The animals were allowed to stay together during the 4 or 6 months quarantine in order to avoid mental stress.  Fortunately the quarantine station was only 50km away.     Unfortunately the cat did not survive long but the dog lived for 12 years, some of his ashes brought back to Thailand.

Another daughter "rescued" ( in a very roundabout way ) a dog from Turkish Cyprus that was due to be shot as he was deemed unsuitable for its purpose, it grew in to a wonderful and very large "water dog".
Our family have always had rescue dogs.

Here in Thailand a friend takes care of 3.    Earlier she had 2 dogs one, a female was killed by another "trained" to kill dog, a year later her friend a male Thai Alsatian died of DM.   

I noticed from your photo that one of the dogs looks like a male Thai Alsatian.    They are wonderful and caring dogs but often have a genetic fault that leads to DM ( Degenerative myelopathy ).    It can start when the dogs are about 5 - 14 years old.   The one my friend had was 7 years old when the condition first appeared.    Could I please ask you to read up on this as however fit your friend is the condition does take its toll.    My sincere wish is that he and all your friends have a long and happy life.

• Like 1